Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

3 minutes ago, XMan said:

The better coach was not on the Gilmer side. WOS had a young team, that got shook when a high snap had disastrous results for WOS. That was 2014, and this is 2017. New team, same coach.  

Traylor was the 2nd best coach in Texas high school football..... Next to Scott Surratt at Carthage....Gilmer always contended with Traylor at the helm no matter what kind of talent they had. WOS coach seems to be the real deal as well. 

Lol.....I love it.....its going to be pure hell come game time.....at kickoff all these keyboard warriors become a moot point. Their words meaningless and whatever happened last year or the year before,  or even last week becomes irelevant. Two undefeated teams that know exactly nothing about eachother. One team trying to protect a reputation and stamp their ticket to greatness in their schools tradition.  One team trying trying to propel their school into greatness for the very first time. Both teams full of motivation and determination. Both teams loaded with athletes. It's going to be a battle from the first whistle to the last whistle. Gotta love high school football. The last 2 standing,  no matter what's said or what happens.....both teams have had one hell of a season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Traylor was the 2nd best coach in Texas high school football..... Next to Scott Surratt at Carthage....Gilmer always contended with Traylor at the helm no matter what kind of talent they had. WOS coach seems to be the real deal as well. 

That's just your opinion. We will let THSCA Make that determination!

2 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Dude. I'm far from little unless you consider 6'4" and 285 as little! you may not like us but you will respect us come Friday evening!

You'll respect PG as well.....you're an idiot if you don't.....2 teams left standing, they've earned the respect at this point. 

5 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

I'm sorry respect is earned and you and your PG fans need to learn that!

They are one of the last 2 teams standing in the state.....if they haven't earned your respect by now,  then your football IQ is trash lol....either that or you're just a complete asshat.....one of the 2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

They are one of the last 2 teams standing in the state.....if they haven't earned your respect by now,  then your football IQ is trash lol....either that or you're just a complete asshat.....one of the 2.

Or both

• Like 2

This reminds me of the USC vs TEXAS game a few years back. WOS is USC who in turn seems to be Bama or the Patriots. The team with the best athletes do not always win. WOS and PG will both know they have been in a battle afterwards. Just sit back and enjoy the game. Both teams are deserving and it's usually the adults that mess everything up. Insulting each other's fans does nothing to enhance the game whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

You come on hear talking up your hawks like they Deserve the respect. Last years squad was .500. And this year they managed to be undefeated. You better be happy for that   Now if they win I will be the first to congratulate them but until then. Your just blowing smoke

44 minutes ago, XMan said:

WOS has been drinking high octane swamp water and eating Purina Hi-Pro. They are not a big team, but they are like chiseled stone. You will not see a bunch of guts hanging on these boys. They are conditioned beyond where they need to be, so that they are still smacking heads at the end of the 4th quarter. 77 is big, but he will not put fear in any player on the WOS squad. With that said, I look for this game to be  a tough game. Only time will tell how tough. Of course, I pick WOS, as they have seen it all, and find a way to capitalize every time. No doubt PG has a good team, but I know Cornel Thompson and the "Stangs.

All of these players are conditioned. You believe that 77, 74, 79, 90 are not conditioned because they have some body fat

LOL they all bench 2 of your lineman and squat the whole LINE of WOS. It's Power and conditioning that WOS is about to face. It will be a good game.

Watched some highlights on Pleasant Grove. Seem to be well coached. Use a lot of misdirection and decent pass game when necessary. They seem to have more size up front but that hasnt matter to WOS in the past. Im sure they will try to wear WOS down with tgat run game. Think WOS will be able to adust some big plays on their defense and find some gaps along with some pure athletic plays. Looks like a good SC matchup

23 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol.....I love it.....its going to be pure hell come game time.....at kickoff all these keyboard warriors become a moot point. Their words meaningless and whatever happened last year or the year before,  or even last week becomes irelevant. Two undefeated teams that know exactly nothing about eachother. One team trying to protect a reputation and stamp their ticket to greatness in their schools tradition.  One team trying trying to propel their school into greatness for the very first time. Both teams full of motivation and determination. Both teams loaded with athletes. It's going to be a battle from the first whistle to the last whistle. Gotta love high school football. The last 2 standing,  no matter what's said or what happens.....both teams Hage had one hell of a season. 

Right!! 

4 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

You come on hear talking up your hawks like they Deserve the respect. Last years squad was .500. And this year they managed to be undefeated. You better be happy for that   Now if they win I will be the first to congratulate them but until then. Your just blowing smoke

Can you read? You see my username? That ain't Hawks8, it's Eagle8.....they ain't "my Hawks". But everybody with a sports mentality knows going 15-0 to set themselves up in the State Championship title match is a very respectable feature. And I understand you are having a very hard time wrapping your head around this,  but last year has absolutely nothing to do with this year......this year they have a hell of a resume, quite possibly better than WO-S's....but both teams have earned their respect. Well,  PG has earned respect from 99.99% of Texas football fans lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Can you read? You see my username? That ain't Hawks8, it's Eagle8.....they ain't "my Hawks". But everybody with a sports mentality knows going 15-0 to set themselves up in the State Championship title match is a very respectable feature. And I understand you are having a very hard time wrapping your head around this,  but last year has absolutely nothing to do with this year......this year they have a hell of a resume, quite possibly better than WO-S's....but both teams have earned their respect. Well,  PG has earned respect from 99.99% of Texas football fans lol. 

Take it easy man. It will be ok!

14 minutes ago, goldenstick said:

Looks like a good SC matchup

I agree, should be a lot of strength vs strength matchups all over the field. Gonna be a slobber knocker.  So,  what your saying is......they've earned your respect this far? Correct? lol