Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

2 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

It should be titled PG and a team who has won the last two championship and will make their 4 th straight appearance. Who has NO chance of beating PG!

The last 2 years don't mean jack, chuckie. Truth is, game is gonna be a slugfest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

At first I thought you were just trash talking to get a rise but now I see you actually beleive PG isn't a threat at all. Lol boy, oh boy, you're in for a big surprise. I can understand how winning back to back titles can make you feel like your boys are invincible.....I been there, but the mighty, can and often do, fall. WO-S is a dang good program and has a pretty dad gum good football team.....but if you think for a second that PG will be any sort of a pushover,  you sir are sadly mistaken. PG fans are doing a lot of chest beating so i could understand your skepticism, but from a nuetral fan's perspective, it comes with good reason. They are an extremely talented football team with drive and motivation. Gonna be a much different squad than you're expecting to see.

Didn't say they were a pushover. But what I did say is they are not better than WOS

3 hours ago, LTrain11 said:

This thread is hilarious. Every week wos is the underdog, and every week they come out on top. Just another week for the champs.

I don’t think you have a clue what WOS is about to face. I’m not not somebody from PG or even district 7 area, but I’m telling you now your gonna see the slot wing-T ran to absolute perfection. And on the defensive side, PG has been a beast at edge containment and QB pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

man next Friday going to be a wake up call for those big ole east Texas boys. i think Celina or sweetwater had some big lineman too.  Big and soft! Gonna get punch in the mouth is what's fixing to go down!

Wait until WOS defensive lineman meet PG's #77....😎😎😎😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LCM17 said:

WOS defense might give up two touch downs to PG. I watched some film on them and WOS speed will be the key factor. To beat WOS you have to throw the ball. and yes I know that PG throws the ball more then the usual wing t team. I just don't think PG qb will have enough time to set up and throw the ball without the defense being in his face all night. Last night Wimberly QB had to run around the pocket and was getting hit. WOS was playing a lot of man on man. Most High schools teams would have had two deep safeties over the top. But WOS has  speed that they don't  have to do that.  Most of these kids that are on the team have been riding up to a state championship game the last 4years. They have been practicing against the former starters from the past for 16 weeks on the scout team. WOS the last 3 years 2016 16-0, 2015 15-1, 2014 13-3. PG the last 3 years 2016 6-7, 2015 6-5 2014 6-5. PG has had special year but that will end next Friday.

The streak for WOS will come to an end. It may not be Friday but it is coming. The odds are against them. Those losses that you allude to that PG has endured has only made the athletes more hungry. Those athletes have seen their baseball team play for and win state titles. The whole athletic program knows what it takes to earn the right to be christened "State Champion". This is their first shot at a football title. Please be assured that the Hawks will not take WOS lighty nor will the Hawks show up "just glad to be here". The Hawks have put in the blood, sweat, tears, sacrifice, hard work, dedication, and prayers for this special opportunity. Looks to me like you are pretty confident that WOS will never lose another game and certainty not this one. All of Texarkana supports them. LE, THS, and AHS will travel from Texarkana as well as people from Texarkana who reside in the DFW will be there. I'm just thankful to those student athletes for taking me on their journey. Finally, don't sing it just bring it! WOS has further to fall than we do.

3 hours ago, DogonSirius7 said:

The streak for WOS will come to an end. It may not be Friday but it is coming. The odds are against them. Those losses that you allude to that PG has endured has only made the athletes more hungry. Those athletes have seen their baseball team play for and win state titles. The whole athletic program knows what it takes to earn the right to be christened "State Champion". This is their first shot at a football title. Please be assured that the Hawks will not take WOS lighty nor will the Hawks show up "just glad to be here". The Hawks have put in the blood, sweat, tears, sacrifice, hard work, dedication, and prayers for this special opportunity. Looks to me like you are pretty confident that WOS will never lose another game and certainty not this one. All of Texarkana supports them. LE, THS, and AHS will travel from Texarkana as well as people from Texarkana who reside in the DFW will be there. I'm just thankful to those student athletes for taking me on their journey. Finally, don't sing it just bring it! WOS has further to fall than we do.

Any team is beatable. Will WOS win everyone of them no. But let’s count the next 5 or 10 years I can guarantee WOS will still be a good program 8 plus wins a season. I just think it’s funny that people think they will blow WOS out or they haven’t played anyone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LTrain11 said:

This thread is hilarious. Every week wos is the underdog, and every week they come out on top. Just another week for the champs.

Who says WOS is the underdog? I'd be willing to bet the Stangs have been favored in every game they've played this year.

• Like 1

I know I’ll be in the minority here but I think WOS wins this one. But after watching video of both I will go with the mustangs.  The qb run game and screen game will be key to keeping the PG DL honest.  Also, coach Thompson will pick up on any and all tendencies of the slot/wingT.  One of his interviews he said they’ve seen that 26 times in 3 years.  

WO-S wins 30-21

• Like 2

We can talk about the matchups all we want Til we are all blue in the face. Nobody knows what’s going to happen next Friday. BUT, I’ll tell you WOS this FACT

PG will show up ready to play. They may get beat, but those boys will be ready. We’ve played in big venues this year. We’ve been the underdog. We’ve done all the things needed this year and deserve to be In this game too. Yes this is the first time we have been this far, but it hasn’t stopped us the last two weeks. We’ve heard week in and week out..”Our team is designed to stop the run. Out team matches up well with PG”. While on paper you may, realistically you don’t and never would this year.  We have served up so much crow to opposing teams fan bases that it ain’t even funny. I respect what WOS has accomplished and I bet they will be the favorite team going into the game.  I think this will be the best team we’ve faced all year. Hoping for a great game. I’ve never been to Jerry’s world, so this will be an exciting game for me as well as my son who will be taking the field for the HAWKS. 

i won’t make a prediction but hoping for a HAWK victory to end a perfect season. 

46 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

We can talk about the matchups all we want Til we are all blue in the face. Nobody knows what’s going to happen next Friday. BUT, I’ll tell you WOS this FACT

PG will show up ready to play. They may get beat, but those boys will be ready. We’ve played in big venues this year. We’ve been the underdog. We’ve done all the things needed this year and deserve to be In this game too. Yes this is the first time we have been this far, but it hasn’t stopped us the last two weeks. We’ve heard week in and week out..”Our team is designed to stop the run. Out team matches up well with PG”. While on paper you may, realistically you don’t and never would this year.  We have served up so much crow to opposing teams fan bases that it ain’t even funny. I respect what WOS has accomplished and I bet they will be the favorite team going into the game.  I think this will be the best team we’ve faced all year. Hoping for a great game. I’ve never been to Jerry’s world, so this will be an exciting game for me as well as my son who will be taking the field for the HAWKS. 

i won’t make a prediction but hoping for a HAWK victory to end a perfect season. 

Congrats to your son. This should be a great contest! WOS will leave it all on the field just like PG. my only advice would be to buckle up one more notch on the chin strap cause it fixing to get physical!! Good luck to your son!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I wanna know what the wos guys are drinking. 

WOS has been drinking high octane swamp water and eating Purina Hi-Pro. They are not a big team, but they are like chiseled stone. You will not see a bunch of guts hanging on these boys. They are conditioned beyond where they need to be, so that they are still smacking heads at the end of the 4th quarter. 77 is big, but he will not put fear in any player on the WOS squad. With that said, I look for this game to be  a tough game. Only time will tell how tough. Of course, I pick WOS, as they have seen it all, and find a way to capitalize every time. No doubt PG has a good team, but I know Cornel Thompson and the "Stangs.

9 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Geez I wish I had a nickle for every time I've heard this over the last 4 years...

If you had a nickel for every time it was true you'd still be broke...... bout to have you a nickel next weekend though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Yes fell apart. I watched the whole game. I thought it was over at the half, even after the Thompson return was called back. Wos had a 25-7 lead. 

Won on last second play? Um Gilmer won by 10 bud, did you watch the game? 

The better coach was not on the Gilmer side. WOS had a young team, that got shook when a high snap had disastrous results for WOS. That was 2014, and this is 2017. New team, same coach.