What's the difference in 60 points and 63 points?

neveragain

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

So, a team calling a timeout with less than a minute to dial up the perfect pass play to go up 91-6 in a high school football game doesn't bother you one bit?

So many people just repeating what they've heard others say. They were playing backups.  If your starters #### so much that my backups are still scoring on you, tough poop.  Get over this.  It gets brought up anytime these East Texas teams can't cut it in the playoffs.  Dude, you are in the freakin' state semi-final and still have people on here bringing this up 6-7 years later and whining about Refugio punching SA in the gut when some were on here hyping them as better than the 2015 Canadian team.  I guess that makes Refugio better than Carthage?  No, it just means SA wasn't as good as the hype and some of their fans want to keep on looking for things to take the focus off how overrated they truly were.

5 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Herring is one of the best all time head coaches.....who cares if he does that...like Jimmy Johnson said the defense is out there to stop me and it ain't his fault if they cant.

Amen to that.

I don't see where Tenaha beat anyone by the 60 points.

I see where they beat two teams by 59 but that is not 60.

I see where Tenaha beat other teams by 65, 69 and 74.

I see where their defense has allowed only 65 points and has 5 shutouts

Maybe it was Clarksville what was the score here?

I believe I remember a forfeit from Mt. e

I got no problem with the other games but putting 99 points on your neighbor and only allowing 6 points is a little cold-hearted, even it did take 2 games.

5 hours ago, bystander76 said:

SA was not the only one throwing punches. You missed the antics by #10 on our sideline. Not saying #55 didn’t throw punches as well because he did, but to have a coach from the opposing team holler at your team to meet him in the parking lot after the game so he could fight them is what got the unsportsmanlike call on him and those are the facts.  He’s a coward and a classless clown. I have no respect for Him at all

Repeating a lie over and over doesn't make it the truth except in your own mind.  Refugio coach did not yell this, I was there within earshot.  He was totally on the ref's case and that is all.  You sir are a simple liar or just repeating what someone else has told you without verifying.  It's called "fake news."  You could likely get a job with CNN straight away.

4 hours ago, bystander76 said:

Tenaha and Refugio kept their starters in. There are complaints from Burton but they don’t get on Smoaky. That score should have been 46-21. The last two scores were uncalled for

bystander, don't you ever get tired of whining?  Your team wasn't as good as you thought they were and you just can't let it go.  Wouldn't it be easier to just acknowledge the incredible education Refugio provided to your players, and free I might add, in how to truly play at a championship level, be a humble and gracious loser, and move on?

1 hour ago, bystander76 said:

Herring will be the downfall of Refugio football. He’s as sorry as they come. You all can make up stories to defend hud actions but they are inexcusable 

bystander, you are filled with so much hate.  Your last name isn't Murr, is it?  You know they have meds and people you can talk to about that.  What specific actions are inexcusable?  

22 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Repeating a lie over and over doesn't make it the truth except in your own mind.  Refugio coach did not yell this, I was there within earshot.  He was totally on the ref's case and that is all.  You sir are a simple liar or just repeating what someone else has told you without verifying.  It's called "fake news."  You could likely get a job with CNN straight away.

You sir are full of yourself and obviously wasn’t at the same game I was. There is a cell phone video of it as well, but I’ll try to not to confuse you with the facts since your minds made up. 

14 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

You sir are full of yourself and obviously wasn’t at the same game I was. There is a cell phone video of it as well, but I’ll try to not to confuse you with the facts since your minds made up. 

Anyone can say there is cell phone video.  Let's see it.  It can't and won't be shown because it doesn't exist of anyone saying what is being alleged.  I was there and I was on the sideline just as I have said.  Any video would show the coach throwing his hat to the ground and chewing on the refs in disbelief that they didn't just see one of his players get punched by one of the classless San Augustine players that have obviously been taught by someone (coach, parents, bystander76?) that this is okay.  You discover your not as good as you thought = okay to throw punches at the other team.  Hats off to the San Augustine player and fans that didn't participate in this classless activity and/or the attempt to cover it up by pointing the fingers at the victims.  What a mind job.

Ok, you SA and Refugio guys have already succeeded in getting one thread locked. If it causes a second one to get locked, there will likely be some vacation time handed out. Let’s put a stop to it, shall we? The updates on the forum have made disciplinary actions much easier. Just sayin’. 

• Like 1

If you get smoked on the state semis than that other team is good!

Is the Refuge coach a sorry sap sucker? Yes, is he classless as a dropout on the first day of school? Yes.

Does he run it up on lesser opponents to show people how manly he is? Yes. 

Does he deserve criticism over this game? No, they just whooped a really talented San Augustine team in the game before state. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I'm 100% for a team playing a full 2 quarters no matter how superior their team is to their oponent whether they score 50 or 76 in those 2 quarters. But put the scrubs in on at least offense during the 2nd half if it's too out of hand....if the back ups keep running it up on simple dive plays then by all means....bust 90. Can't just lay down.

And that year you're talking about.....yeah, the butthurt was strong within me for him calling a timeout with seconds left to punch 63 at the half....but I'm okay with what he did.....still had me all pissy at the time though lmao

If you try to run up the score on another team Just Because You Can, & end up with a Player's career ending early due to injury; You ought to end up looking like a jackass, because that's what you really are....

11 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

bystander, don't you ever get tired of whining?  Your team wasn't as good as you thought they were and you just can't let it go.  Wouldn't it be easier to just acknowledge the incredible education Refugio provided to your players, and free I might add, in how to truly play at a championship level, be a humble and gracious loser, and move on?

I’ve won some and lost some and I’m still here. I am a lot of things, but a whiner is not one of them. Just because I post facts that you do not agree with, that doesn’t mean I’m wrong and you’re right(unless you’re my wife and then you’re right regardless of the facts) I had moved on, you’re the one here still whining. I quit posting hours ago. I have way better things to do than to stoop to your level and hide behind a computer screen and blast people for you see you’ve directed all your comments at me and I have simply stated facts so who’s the real whiner? It seems as if you’re trying to coverup what happened by attempting to bully me, well I don’t do bully very well. I happen to be very good friends with the Burton coach and when the game was 46-21 it was over. They had gone to strictly running the ball letting the clock run, but for some reason the opposing Coach just had to get 60 points as of that is some magic number. I mean it’s as if to see how bad you can really beat a team, as of trying to make a statement that we are superior to you. This is high school football, these are student athletes and we are proud parents and fans of those kids that are going to support them. Unfortunately there are folks like you that are apparently reliving your childhood thru your kid or thru this and you just don’t get it. This will be my one and only response to you so before you think I ran and hid, I didn’t. I’m just not going to get into a Urination Competiton with you over the internet. 

23 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Kemp was a great sleeper pick. But Van? Lol, I know the more bold you go the more brilliant you preseason pickers look....so I get it. To me Van always seems to blow through their weak non-district schedules and pretty weak district to 9-1 or 10-0 with a good offensive showing with little to no defense being showcased, only to get bounced round 1 or round 2 at the first sign of a decent opponent.  But considering what they had coming back I could see where one might be a little ballsier picking them. Just out of curiousity.....who were your 4A D2 picks in the final?

Dude you are talking out of your head. Van went 4 rounds deep last year with a lot coming back including one of the best qb's in 4a. This year aside for WOS and Heritage, Van played Kennedale closer than anyone and that was with a QB on one leg. Think I am making that up perhaps you should check and know he had to have a procedure on his leg one week after the season. I by no means am saying that Van would beat Carthage but with a healthy Moseley, Van is one of the top 5 teams in the state and it's really not debatable. The funny part is the Carthage fans never dog Van or make fun of the people who support Van. Only people I ever see whining are those who can't accept that Van has been really good the last 2 years. 

21 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

Dude you are talking out of your head. Van went 4 rounds deep last year with a lot coming back including one of the best qb's in 4a. This year aside for WOS and Heritage, Van played Kennedale closer than anyone and that was with a QB on one leg. Think I am making that up perhaps you should check and know he had to have a procedure on his leg one week after the season. I by no means am saying that Van would beat Carthage but with a healthy Moseley, Van is one of the top 5 teams in the state and it's really not debatable. The funny part is the Carthage fans never dog Van or make fun of the people who support Van. Only people I ever see whining are those who can't accept that Van has been really good the last 2 years. 

Van was just simply weaker than most teams in Carthage's region imo. Looks as if they'll get the chance to join Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore, and Chapel Hill....so we'll see how their program stacks up with the stacked East Texas district.

41 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Van was just simply weaker than most teams in Carthage's region imo. Looks as if they'll get the chance to join Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore, and Chapel Hill....so we'll see how their program stacks up with the stacked East Texas district.

Everyone has an opinion and no doubt region 3 is stacked but if you truly think region 2 was weak this year I don't know what to tell you. Kennedale, Van, Heritage, Kaufman all were either in or right on the cusp of the top 10 all season. 

29 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

Everyone has an opinion and no doubt region 3 is stacked but if you truly think region 2 was weak this year I don't know what to tell you. Kennedale, Van, Heritage, Kaufman all were either in or right on the cusp of the top 10 all season. 

Kaufman was fairly solid, Kennedale is obviously pretty good. Van just isn't that solid to me....did decent this year I guess but I honestly don't think they would have even made the playoffs in Carthage's district this year.....just an opinion though. If they do indeed slip into that district next year, then we will get to see how the Van program stacks up against what's left of the "doom".

19 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Kaufman was fairly solid, Kennedale is obviously pretty good. Van just isn't that solid to me....did decent this year I guess but I honestly don't think they would have even made the playoffs in Carthage's district this year.....just an opinion though. If they do indeed slip into that district next year, then we will get to see how the Van program stacks up against what's left of the "doom".

Center made the playoffs out of that district. Stop sniffing glue. Kilgore and hendo are obviously very strong but let's be realistic. 

45 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

Center made the playoffs out of that district. Stop sniffing glue. Kilgore and hendo are obviously very strong but let's be realistic. 

Center was much stronger than you think....they beat Kilgore....Center dealt with some key injuries but overall they were very, very athletic.

6 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

You are mistaken to think that Van is not as good as Henderson, Kilgore or Chapel Hill or that they can’r compete with them.

Actually, if you were really paying attention, you would have seen that Refugio called timeout to get some different kids in the game. When Refugio lined up in their formation after the timeout, #3 wasn’t on the field like he was supposed to be - so Herring sent him out there. He ran inside the the numbers and lined up on the line like the rules say. The film shows a run play was called but no San Augustine player bothered to cover #3 after he ran on the field. So, instead of handing it off to #21 the QB threw it to #3 who then ran it in for a TD.....mystery solved

47 minutes ago, texasblues46 said:

You are mistaken to think that Van is not as good as Henderson, Kilgore or Chapel Hill or that they can’r compete with them.

We'll find out the answer to that next year hopefully.....but as it stands right now, just don't think they're as good as the doom district members