Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

I watched several videos on PG last night.  The one thing I couldn’t figure out was their speed, until I watched the Gilmer video.  To me Gilmer wasn’t nearly as fast as they’d been in years past as a team.  And PG he a tough time with Gilmer’s speed.  WO-S is extremely fast, maybe the fastest I’ve seen this year as a team.  PG struggled with the QB run and the screens out of the backfield.  Also I wasn’t as impressed with PG passing game as much as a lot here have been saying.  The play calls were in good timing but most of the throws I saw were off target and had to be adjusted to by the receiver.

Staying with my pick of WO-S 30-21 

29 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I watched several videos on PG last night.  The one thing I couldn’t figure out was their speed, until I watched the Gilmer video.  To me Gilmer wasn’t nearly as fast as they’d been in years past as a team.  And PG he a tough time with Gilmer’s speed.  WO-S is extremely fast, maybe the fastest I’ve seen this year as a team.  PG struggled with the QB run and the screens out of the backfield.  Also I wasn’t as impressed with PG passing game as much as a lot here have been saying.  The play calls were in good timing but most of the throws I saw were off target and had to be adjusted to by the receiver.

Atlanta is the fastest team I’ve seen this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Atlanta is the fastest team I’ve seen this year. 

Likewise.....WOS got some speed but contrary to that guy's belief.....speed hasn't been an issue for PG this year. PG has enough speed in the right places to where it really hasn't been an issue. I think it's gonna be a slugfest. Gonna be a fun one to watch. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

It would be interesting to see stats on Harmon, completions to TD ratio. The passes I've seen him throw were all on the money.

The problem is that so many opponents this year have been unimpressed by the PG passing game, believing the Hawks are just a running team and if they stop the run, they stop PG. That thinking hasn't gone well for those teams, and if I were WOS, I definitely wouldn't underestimate Harmon's ability to make things happen with the pass. Bottom line is the PG coaches have successfully drawn up game plans that continue to frustrate their opponents. I don't expect Friday to be any different.

3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

It would be interesting to see stats on Harmon, completions to TD ratio. The passes I've seen him throw were all on the money.

The problem is that so many opponents this year have been unimpressed by the PG passing game, believing the Hawks are just a running team and if they stop the run, they stop PG. That thinking hasn't gone well for those teams, and if I were WOS, I definitely wouldn't underestimate Harmon's ability to make things happen with the pass. Bottom line is the PG coaches have successfully drawn up game plans that continue to frustrate their opponents. I don't expect Friday to be any different.

I’m not exactly sure, but before last week something like 28% of his completions were for touchdowns 

3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Yep all WOS needs to do is load the box and stop the run and they beat pg! PG has 0 passing ability! Still WOS will not stop run. With 11 in the box they still won't stop the run! 

2 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I’m not exactly sure, but before last week something like 28% of his completions were for touchdowns 

I knew he was the real deal just watching him warm up. Can't wait to see how much better he gets the next 2 years.

1 minute ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yep all WOS needs to do is load the box and stop the run and they beat pg! PG has 0 passing ability! Still WOS will not stop run. With 11 in the box they still won't stop the run! 

Haha, if they believe that, they will be crying all the way home to Orange.

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

nope it's going down like Army and Navy stop it if u can!

I hear you, but the WOS defense isn’t the Celina defense or others, and if WOS put all 11 in the box to specifically stop the run I’m thinking they’d have success doing so.

I am 100% pulling for PG to win their first state championship this coming Friday. I will be in attendance cheering them on against WOS.

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you, but the WOS defense isn’t the Celina defense or others, and if WOS put all 11 in the box to specifically stop the run I’m thinking they’d have success doing so.

I am 100% pulling for PG to win their first state championship this coming Friday. I will be in attendance cheering them on against WOS.

I hear ya ! I'm just fishing!!! Hoping to get bit but Golf scared em off!

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Go to YouTube and watch them vs Gilmer.  Lacked accuracy that game.  Completion % doesn’t always equal accuracy.  There were a few completions that would’ve been TD if not underthrown badly.  Then the interceptions.  They were poorly thrown.  In that offense the passing game isn’t the key it’s getting chunk yardage on first down.  WOS will be the fastest team they’ve played to date and will know the PG tendencies.