Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

19 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

That's another thing that amazes me.  How can they retain the coaching staff when they continue to produce like that.  Coaches rarely leave.  Usually, when a school starts having success they start losing their best coaches to other, better paying positions.  That has happened at Gilmer, and is one of the big reasons that the Buckeyes have lost some of the continuity they've had over the past couple of decades.  We will likely get it back but it may take some time.  We've lost a ton of coaches off of our staff.

Agreed. Losing as many coaches as Gilmer has plays a big difference as well as coaching styles. Traylor has a totally different presence on the field. I'm sure it's the same in practice. 

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

If you listen some people on this site, where you come from has no bearing on who you are. Legacy, tradition, heritage have nothing to do with the outcome.

Now, that's some funny $&%#, but wrong. 

41 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I remember it well. It was on page 7 & although I was clarifying what another poster said, I admit I took the first shot. Of course we could always go back and see how many shots you took at others in the first 7 pages. I think you outnumbered me significantly. 

No shots. Feel free to waste your time. 

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

For those who don't know, I think it's pretty amazing for a team to lose 19 starters from a state championship team, and STILL make it back to the title game.  No matter how this game goes, you absolutely have to respect that.  Personally, I didn't think they could do that knowing the Mustangs lost Jack Dallas, and nearly his entire starting cast.

I do think that PG can beat them, but they will definitely bring their A-Game on both sides of the ball.  The experience factor alone certainly can even up things if it is a tight game.

Yes, losing 19 and making it back says a lot for the players and the coaches that facilitate the program. Remember, there are still many on this team that were at the last 2 State finals, including Chaka Watson, who saw playing time in both games. This will be a tough game, but I go for WOS bringing it on in the 2nd half, and taking the win. 

37 minutes ago, Bull82 said:

You can't go on stats.  I'm just going by the caliber of teams PG has man handled vs the caliber of teams WOS has barely gotten by.

Well first of all the teams in the last three weeks that WOS barely got by as you say would give PG a run for their money. And WOS would be looking at another competitor besides PG

2 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Things are way more fun when Dayton is good, I always get in at least one playoff game of those guys. Strange yr this yr. 

Yeah were not used to playing basketball this time of year -  pulling for our SETX brothers WOS & Newton now ! ( it isn't the same without liltex though )

20 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Well first of all the teams in the last three weeks that WOS barely got by as you say would give PG a run for their money. And WOS would be looking at another competitor besides PG

The same could possibly be said for the last three teams that PG played.  

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I wonder if other schools start trying to pull from his staff……… 

I’m sure.  But he is the key and has been for years and years imo.  Even Dan Ray would tell you that Coach T is as responsible as anyone for all the success he enjoyed there before retirement.   Will be interesting to see what happens when Cornel does retire.  I have a feeling it’s going to be a rude awakening for some Mustang fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

This is my opinion. Nothing more. 

QB-Advantage WOS

RB-Advantage PG

WR-EVEN

OL-Advantage PG

DL Slight Advantage PG

LB-Advantage WOS

DB-Advantage WOS

Special teams-Advantage WOS

Coaching-Advantage WOS

Experience—-now don’t kill me, but I’m calling it even due to the Senior laden Hawk team.

I think that’s a pretty fair assessment all the way through.  And that’s even on your experience opinion - I don’t think it’s crazy at all.  Most of the Mustangs have been there but the math is pretty easy to figure out when you lose that many starters, WOS will be starting mostly new faces at Jerryworld this year. 

Just now, TxHoops said:

I’m sure.  But he is the key and has been for years and years imo.  Even Dan Ray would tell you that Coach T is as responsible as anyone for all the success he enjoyed there before retirement.   Will be interesting to see what happens when Cornel does retire.  I have a feeling it’s going to be a rude awakening for some Mustang fans. 

Well I been knowing for years there's a small group of folks who wish CT wasn't the HC, whenever he decides to hang it up I sure hope karma doesn't come calling for those individuals in the form of a bad hire. 

Just now, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Well I been knowing for years there's a small group of folks who wish CT wasn't the HC, whenever he decides to hang it up I sure hope karma doesn't come calling for those individuals in the form of a bad hire. 

Those people are idiots.  They wouldn’t know a football from a footstool if they are unhappy with their head coach. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, DRAGONSDEN72 said:

PG BY as much as they want!!! Solid team offensive and defensive!!!

So your saying the two-time defending champs aren't solid also? I don't believe we got to where we are by not being solid. I certainly hope that your players think the way you do, because they are going to be mightily surprised. It will be close game decided by turnovers and penalties. 

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I would be ecstatic for 4 straight trips to state, but thats just me. 

I have said for years that if Cornel coached at Memorial, there is no telling how many rings he would have.  The Titans actually have the talent most think the Mustangs have.  Don’t get me wrong, the Mustangs have very good kids who are talented.  But PAM is ridiculous.  College talent all over the field.  With the talent on defense they had this year, very few 5A teams would have been able to get the ball near the end zone.  And that’s the gospel. 

2 minutes ago, Stangx2 said:

Garrity, you were always against the Stangs on SETX and was NEVER right. I feel much better with you against us now.

That's incorrect, if I were to pick against them in any game (which happened at most twice per season) majority would get butthurt at the prediction. Is what it is. It's just like picking against Silsbee in any bball game, exact same thing. 

Btw: as far as playoffs is concerned--was right in 09, 10, 11, 12, 13.  I was wrong in 2014, right in 2015, wrong in 2016.