Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

Name a team WOS has faced this year that has 300+ lb athletic linemen on both sides of the ball. That doesn't happen at the 4A level very often.  Win or lose WOS will feel the pounding that the PG defense and offense lines put on them for days to come.  

10 minutes ago, 1utexfan said:

Name a team WOS has faced this year that has 300+ lb athletic linemen on both sides of the ball. That doesn't happen at the 4A level very often.  Win or lose WOS will feel the pounding that the PG defense and offense lines put on them for days to come.  

My question  is if they were so great why did they go 6-7 last year with that 300lb lineman ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

My question  is if they were so great why did they go 6-7 last year with that 300lb lineman ?

They didn't have a passing attack to keep defenses honest. This year, they added a very efficient and dangerous passing scheme to their very impressive running attack. PG is well rounded, not bad at anything. And their front 7 on defense is a dominating force. #77 should keep some syrup on the sideline for all them pancakes, lol. And when on defense, he cuts through double teams like a hot knife through butter. I enjoy watching that kid play.....heck of a ball player. They got talent everywhere. Whoever wins this game will have earned it the hard way after the dust settles.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

PG had a lot of trouble finding an offensive identity last year. They went to and from several offensive schemes due to struggles throwing. They still were a handful. Just because you don't go undefeated every year, doesn't mean you can't be a dominating force 1 year. This may just be the beginning. I mean, WOS' streak had to start somewhere, right?

21 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Really simple to answer: different style of the offense. And you do know they went to the Qtr Final right. Different style of the wing T this year based on no longer having to snap the ball in shotgun to TJ and have him try to make something happen. There's no longer a 2 headed monster at running back. It's a 4 headed monster. With a QB That can put the ball on the receivers. In fact There was 8 points and 2 TD passes left on the field against Graham . Drop in the end zone by Benson and Drop in the end zone by Carson. 

1 hour ago, 1utexfan said:

I will remind you of this Friday evening!

46 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

I will remind you of this Friday evening!

No...You will be back to eat crow like all the past Super teams PG have beaten..Just better decide if you like it straight up or with your favorite dipping sauce. We have been dogs all year...A win streak has to start somewhere...Just like the losing streak that WOS is about to embark upon...

• Like 1

Lovin every minute of this thread. Especially about the Big 300# lineman and how PG will control both sides of the ball.  And how PG runs the perfect wing T and all that other noise. What's going to be funny is when the chain gang defense absolutely wears your front line completely out. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

PG had a lot of trouble finding an offensive identity last year. They went to and from several offensive schemes due to struggles throwing. They still were a handful. Just because you don't go undefeated every year, doesn't mean you can't be a dominating force 1 year. This may just be the beginning. I mean, WOS' streak had to start somewhere, right?

very true. I’ll say this though WOS has tradition of winning.  they have only  one losing season over 30 years. They  have an 80% winning percentage when they step on the field.  They are smaller version of Katy imo lol My friends at WOS call this a rebuilding season due the lack offense. Heck I would love for my team to be this far that is considered a rebuilding season. We only beat them twice over 30 years we ran the wishbone and triple I against them. Both of those years we beat them we were actually faster than them. I’ve played and watched WOS most of my life and the kids that go there want nothing more to earn there silver helmet with the blue WOS on it. We will see what happens Friday should be a great game

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Really simple to answer: different style of the offense. And you do know they went to the Qtr Final right. Different style of the wing T this year based on no longer having to snap the ball in shotgun to TJ and have him try to make something happen. There's no longer a 2 headed monster at running back. It's a 4 headed monster. With a QB That can put the ball on the receivers. In fact There was 8 points and 2 TD passes left on the field against Graham . Drop in the end zone by Benson and Drop in the end zone by Carson. 

I’m sure it will be a good football game. PG has to be good if they made this far. But I don’t see PG blowing WOS like Graham it will be a close battle

6 minutes ago, 1utexfan said:

No...You will be back to eat crow like all the past Super teams PG have beaten..Just better decide if you like it straight up or with your favorite dipping sauce. We have been dogs all year...A win streak has to start somewhere...Just like the losing streak that WOS is about to embark upon...

I have not needed to eat crow because my team has won and continues to win. 

6 minutes ago, LTrain11 said:

This thread is hilarious. Every week wos is the underdog, and every week they come out on top. Just another week for the champs.

Underdog lol slow down on the drinks. 40 straight wins 4 state appearances and WOS is the underdog? I believe PG will win but that doesn't mean WOS is the underdog lol shoot I'm rooting for the underdog PG.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

It should be titled PG and a team who has won the last two championship and will make their 4 th straight appearance. Who has NO chance of beating PG!

It’s just because we are on a east Texas site. They believe they play the best ball which is true for certain teams up there.