Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

42 minutes ago, Stangx2 said:

I think we have done pretty well...best winning percentage in history of Texas high school football with a handful more games to qualify. You will be qualified to have an opinion on that when PG develops a legacy. 

The last thing on our mind is creating a legacy. I know that when Gibson came, he changed the program forever, got rid of a lot of dead weight, and I believe that he has changed the program for the better, forever.  He has helped change our school and community. I believe our legacy started 4 years ago and will continue well after this game.

45 minutes ago, Stangx2 said:

I think we have done pretty well...best winning percentage in history of Texas high school football with a handful more games to qualify. You will be qualified to have an opinion on that when PG develops a legacy. 

Playing in that #### region is bound to produce a bunch of wins if you’re a more than decent team. 

1 hour ago, Stangx2 said:

Actually birth gives everyone the qualifications for an opinion.

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

When WOS lost 19 seniors, 18 of them starters, off a team that had been to 3 straight title games, and back to back champions, do you think most thought they’d be back unbeaten looking for a 3 peat?

And unless something drastic happens, most of those Stangs will probably be in the SC game again next year.

2 hours ago, PGDad said:

The last thing on our mind is creating a legacy. I know that when Gibson came, he changed the program forever, got rid of a lot of dead weight, and I believe that he has changed the program for the better, forever.  He has helped change our school and community. I believe our legacy started 4 years ago and will continue well after this game.

The great coaches will always transform a team and community participation as well. PG will be good for many years to follow.

3 hours ago, 1utexfan said:

There will never be a team like the 83 Tigers. Had a killer defense and offense. Never seen anything like it. I was laying 40 points through the playoffs and still won...

That team would have beaten Permian, Midland Lee, Plano, or Judson that year.  You had the equivalent of a super loaded 5A team playing 3A ball.  Idk if they were the best ever in this state but are at the top of the conversation imo.  

Just now, TxHoops said:

That team would have beaten Permian, Midland Lee, Plano, or Judson that year.  You had the equivalent of a super loaded 5A team playing 3A ball.  Idk if they were the best ever in this state but are at the top of the conversation imo.  

Would have loved to see 85 Yates vs 83 Daingerfield. 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They wouldn’t even have beaten 4A Bay City that year. Just my opinion. Bay City had the best defense in 4A that year and played a much tougher schedule.

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

LOL You know that moment when you feel like an ***? Don't worry Chuck ive missed on some research. However you know you were shocked when you saw the grove was leading that little stat.

Ummm...  using those numbers PG’s opponents have a 54% winning percentage vs WOS’ with 58%.  I’m not seeing your point.  You do realize we didn’t play two games because of Hurricane Harvey?  You can’t just look at raw stats comparing a 13 game season vs a 15 game season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WOS87 said:

I did get to see 85 WOS vs 85 Yates. We were winning with 6 minutes left in the game but alas couldn’t hold on. 

83' Daingerfield gave up 8 points the entire season. 6 on a pick 6 (extra point blocked), and 2 on a snap over the punter's head into the end zone. They allowed an average of 1 foot per play for the season. 85' Yates or Stark would have needed 300 plays of offense to go 100 yards. BTW, their secondary was state champs in the 4X100. 

57 minutes ago, WOS87 said:

They wouldn’t even have beaten 4A Bay City that year. Just my opinion. Bay City had the best defense in 4A that year and played a much tougher schedule.

I saw Daingerfield a few times that season, living in East Texas.  My dad is a West Texas guy so we drove to see the Lee-Plano game in the then new Ratliff Stadium.  Lee was extremely impressive, but that Daingerfield team was phenomenal.   Absolutely stacked.  I’m not sure how anyone could claim the Tigers didn’t have the best defense that year.  That was undoubtedly one of the best defenses of all time.  The numbers don’t lie. 

(As an aside:  that Lee team featured a little speedster by the name of Tyrone Thurman.  If he wasn’t still with us, I would have sworn KJ Miller of last year’s WOS team was Tyrone reincarnated....) 

• Like 1