Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

10 minutes ago, goldenstick said:

So Pleasant Grove is bigger? They are stronger?  Better coached and preparation?  They are two dimensional on offense?  And have one of the best defenses in the State?

Sounds like a pretty challenging matchup for the Mighty Mustangs.   I still think they will rise to the occasion

I think many of those things are true.  I don't believe they are better coached, that's total homerism.  That said, even if they are bigger, two dimensional and have one of the best defenses, they still have a major challenge ahead of them.

Both sides on here talking like theres no chance the other team wins.  We all know good and well that this will be a close game of two very good defenses.

Some people just get carried away.  Then they are the same ones who get on here and say "A win is a win" after predicting a 4 TD blowout.

9 minutes ago, Bull82 said:

I'll take PG  45-17

I have to chuckle a bit at score predictions like this, even if I am an East Texas homer.  I think you could probably count on one hand (maybe a couple of other fingers, not sure) in Coach T's tenure at WO-S the times a team has scored that many against them.

I'd be shocked if either team gives up more than 35.  This game will likely be in the 20s or lower.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PostMan101 said:

This thread is outrageous to say the least.  Been around sports my whole life, traveled the Great state of Texas watching many teams reach their milestone of being State Champions.  I have to say if I was a betting man I would put my money on WOS! #1 they have a winning tradition unlike PG until this year! #2 Coach Cornell Thompson IMO is the best Coach in the State. #3 speed in every position #4 their lateral pursuit on defense is unbelievable #5 WOS QB is dangerous for any defense #6 WOS special teams will kill you with BIG plays. I agree with most sportswriters that this will be a defensive game with the advantage going to WOS.. Sorry PG just telling it like it is!

1. Winning tradition doesn't mean jack ####. 

2. Doubt that...maybe the oldest and too "old school" and "good ol boy" for me.

3. Nah, our linemen are way faster.

4. Their Defense looks like our practice squad. You will see unbelievable when you see our starters 

5. Not dangerous to any defense, he's looks kinda slow and confused at times.

6. No...they will just kneel it if they are smart.

Sportswriters! lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 hours ago, Stangx2 said:

Agreed, problem is after they leave. We have been blessed to have our Coach for every year of our schools inception (1977) except for one. Many coaches use the lower levels as a stepping stone. I can tell you IMO opinion we wont be the same when Coach T retires. Ours starts with Pop Warner, we run the same offense and defense our high school uses. Continuity is the key.

You are absolutely right. Navasota had Coach Fedora from 2008 to 2015. When he left our program spiraled fast.

2 hours ago, Caloosa9955 said:

The other thing everyone needs to look at is how WOS played Kennedale. Kennedale runs a very similar offense and has ALOT better kids than PG. Not taking anything away from PG, but if Kennedale can't score more than 21 on that defense.... PG won't either. Better play great defense and cause some turnovers. This game is not going to be about either offense. Big boy football...Defense is going to win this one

To say that Kennedale has A LOT better kids than PG in a gross misunderstanding of what PG brings to the table. PG has 4 RBs that can take it to the house. PG runs this offense better than Kennedale and can throw the ball WAY better than Kennedale. 

All the wos folks wanna keep running to the Kennedale game as their hope for winning this one, but seem to have forgotten the facts:

Kennedale had 4 turnovers, 2 of which were inside their own 20 and led to wos points(10).

Kennedale had a terrible personal foul penalty with under 2 minutes remaining that took them from the wos 48 back to their own 37.

Kennedale outgained wos 337 to 160.

wos QB was 5 for 15 for 27 yards passing

There are a lot of folks from East Texas that have seen both Carthage and PG play that feel like it would be a VERY close game, and unless the fan is from Carthage, most feel like PG would have a great chance of coming out on top in that matchup. Most people across the state feel like Carthage will beat Kennedale by 7+ points. What does all this mean? 

SQUAT! But for all of the wos folks to keep touting the Kennedale game as to why they will beat PG also means squat. I can assure you that PG will throw the ball way more than Kennedale, and do it very effectively. I can assure you that if wos's LBs and secondary are cheating outside to stop the speed sweep, PG's receiver will run right past them for an easy 6 on the play action. 

As far as PG needing to use deception to create big plays, whoever said that is an Einstein! PG's offense is built around deception. What makes it so difficult to defend is that they rush to the ball and do not allow the defense to get settled, then when they snap the ball they have 4 different people who may or may not have it. 

I can't wait to see this game play out and also to see all the crow that the 40-0 stark fans will have to eat when they get beat by a nobody program like PG. 

16 minutes ago, PGDad said:

4. Their Defense looks like our practice squad. You will see unbelievable when you see our starters 

Sportswriters! lol 

Where is that popcorn eating  emoji when you need it.

12 hours ago, Stangx2 said:

Agreed Daingerfield that year was the best D. the Navasota team from a few years back was exceptional as well.

Navasota 2012 team beat Gilmer 39-3 in the State Championship Game. That same year I believe WOS "Chain Gang" was ranked #1 on defense.

27 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Sportswriters! lol 

This is what I was referring too.  Homerism at its finest! Class less act right here! This is a typical response from those who have no clue

1 minute ago, PostMan101 said:

This is what I was referring too.  Homerism at its finest! Class less act right here! This is a typical response from those who have no clue

How is it any different than any of that junk most of WOS posters are posting?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

I’m PG dads defense, not a single one of us knows what’s going to happen. We know what we would like to see happen. These two teams haven’t seen the other yet this season. We’ve seen the offense and defense that WOS runs and I know they have seen what we run. It’s about the execution vs the competition standing across from you that will decide the game. Who will “want it more”. Yep equal teams playing for something that EVERY high school football player in Texas wants....a state championship. 

• Like 2