Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

5 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

This is what I was referring too.  Homerism at its finest! Class less act right here! This is a typical response from those who have no clue

Oh please!!!! If you hadn't just joined 2 hrs ago you might realize that there are a lot of pots calling kettles black. Don't jump on the hypocritical bandwagon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

How is it any different than any of that junk most of WOS posters are posting?

They are not quoting me only the PG fans. I could care less on the outcome I'm more focused on the 5A games but you people in east Texas needs to get a grip. I doubt there is enough crow to go around for all of you if y'all lose. I just want to see a great game that's injury free. Some of these dads need to chill and let it play out on the field instead of bashing those who don't have the same opinion as you. good luck come fridayFriday 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Oh please!!!! If you hadn't just joined 2 hrs ago you might realize that there are a lot of pots calling kettles black. Don't jump on the hypocritical bandwagon!

I never post on here. Mainly because of what I have seen. It's better that way. Carry on!

4 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

They are not quoting me only the PG fans. I could care less on the outcome I'm more focused on the 5A games but you people in east Texas needs to get a grip. I doubt there is enough crow to go around for all of you if y'all lose. I just want to see a great game that's injury free. Some of these dads need to chill and let it play out on the field instead of bashing those who don't have the same opinion as you. good luck come fridayFriday 

How much less could you care?

Or maybe couldn't...

I think CluckLegacy is an example of WOS fanatic at it's finest.

Edited by futfan

16 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

This is what I was referring too.  Homerism at its finest! Class less act right here! This is a typical response from those who have no clue

I'm sorry your first post sucked and was easily dismantled. Everybody on here knows that I am anything but typical, take your inexperienced, newbie #### somewhere else. Just because you spout off some bullish doesn't mean I can't counter with my own bullish. I see you were typing with frustration...it's always good to proofread your posts before you hit submit. I know you are new to this but we will try to help you as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

I never post on here. Mainly because of what I have seen. It's better that way. Carry on!

Well then you've already ruined your streak. I will definitely carry on, but I don't need your permission to do so. I'm not a newbie who comes on here and plays all hypocrite and then runs off, not to be seen until next playoffs come around. If you or others don't like what you read, then you have the freedom to not post, move on or join in, but posting always comes with risks. If you are afraid, that's understandable!

8 minutes ago, futfan said:

How much less could you care?

Or maybe couldn't...

I think CluckLegacy is an example of WOS fanatic at it's finest.

I actually know the guys family and his father was a legendary coach in the 60s and 70s. He has always been a fan of Weat Orange  Chiefs and after combining Stark to West Orange Stark Mustangs. His post may seem over the top to PG fans and the rest of you but we could say the same about PG dad and the rest of you. Nothing wrong with supporting your team. Both sides wants the win and that's understandable but to bash someone for their opinion is way over the top. 

• Like 1

Just now, Golfingnut said:

Well then you've already ruined your streak. I will definitely carry on, but I don't need your permission to do so. I'm not a newbie who comes on here and plays all hypocrite and then runs off, not to be seen until next playoffs come around. If you or others don't like what you read, then you have the freedom to not post, move on or join in, but posting always comes with risks. If you are afraid, that's understandable!

You really need to stop being so childish!  Do you even have a horse in this race cause you sure are talking a lot of smack!

2 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

I actually know the guys family and his father was a legendary coach in the 60s and 70s. He has always been a fan of Weat Orange  Chiefs and after combining Stark to West Orange Stark Mustangs. His post may seem over the top to PG fans and the rest of you but we could say the same about PG dad and the rest of you. Nothing wrong with supporting your team. Both sides wants the win and that's understandable but to bash someone for their opinion is way over the top. 

Yet, that's exactly what you did! I'm pretty sure chuckie can fend for himself. He's pretty good at starting stuff and holding his own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

You really need to stop being so childish!  Do you even have a horse in this race cause you sure are talking a lot of smack!

That's interesting since I don't think I was talking about the game. You really need to read the whole thread before you post.

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

I wouldn't put very much stock in what happened in that game.  You would have to understand the history between the two teams.  Pleasant Grove came into that game IN Gilmer, one of the toughest places to get a win in all of Texas, and beat them for the first time since 2001.  It was a HUGE win for their program.  How they got it done doesn't really matter.  They got it done.  Sometimes a game like that against a perennial powerhouse team can get another team rolling, especially considering the history.  Pleasant Grove didn't have their best game against them at all, and I think Gilmer probably played their best game of the year on the offensive side of the ball.

Just look at what the Hawks have done since.  That speaks volumes as to how they've built on that success.  They have a beast of a team.

By the same token, I will give WO-S their due.  The only thing that keeps me from saying that PG will win this game with certainty is the experience factor.  This is the Mustangs 4th straight trip to Jerry's World, and the nervous jitters of being there won't be nearly as much of a factor for them.  Coach T, and his staff, have also been together forever and know how to prepare their team, make in-game adjustments, and can get their kids settled down and focused.  That's a definite advantage in my book, but it isn't automatic.

I am impressed with what Coach Gibson has done thus far at PG.  He has put together a VERY good staff, and has gotten settled in with what works best with the athletes he has at his disposal.  This is the biggest, fastest, and most skilled set of athletes I have personally seen at PG since I've known about them.  They are also very physical, and have a championship swagger.  They have the attitude and confidence that they can beat anybody (I know this to be true with WO-S as well), and with all the other factors mentioned, along with having seen the Hawks play firsthand, I'm inclined to believe the Hawks will get it done.

This is most definitely the two best teams in 4A-D2 without a doubt.  For me, this is the most intriguing match up of championship week.  If PG plays to their full capability, I honestly think they can win this one without a doubt, and I do know what WO-S is capable of.  I'm no stranger to either team.

Good luck to the Hawks.  This Buckeye is pulling for y'all.  Make no bones about it.  You will have to TAKE IT!

I wasn’t very impressed with Gilmer this year.  Seemed like they didn’t have the athletes they’ve had in the past.  Solid team but not what they have been.  Yes it was a good win, I’m not taking anything away from PG.  was just using it really for a speed comparison. Wos will be so much faster than what Gilmer was as a whole.  That’s why I think they will have more success against PG stretching them to the sideline and not letting PG setting the edge.  

15 minutes ago, PostMan101 said:

Just look in the upper right hand of the post and you will see it's PGDad. I'm here to help! 

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I wasn’t very impressed with Gilmer this year.  Seemed like they didn’t have the athletes they’ve had in the past.  Solid team but not what they have been.  Yes it was a good win, I’m not taking anything away from PG.  was just using it really for a speed comparison. Wos will be so much faster than what Gilmer was as a whole.  That’s why I think they will have more success against PG stretching them to the sideline and not letting PG setting the edge.  

LMAO Literally!:lol: