Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

5 minutes ago, CardinalsRedRed said:

Where can I watch this game live without going to AT&T? I won’t be able to attend this game like I did vs Graham but I want to watch and cheer on PG.

All State Championship Games are being televised on FSSW....Fox Sports Southwest Direct TV channel 676.........

7 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

LOL You know that moment when you feel like an ***? Don't worry Chuck ive missed on some research. However you know you were shocked when you saw the grove was leading that little stat.

not disputing the facts but wow it  means your opponents played about 40 more games than ours, pretty big differential.

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I saw Daingerfield a few times that season, living in East Texas.  My dad is a West Texas guy so we drove to see the Lee-Plano game in the then new Ratliff Stadium.  Lee was extremely impressive, but that Daingerfield team was phenomenal.   Absolutely stacked.  I’m not sure how anyone could claim the Tigers didn’t have the best defense that year.  That was undoubtedly one of the best defenses of all time.  The numbers don’t lie. 

(As an aside:  that Lee team featured a little speedster by the name of Tyrone Thurman.  If he wasn’t still with us, I would have sworn KJ Miller of last year’s WOS team was Tyrone reincarnated....) 

Agreed Daingerfield that year was the best D. the Navasota team from a few years back was exceptional as well.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dang dude..

Sorry, my friend. Just responding to someone saying WOS would be beaten because of being complacent. That is one thing our coaches do not allow. we would not be were we are if they did. I really didnt mean to rip you guys. Just saying how can you say that when you haven't been there. My apologies.

8 hours ago, dean1345 said:

The great coaches will always transform a team and community participation as well. PG will be good for many years to follow.

Agreed, problem is after they leave. We have been blessed to have our Coach for every year of our schools inception (1977) except for one. Many coaches use the lower levels as a stepping stone. I can tell you IMO opinion we wont be the same when Coach T retires. Ours starts with Pop Warner, we run the same offense and defense our high school uses. Continuity is the key.

8 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Isn't that a daily occurrence for you right. I am sure you are used to it by now comes second nature. 

Man you have some kind of weird obsession with me!  I better  not catch you trying to look In my windows at night watching my kids!   the fact is you and others on here do not like facts! I'm just trying to point out the obvious and to try and make it as simple as possible but clearly That's way over your head!

11 hours ago, CardinalsRedRed said:

Where can I watch this game live without going to AT&T? I won’t be able to attend this game like I did vs Graham but I want to watch and cheer on PG.

Dish Channel 412 on one of the many, but says Fox Sports SW.

8 hours ago, Stangx2 said:

Sorry, my friend. Just responding to someone saying WOS would be beaten because of being complacent. That is one thing our coaches do not allow. we would not be were we are if they did. I really didnt mean to rip you guys. Just saying how can you say that when you haven't been there. My apologies.

It’ll be alright, we’re happy to have visitors to SDC every year, especially during the playoffs.

Here's my two cents on this deal.

PG plays the type of ball that will give them a chance to win the game. They are very physical up front and will be MUCH larger up front than WOS. I hate the style of offense they play, but they are about as good at running it as anyone. The tempo in which they break the huddle, line up, and motion gives defenses problems when aligning. Proper alignment for WOS will be huge. Coach Thompson will surely have that defense prepared. There's not much that dude hasn't seen or prepared for over the years. PG's QB is, without question, the best QB in that area next to the dude from Carthage. You don't realize it because of the offense they run, but the kid can spin it as good as anyone. They also have 3 kids that can carry the ball that are as good as any. Defensively, PG has a very talented front seven. Secondary can be suspect at times. They locked down Graham, but that was more of an athlete issue on Grahams part than great secondary play by PG. 

On the WOS side, They are going to RUN the ball right at that front seven and make PG like it. QB is a baller, but cannot spin it very well. Very good up front on the offensive line. Extremely physical and aggressive. That WOS defense is as good as you will see in any of these games this weekend. They are not as large as they have been the past couple seasons, but very fast. It will certainly be the best defense PG has seen all year. It will also be the most speed on defense PG has seen all year and that is saying something knowing some of the teams they have played. PG is not going to be able to get the edge on these cats. WOS is going to make them bang it in between the tackles, which is exactly what they want. 

Honestly, I don't see very many points being scored in this game. It may end up being a very short game due to all the running by both offenses. I feel that which ever defense wears down towards the end of the contest will determine the games outcome. Also, which ever team loses the turnover margin WILL lose the game. This really looks like it is going to be the best game out of all the twelve title games this weekend. Enjoy

3 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

Here's my two cents on this deal.

PG plays the type of ball that will give them a chance to win the game. They are very physical up front and will be MUCH larger up front than WOS. I hate the style of offense they play, but they are about as good at running it as anyone. The tempo in which they break the huddle, line up, and motion gives defenses problems when aligning. Proper alignment for WOS will be huge. Coach Thompson will surely have that defense prepared. There's not much that dude hasn't seen or prepared for over the years. PG's QB is, without question, the best QB in that area next to the dude from Carthage. You don't realize it because of the offense they run, but the kid can spin it as good as anyone. They also have 3 kids that can carry the ball that are as good as any. Defensively, PG has a very talented front seven. Secondary can be suspect at times. They locked down Graham, but that was more of an athlete issue on Grahams part than great secondary play by PG. 

On the WOS side, They are going to RUN the ball right at that front seven and make PG like it. QB is a baller, but cannot spin it very well. Very good up front on the offensive line. Extremely physical and aggressive. That WOS defense is as good as you will see in any of these games this weekend. They are not as large as they have been the past couple seasons, but very fast. It will certainly be the best defense PG has seen all year. It will also be the most speed on defense PG has seen all year and that is saying something knowing some of the teams they have played. PG is not going to be able to get the edge on these cats. WOS is going to make them bang it in between the tackles, which is exactly what they want. 

Honestly, I don't see very many points being scored in this game. It may end up being a very short game due to all the running by both offenses. I feel that which ever defense wears down towards the end of the contest will determine the games outcome. Also, which ever team loses the turnover margin WILL lose the game. This really looks like it is going to be the best game out of all the twelve title games this weekend. Enjoy

I agree with everything you said except the part about PG not being able to get he edges. They will get them one way or the other. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I agree with everything you said except the part about PG not being able to get he edges. They will get them one way or the other. 

Size and strength will never beat speed to the edge.  WOS will be the much faster team.  

You negate speed by running right at it.  If PG keeps trying to set the edge They will stay way behind the chains

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Size and strength will never beat speed to the edge.  WOS will be the much faster team.  

I don't know how many times I've said the exact same thing, but PG is fast to the edges. You think there is no way they will get there and then you see their backsides as you're chasing them down the field. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

I don't know how many times I've said the exact same thing, but PG is fast to the edges. You think there is no way they will get there and then you see their backsides as you're chasing them down the field. 

Roberts and Garrett can get the edges on them. Just ask Golf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

I think what you’re seeing is their misdirection plays.  In all the different videos I saw of them most of their big plays they busted were on misdirection.  It’s design gets the defense flowing one way.  Then when they break free your not going to catch it.  It’s a good design.  

Going back to earlier posts claiming Atlanta as a faster team than WOS.  That may be true on a track.  There’s track speed and there’s football speed.  Most folks would agree with that.  I’ve seen WOS live a couple times through the years, it’s really impressive the football team speed they have.  This year seems no different.  

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

They haven't played anyone that is 1) this good on defense 2) this fast 3) as well coached 

Coach Thompson has been defending this offense since Josh Gibson has been alive...