Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

31 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I haven’t seen West Orange Stark in person I must admit, but I’m almost certain that Atlanta and Arkansas hi would be faster or as fast

I have not seen WOS this year. But last year, their 11 on defense compared to Atlanta’s 11 on defense this year would not be a contest. 

It's amusing seeing all the "we're great" post, from both sides.  I'm of the opinion just about any team in the SC could be considered great. You look at a team's schedule and the first thing that jumps out is 15-0, you're looking at a great team.  I haven't seen either team play, but I can say with 98% certainty, this will be a great game.  I think the game will be low scoring (compared to boths other victories), so I'd put the over/under at 43.  I do think this will possibly be the premier matchup in all the SC games.  I live 30 miles from Orange, so call me a homer, but I pick the Stangs.  

Btw, if PG wasn't playing a SE Tx school, I'd be pulling for them to win that first SC.  And if PG does win, that's my consolation, and I'll be happy for the Hawks, their fans, and the whole community.  

On 12/16/2017 at 12:19 PM, 1utexfan said:

Name a team WOS has faced this year that has 300+ lb athletic linemen on both sides of the ball. That doesn't happen at the 4A level very often.  Win or lose WOS will feel the pounding that the PG defense and offense lines put on them for days to come.  

I'm guessing "athletic" is a relative term...

On 12/16/2017 at 3:12 PM, Eagle8 said:

At first I thought you were just trash talking to get a rise but now I see you actually beleive PG isn't a threat at all. Lol boy, oh boy, you're in for a big surprise. I can understand how winning back to back titles can make you feel like your boys are invincible.....I been there, but the mighty, can and often do, fall. WO-S is a dang good program and has a pretty dad gum good football team.....but if you think for a second that PG will be any sort of a pushover,  you sir are sadly mistaken. PG fans are doing a lot of chest beating so i could understand your skepticism, but from a nuetral fan's perspective, it comes with good reason. They are an extremely talented football team with drive and motivation. Gonna be a much different squad than you're expecting to see.

I don't think anyone from WOS is doubting the capability of PG. I think we are astounded to hear that some of the folks on this site think the game is already won... THAT is a big mistake. We are NOT Graham. I told one of our crew the other day you have to be careful predicting games based on how teams perform when they are in R1 or R4. Those regions don't usually play the brand of football, nor do they see the athleticism, week in and week out that R2 and R3 do... But we are R3, so careful with the chest bumping.

Someone mentioned our loss to Gilmer in 2014. That was one of the most prolific offenses in the history of Texas football. We were ridiculous under dogs going into that game and were 1 ridiculous penalty away from being up at the half of that game 32-7. Yes we lost, Gilmer was a great team and we couldn't handle the the big stage... But there were more than a few of you on this site and on Gilmers side that had a few doo doo squirts in their pants after that first half.

Anyway, should be a great game. Safe travels and prepare for war. It will be one.

23 hours ago, Buckeyebaseball21 said:

I Think this will be a good game WOS obviously have been a powerhouse and They haven' seen a Front 7 like Pleasant Groves this year but I'm rooting for PG and hope they bring that trophy back..

If this is true, how are they giving up 16 points a game?

Just now, Gasilla said:

If this is true, how are they giving up 16 points a game?

Because they didn't play a powder puff non-district schedule nor do they have a weak district. I've seen a lot of good defenses come out of east Texas over the years.....I do believe PG's front 7 are one of the best I've seen in a very long time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yep all WOS needs to do is load the box and stop the run and they beat pg! PG has 0 passing ability! Still WOS will not stop run. With 11 in the box they still won't stop the run! 

Oh man, this is awesome BB material.

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Go to YouTube and watch them vs Gilmer.  Lacked accuracy that game.  Completion % doesn’t always equal accuracy.  There were a few completions that would’ve been TD if not underthrown badly.  Then the interceptions.  They were poorly thrown.  In that offense the passing game isn’t the key it’s getting chunk yardage on first down.  WOS will be the fastest team they’ve played to date and will know the PG tendencies.  

And to build on your point... There's a huge difference between success passing when you are having success with the run and success passing when the run isn't working. Not sure that PG has faced the latter situation this year. It's no secret, there is plenty of film on how WOS plays the Wing T. We WILL put 11 close to the LOS. We WILL take away the run and force you to beat us thru the air. We believe we have the athletes to cover you man up. We're going to force you into uncomfortable situations and keep you behind the chains. We WANT you to throw the ball because it's not "what you do". Our kids don't do their job every play and sometimes they'll get caught looking in the backfield and will give up a big play here and there, but we will, eventually, get that pick at a crucial time that will turn the game. 

3 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

And to build on your point... There's a huge difference between success passing when you are having success with the run and success passing when the run isn't working. Not sure that PG has faced the latter situation this year. It's no secret, there is plenty of film on how WOS plays the Wing T. We WILL put 11 close to the LOS. We WILL take away the run and force you to beat us thru the air. We believe we have the athletes to cover you man up. We're going to force you into uncomfortable situations and keep you behind the chains. We WANT you to throw the ball because it's not "what you do". Our kids don't do their job every play and sometimes they'll get caught looking in the backfield and will give up a big play here and there, but we will, eventually, get that pick at a crucial time that will turn the game. 

😂😂😂

sounds like nobody believes we can throw it when we “have to”. I’d be willing to bet Ben throws at least one TD maybe more 

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Like the thread on that other site?? Pot/kettle. 

Oh what's the matter BG, you get booted from "that other site"? That why you're sucking up to these East Texans? Nothing wrong with the homerism, it's only natural...

• LOL! 1

WOS has a great D PG has a great D. That's not arguable. This will certainly be the biggest test for the Hawks! Likewise for WOS! I'm not going to make any outrageous predictions. 

I will predict that PG is going to shock WOS with how good they are. They will not care what the past is they are not going to be star struck! The pressure is on WOS! The Grove are now at this time in your face get ready to deal with it. They will certainly be ready to deal with WOS! Going to be a slugfest awesome ball game!

52 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Because they didn't play a powder puff non-district schedule nor do they have a weak district. I've seen a lot of good defenses come out of east Texas over the years.....I do believe PG's front 7 are one of the best I've seen in a very long time. 

Kennedale= weak????? We have a weak schedule but have the marquee win on either schedule... Whatever you say, dude.

11 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Kennedale= weak????? We have a weak schedule but have the marquee win on either schedule... Whatever you say, dude.

Umm... your comprehension skills are weak apparently....I didn't say y'all had a weak sked. I didn't even say anything about y'all period. It was all pertaining to PG. Y'all full of yourselves I guess. Literally tried to make that about y'all and it had nothing to do with y'all lmao. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

WOS has a great D PG has a great D. That's not arguable. This will certainly be the biggest test for the Hawks! Likewise for WOS! I'm not going to make any outrageous predictions. 

I will predict that PG is going to shock WOS with how good they are. They will not care what the past is they are not going to be star struck! The pressure is on WOS! The Grove are now at this time in your face get ready to deal with it. They will certainly be ready to deal with WOS! Going to be a slugfest awesome ball game!

Good post, except PG shocking WOS with how good they are.  May shock a few WOS fans, but I can assure you, coach Thompson has the Mustangs thinking PG could beat Allen.  100% agree on slugfest awesome ball game.  

My prediction, and it's just a WAG:  WOS 24  PG 21.  Good luck to both - and NO injuries. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Oh what's the matter BG, you get booted from "that other site"? That why you're sucking up to these East Texans? Nothing wrong with the homerism, it's only natural...

Booted? Lmao! I left it cause of the 2 idiots that seem to dictate on there. Get your information correct.