Tenaha vs Muenster

GreezyChef

Tenaha vs Muenster   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2017 at 04:30 PM

Just a few observations from a guy who can't pick winners in football.  The Muenster defense swarmed reminiscent of WOS.  They tackled exceptionally well.  The Tenaha D looked worn down late.  Muenster had those long drives eating up time, and Tiger energy.  Course, the Tiger D hasn't played to many complete games.  And that "To Tall" receiver for Muenster was impossible to cover.  Kid from Tenaha did as good a job as possible, but there ain't no substitute for height, plus athletic ability.  

Lastly, a great Championship game.  Well played game by both teams.  Congratulations to both programs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Did you say that they won 3 titles in one year?

Yep, 3 titles in 1 year. Three titles in one year. Thres titles in uno anuos. The hat trick in one year. A 👒 trick......., the trifecta. Tre.....trips.....uno, dos, thres.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 4:25 PM, REBgp said:

Just a few observations from a guy who can't pick winners in football.  The Muenster defense swarmed reminiscent of WOS.  They tackled exceptionally well.  The Tenaha D looked worn down late.  Muenster had those long drives eating up time, and Tiger energy.  Course, the Tiger D hasn't played to many complete games.  And that "To Tall" receiver for Muenster was impossible to cover.  Kid from Tenaha did as good a job as possible, but there ain't no substitute for height, plus athletic ability.  

Lastly, a great Championship game.  Well played game by both teams.  Congratulations to both programs.

Told my HS senior grandson that was at the game with me Tenaha might should have switched #11 Gardner to cover him...

Muenster did a tremendous job of shutting  #6 and defending the bubble screen for the most part...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

Told my HS senior grandson that was at the game with me Tenaha might should have switched #11 Gardner to cover him...

Muenster did a tremendous job of shutting  #6 and defending the bubble screen for the most part...

Ironic, the one game (of 3 or 4) I had a smattering of knowledge on, I figured Tenaha was a lead pipe cinch.  Runaway winner, and until the Manvel HP game, it was the best one.  Muenster's defense was very impressive.  Disciplined, and a great group of athletes.  And to repeat what we both know, they had to be to beat Tenaha, a very explosive, high powered offense.

On 12/20/2017 at 7:49 PM, wtxfootball said:

Yeah I had been sleeping on Muenster. I thought Albany would beat you guys. I thought Wellington would beat whoever won between y'all and Albany seeing how they only lost to Childress by 1. I'm done picking against y'all haha. 

Thanks for the support.

Wellington was for real... of all the teams we played, they were the biggest and they were the quickest... very fast... they were the only defense that our offense could not drive the ball on, scored on big plays. and their offense was the only offense that our defense could not stop, they stopped themselves. Wellington should have been the state champs imo... keep an eye on them next year, they only lose two guys... they will make a run again next year. would pick them to be in the state title game if Stratford wasnt dropping down

***Edit: After I posted this, I realized that we did not drive the ball on Albany's defense either. In fact, we only had 246 yards of offense against Albany. Our defense carried us in that one.

On 12/22/2017 at 6:44 AM, Greezychef said:

Well, Im signing off till next season. 

Got some big plans in the works for yall east texas 2a lovers in 2018.  See yall in August. 

Greezy, we should get together and do this in the regular season sometime... you know, when there is not everything at stake... maybe we can get Horn and Carney together?

Merry Christmas and congratulations to yall on a another great season. I am sure that Tenaha will have another good year next year, even with the move up... we will be watching...