Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I have said for years that if Cornel coached at Memorial, there is no telling how many rings he would have.  The Titans actually have the talent most think the Mustangs have.  Don’t get me wrong, the Mustangs have very good kids who are talented.  But PAM is ridiculous.  College talent all over the field.  With the talent on defense they had this year, very few 5A teams would have been able to get the ball near the end zone.  And that’s the gospel. 

Our D will be better next season than this past season, its gonna be interesting with the 5A split how we fare. I hope wos and us can meet non-district, would be a good game IMO. 

1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

Well first of all the teams in the last three weeks that WOS barely got by as you say would give PG a run for their money. And WOS would be looking at another competitor besides PG

That's your opinion. Guess you think PG has not earned the right to be here. They beat and I mean "Beat" the teams they faced. They are the best team to compete against WOS. None of this #### translates into a win for either team. Why not talk about PG VS WOS instead. The stat and record talk is old. There are some great match ups in this game. Both teams stop the run well, both teams seem to have trouble at time defending the pass. For me it comes down to who has the better passing attack. PG is favored in the passing game. Not knocking WOS but from what I have seen they are not vey good at passing the football. This should be a dog fight! Possibly the most competitive game in all of the finals!

7 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Our D will be better next season than this past season, its gonna be interesting with the 5A split how we fare. I hope wos and us can meet non-district, would be a good game IMO. 

Maybe, but your 2018s were easily the best in the area - by a mile.   That class will be missed in all sports. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Maybe, but your 2018s were easily the best in the area - by a mile.   That class will be missed in all sports. 

Most definitely. Hope we can do something special on the court, haven't been to San Antonio in years, I need an excuse to go if you know what I mean. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, griff8585 said:

Follow you? Worrying about another man's hobby? LOL...no, just EXPOSING you. That's what this is, but it's in one ear and out the other. Keep pouting and making remarks about "those dictators" at "that other site". 

Carry on. I'm sure you'll have another 10,000 posts before I make my next one. 

They love him over here... he #### up to them and they think he's a "righteous dude" lol... wait til he gets cross with someone and he's off to another site making smug comments about them...

I had wondered what hole he crawled in. Well...

21 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

That's your opinion. Guess you think PG has not earned the right to be here. They beat and I mean "Beat" the teams they faced. They are the best team to compete against WOS. None of this #### translates into a win for either team. Why not talk about PG VS WOS instead. The stat and record talk is old. There are some great match ups in this game. Both teams stop the run well, both teams seem to have trouble at time defending the pass. For me it comes down to who has the better passing attack. PG is favored in the passing game. Not knocking WOS but from what I have seen they are not vey good at passing the football. This should be a dog fight! Possibly the most competitive game in all of the finals!

I was responding to one of your homies about WOS and his statement about them barely winning their games. Oh I forgot. It's ok to talk about WOS schedule but don't talk about PG's schedule. Smdh

• Like 1

Well, I've watched some game video and some highlights.

PG 38

WOS no more than 21, probably less.

Also,

What's up with this Chain Gang nickname? I don't get it. Doesn't a Chain Gang move the chains? Aren't defenses supposed to stop the chains from moving? We've been called the Blackhawk D, Black Plague D, Hawk Headhunters, Fat Boy Gang, etc Someone please explain...

WOS is going to have a hard time stopping our front 7 all game. The big boys up front don't get tired like ya'll are used to and as the game goes on, they will wear your O line out and cause too much trouble for yall to pull out the W. Our secondary should be fine, I dont think yall will make it to them very much anyways. I think size matters in this case, WOS doesn't have the size to keep up.

No doubt WOS is a good team and the test will come Friday. We are up to the task and then some. 

Just now, Gasilla said:

They love him over here... he #### up to them and they think he's a "righteous dude" lol... wait til he gets cross with someone and he's off to another sote making smug comments about them...

More lies. Cute. :lol::munch:

Just now, Gasilla said:

They love him over here... he #### up to them and they think he's a "righteous dude" lol... wait til he gets cross with someone and he's off to another sote making smug comments about them...

If he goes to another site to talk about us, why would we care? We don’t get our self worth from what some other guy or gal says about us on a high school sports forum.

If you don’t agree with me, that’s ok. We can agree to disagree. Who knows? we may find common ground somewhere else!

If someone wants to leave this site to go talk trash somewhere else, let em!

Just now, PGDad said:

PG 38

Also,

What's up with this Chain Gang nickname? I don't get it. Doesn't a Chain Gang move the chains? Aren't defenses supposed to stop the chains from moving? We've been called the Blackhawk D, Black Plague D, Hawk Headhunters, Fat Boy Gang, etc Someone please explain...

WOS is going to have a hard time stopping our front 7 all game. The big boys up front don't get tired like ya'll are used to and as the game goes on, they will wear your O line out and cause too much trouble for yall to pull out the W. Our secondary should be fine, I dont think yall will make it to them very much anyways. I think size matters in this case, WOS doesn't have the size to keep up.

No doubt WOS is a good team and the test will come Friday. We are up to the task and then some. 

I will be shocked if PG gets 38. Thats a bold prediction right there. 

11 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Wow... so you're- first name golfing, last name nut? Nice to meet you Mrs Nut.

Fake news, and if you had read my other post, you would have your answer. Unfortunately, you, like many, want to spread your own narrative by picking out what boost your agenda. Have fun with that.

16 minutes ago, PGDad said:

PG 38

Also,

You have completely lost your ever loving mind!losing mind.png

14 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Not a bad response, but lacking any depth and nothing that adds to the conversation or tries to further it.

8 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

You have completely lost your ever loving mind!

...and this. This right here is the reason this thread has gone so far off the rails. Absolutely nothing that adds to the conversation and actually hinders people's willingness to participate.

17 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

I was responding to one of your homies about WOS and his statement about them barely winning their games. Oh I forgot. It's ok to talk about WOS schedule but don't talk about PG's schedule. Smdh

Come on Chuck I know we have all talked some smack. And you certainly can talk about what you want. Let me ask you, what do you think WOS will have to do to beat PG? Because its certainly more than show up with the WOS on the helmet.

Just now, PGDad said:

Not a bad response, but lacking any depth and nothing that adds to the conversation or tries to further it.

...and this. This right here is the reason this thread has gone so far off the rails. Absolutely nothing that adds to the conversation and actually hinders people's willingness to participate.

I got it 24-21 PG. If PG puts up close to 40pts that would mean wos having serious mental breakdowns on defense, I have yet to see that all yr, all their problems have been on the offensive side of the ball. 

18 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

But...I will expand on my thought...

I know it's bold but from what I have watched, I don't think WOS has a counter for our offense. If I could rephrase my comment. I think it would be shocking if WOS holds PG to ONLY 38.

2 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I know it's bold but from what I have watched, I don't think WOS has a counter for our offense. If I could rephrase my comment. I think it would be shocking if WOS holds PG to ONLY 38.

Even I have to say PGDad, If the Hawks put up 38 ill go nuts! There is simply not any teams that put up that number against WOS. I can be wrong like I have been a lot this year with Melissa and Graham and Tatum and Aubrey,, well lets just say these Hawks are shocking me in a lot of games. I certainly did not see the 55-14 blowout over LE on LE's homecoming. Hawks need to hold WOS to 14 or less. Ill say PG 14-WOS 10.

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I got it 24-21 PG. If PG puts up close to 40pts that would mean wos having serious mental breakdowns on defense, I have yet to see that all yr, all their problems have been on the offensive side of the ball. 

100% agree. I think that is exactly what is going to happen. What has worked in the past against Wing-T teams will not work, so they change it up, still doesnt work, try something else, still doesnt work, frustration sets in and the scores stop happening. Same thing on WOS D. Our offense is next level, tricky, and mulit-dimensional. What has worked against many (40) other teams, won't work against the Hawks. I know they are a good team and I am not talking smack, I just don't think they are as good as us.

20 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I cant hardly wait for Friday to get here so I can look back at all these post from PG dad and Hawk888 or whatever and remind them of how insane their post are.  I mean you would think that PG got their offense straight from God! for crying out loud it a wing T special wing T blah blah blah. PG is making it easy for the Chain Gang Defense!