Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Go to YouTube and watch them vs Gilmer.  Lacked accuracy that game.  Completion % doesn’t always equal accuracy.  There were a few completions that would’ve been TD if not underthrown badly.  Then the interceptions.  They were poorly thrown.  In that offense the passing game isn’t the key it’s getting chunk yardage on first down.  WOS will be the fastest team they’ve played to date and will know the PG tendencies.  

Know the PG tendencies? They run so much out of that slot wing-t and use so many personnel that even as a spectator in the stands you’ll find yourself trying to figure out who is the actual ball carrier! Good luck with that tendencies mess.

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Likewise.....WOS got some speed but contrary to that guy's belief.....speed hasn't been an issue for PG this year. PG has enough speed in the right places to where it really hasn't been an issue. I think it's gonna be a slugfest. Gonna be a fun one to watch. 

I’m not just talking about the fastest couple.  Team speed.  This will be the fastest TEAM that PG has faced.  

I havent seen Atlanta so I can’t comment, but WOS is fast all over

1 hour ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Know the PG tendencies? They run so much out of that slot wing-t and use so many personnel that even as a spectator in the stands you’ll find yourself trying to figure out who is the actual ball carrier! Good luck with that tendencies mess.

These run heavy offenses have tendencies built in themselves.  It’s not personnel or playcalling.  It’s the blocking scheme for each run play that creates the tendencies.  Then coaches have tendencies they lean on, whether they realize it or not.  

Year in year out WO-S is one of the top rated defenses.  That’s not by chance.  It’s by preparation.  Coach Thompson and his defensive staff are always prepared, and as I said from his interview they’ve seen this offense a slough of times in the last 3 years.  I can’t say if they lost a bunch of them or not in the last 3 years but something tells me they haven’t....😉

5 minutes ago, goldenstick said:

WOS will be prepared to stuff the run. PG will make some plays..and prob do some things to catch them by surprise in the air a few times. However, the Mustangs will be selling out on the run and try to make PG play a different game then they are used too

Blah blah blah you hane ZERO idea what WOS will do or what PG will do. Line them up and let the boys settle it on the field. 

Should be a close, low scoring game.  It is EXTREMELY tough to beat WOS with a slot T.  They see it over and over during the season, are coached and play with discipline on defense, and almost always have superior speed.  The 40 in a row is now the 10th longest winning streak in Texas HS football history.  Impressive.  The fact that WOS has more shutouts than losses in their program’s history is probably the most impressive stat I’ve ever seen.  

WOS wins this one in the 3-7 pt range. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Biggest key to this game: If or if not PG can get to the outside. That sets up the rest of what they wanna do on offense. 

Another point. All the talk is about WOS defense vs. PGs offense........ What about WOS offense vs. PGs defense? 

That's what im looking forward to seeing. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Biggest key to this game: If or if not PG can get to the outside. That sets up the rest of what they wanna do on offense. 

Another point. All the talk is about WOS defense vs. PGs offense........ What about WOS offense vs. PGs defense? 

I agree Eagleborn. I believe that's the biggest indication of who will win. From what I have seen, I give the edge to PG. 

I’m gonna go with PG winning their first football SC... I’ll say by 14

The only edge I give to WOS here is their experience in playing in the state title game. This is not the same WOS we have seen in the finals the last couple times... i just don’t think their offense will be good enough to beat PG in this game. 

8 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

I’m gonna go with PG winning their first football SC... I’ll say by 14

The only edge I give to WOS here is their experience in playing in the state title game. This is not the same WOS we have seen in the finals the last couple times... i just don’t think their offense will be good enough to beat PG in this game. 

Boy if had a nickel for everytime I've that statement this year I could retire

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

I noticed the PG defensive front is extremely aggressive.  Qb draws and screens can hurt them.  I look for the WOS qb to have a big night on the ground

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m not just talking about the fastest couple.  Team speed.  This will be the fastest TEAM that PG has faced.  

I havent seen Atlanta so I can’t comment, but WOS is fast all over

Yeah,  Atlanta is extremely fast all across the field. Won state in track last year and probably will this year. Couldn't even notice the speed difference because PG plays so disciplined they never got a chance to use it.