Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

7 minutes ago, steernation said:

Surprised there hasn’t been a little more talk about the PG front 7. Those boys are big and stout.  I think they will be the key to this game. 

PG-21

WOS-17

Gosh steer nation, we have tried, but we get called names every time we say anything positive about the Hawks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

Gosh steer nation, we have tried, but we get called names every time we say anything positive about the Hawks. 

HAHA! I could honestly see either team winning this game, but rooting for PG since they took us down. Going to be a defensive slugfest and I can wait to watch it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, All4One said:

WOS always respect their opponents and I know the game has to be played,also I know it will be a very good game    ,but all I ask is for everone to check the(WOS) record against this type of Offense#41

People keep saying that, but it means nothing. Check Mike Tyson's record against fighters that fought like Buster Douglas. 

5 minutes ago, All4One said:

WOS always respect their opponents and I know the game has to be played,also I know it will be a very good game    ,but all I ask is for everone to check the(WOS) record against this type of Offense#41

What ya'll fail to understand is that WOS has never played against this type of offense. PG runs the Wing-T, but it's more of a modified Wing-T that is way different than anything anybody else is running. Same with our defense. You can't read our defense because it's so deceptive.

2 minutes ago, PGDad said:

What ya'll fail to understand is that WOS has never played against this type of offense. PG runs the Wing-T, but it's more of a modified Wing-T that is way different than anything anybody else is running. Same with our defense. You can't read our defense because it's so deceptive.

you sound  like a broken record with this special wing T,  are you sure its not chicken wing

1 minute ago, All4One said:

Hard for them to take that as gospel. You see, almost every team they have faced in the playoffs has said how good the are against the Wing-T. So far it hasn't proven to make a difference.

i know all the WOS fans think the PG fans are talking nonsense. They think PG has no ideal what they are up against. Look, they have heard it from people all year. PGDad has been talking State Championship since before the season started. We all laughed because it didn't matter how good they are, there was this giant called Gilmer in their way. I know WOS thinks PG will have inexperience and jitters on their side, but when you haven't beaten a team in 16 years, but yet you go into that game with confidence and poise, I can promise you, although the Hawks have a great amount of respect for WOS, they are far from being awed by their records. PGDad call it "a mission". WOS can call it arrogance, delusion or just plain stupidity, but PG won't be deterred. Yes, they have been on a quest and until that final gun goes off they will be focused on the job at hand. Mission might be the right word.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PGDad said:

What ya'll fail to realize is that it's ALL  based on the same concepts....Ever Coach likes to thinks they have put a different spin on it............ C'mon Mann

10 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Mr. chicken wing, wing T, slot T where are you!

chicken wing gif.jpg

2 minutes ago, All4One said:

What ya'll fail to realize is that it's ALL  based on the same concepts....Ever Coach likes to thinks they have put a different spin on it............ C'mon Mann

7 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

yeah football and boxing have a lot in common

I'll spell it out for ya since you're struggling to draw your own conclusions to what I said in the boxing reference.

It doesn't matter how well a team has played against a particular style of offense or how long someone has coached against that style of offense. The individual battles will be what determines whether or not it will be successful. Your coach can have you in the right spot all night long, but it makes no difference when you're losing your individual battle.

2 minutes ago, CF21 said:

I'll spell it out for ya since you're struggling to draw your own conclusions to what I said in the boxing reference.

It doesn't matter how well a team has played against a particular style of offense or how long someone has coached against that style of offense. The individual battles will be what determines whether or not it will be successful. Your coach can have you in the right spot all night long, but it makes no difference when you're losing your indvidual battle.

#40 Battles in row  WOS day is coming, but it wont be this battle #41

5 hours ago, Caloosa9955 said:

The other thing everyone needs to look at is how WOS played Kennedale. Kennedale runs a very similar offense and has ALOT better kids than PG. Not taking anything away from PG, but if Kennedale can't score more than 21 on that defense.... PG won't either. Better play great defense and cause some turnovers. This game is not going to be about either offense. Big boy football...Defense is going to win this one

Sat about 4 seats down from a Kennedale fan at the Star last Thursday he came out to watch the Grove VS Graham game. In the third qtr he got up and said he had seen enough and said yall are winning state to some grove fans in front of him. I told him "Not so fast" we still have to play wimberly or WOS. He responded "WOS will beat Wimberly yall will be playing WOS "I have seen WOS when they played us. They are not beating yall. Yall are to fast. even for WOS. Now I really didn't put a lot of stock in it. He then came over and shook hands with the Grove fans all around him saying "yall got state book it" 

Just a thought.