Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

Just now, PGDad said:

Really? That's why ya'll are called the Chain Gang?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOL Wow...that's  the suckiest nickname ever. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and you guys have several. Chain Gang holy #### lolololol

and the plague nickname is any better? give me a break.Care to name our weak links or is it top secret information only you possess?

6 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Really? That's why ya'll are called the Chain Gang?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOL Wow...that's  the suckiest nickname ever. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and you guys have several. Chain Gang holy #### lolololol

I am betting that you love the Fat boys nickname.

27 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Yeah, we do the same thing...WOS and PG have a lot in common. Difference is that ya'll are old school and on your way out.

Calling us old school and your running a formation from the 50s? I am glad your enjoying winning, and you will for maybe another year or so with that offense. Then everyone in your area will be used to it and suddenly your right back where you were. I have never seen a slot-t team maintain winning for more than 2-3 years. Usually the coach is smart enough to leave before the end of that time. I can understand that ya'll have been down and this is unbelievable to you (kinda like Rocky). I honestly wish your program all the best in the future (by the way Rocky lost the first time).

• Like 2

I'm just curious as to why the "margin" of victory matters.  It's win or lose in this one.  I would be happy with a one-point win if it were my team playing.  Of course, it would be a little less stressful and easier on the heart if it were a "comfortable" win, but a win is a win no matter how it happens.

• Like 1

OK so WOS is very familiar with the Wing T Got it. That still does not translate into a Win. The players running the Wing T are a much bigger factor. What do ya'll think, that PG is good because of the Wing T. You can put these players in any system and they would be here! Your not playing the south east wing T. You are playing the PG Hawks. The talent on this team is why they are so good.  I was at the rally when Josh Gibson told this team in 8th grade they would compete for a title if they were all seniors together. He wasn't a fortune teller. To only give up 1 touchdown in 2 yrs was awesome, they obliterated teams. Unfortunately there is no state middle school title game. They are still here they are just bigger and older. You are playing the team that has been undefeated since they started playing football. THATS WHY THEY ARE HERE! Wing T or no wing T every play you are going to know this team is talented. Not just one player but all players. WOS has all of my respect as you should. I know it will be a tough challenge. WOS has a long history of "their program" not losing. PG is not going to lose because of the Wing T system. If they lose it will be because WOS beat them ,the players, that is something that "this team" has a long history of not having done to them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bull82 said:

PG 45 - WOS 17

Let me see, bet you think Unicorns, Vampires, and the Avenger are real, don't you. You might need to A)wake up; or B) check into a mental ward. The most anyone has scored on us is 26 the entire year, 45 is NOT happening, no way, not now, not ever.

1 minute ago, Stangx2 said:

Let me see, bet you think Unicorns, Vampires, and the Avenger are real, don't you. You might need to A)wake up; or B) check into a mental ward. The most anyone has scored on us is 26 the entire year, 45 is NOT happening, no way, not now, not ever.

“Bookmarked”

5 minutes ago, Stangx2 said:

YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED ANYONE 

1 hour ago, PGDad said:

Yeah, we do the same thing...WOS and PG have a lot in common. Difference is that ya'll are old school and on your way out.

Dude, you showed your knowledge (or actually lack there of) when you proudly (albeit cluelessly) proclaimed PG’s biggest advantage was coaching.  After that, I knew you were bringing checkers to a chess match.  Instead of posting nonsense on a message board, you should be using this time to figure out what words of comfort to use on the kid after his little heart is broken on Friday 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

OK so WOS is very familiar with the Wing T Got it. That still does not translate into a Win. The players running the Wing T are a much bigger factor. What do ya'll think, that PG is good because of the Wing T. You can put these players in any system and they would be here! Your not playing the south east wing T. You are playing the PG Hawks. The talent on this team is why they are so good.  I was at the rally when Josh Gibson told this team in 8th grade they would compete for a title if they were all seniors together. He wasn't a fortune teller. To only give up 1 touchdown in 2 yrs was awesome, they obliterated teams. Unfortunately there is no state middle school title game. They are still here they are just bigger and older. You are playing the team that has been undefeated since they started playing football. THATS WHY THEY ARE HERE! Wing T or no wing T every play you are going to know this team is talented. Not just one player but all players. WOS has all of my respect as you should. I know it will be a tough challenge. WOS has a long history of "their program" not losing. PG is not going to lose because of the Wing T system. If they lose it will be because WOS beat them ,the players, that is something that "this team" has a long history of not having done to them.

My kids graduated in 2015, lost to Gilmer that year. That group did not allow a point in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade A & B teams. For some of our kids that may be the only loss they have ever had themselves (for some possibly dating back to Pop Warner).  I agree schemes will not decide, the kids will. I respect your team and I know the feeling that as parents ya'll have and the kids have. It will be a great game. I expect us to win based on what I think I know, the kids will prove us right or wrong.

3 minutes ago, Stangx2 said:

My kids graduated in 2015, lost to Gilmer that year. That group did not allow a point in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade A & B teams. For some of our kids that may be the only loss they have ever had themselves (for some possibly dating back to Pop Warner).  I agree schemes will not decide, the kids will. I respect your team and I know the feeling that as parents ya'll have and the kids have. It will be a great game. I expect us to win based on what I think I know, the kids will prove us right or wrong.

Great post! It is by all means possible PG could do what your children did. Nothing is given. Reminds me of the fatherly advice as a child. "No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone out there ready to put you in your place" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Dude, you showed your knowledge (or actually lack there of) when you proudly (albeit cluelessly) proclaimed PG’s biggest advantage was coaching.  After that, I knew you were bringing checkers to a chess match.  Instead of posting nonsense on a message board, you should be using this time to figure out what words of comfort to use on the kid after his little heart is broken on Friday 😂

Dude, I knew you were an idiot when I first saw your stupid bucket hat avatar. Hopefully, that's not a picture of you because that guy looks like he plays with balls for a living. So, #### one for us and stay on your coaches jock, cause I'm sure you would be great at comforting a grown man.

Basically, I am leaving it up to you guys to play with yourselves for the next few days. I'm tired of all the morons. I'll be back Sunday or after the ban I'm sure to get.

5 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

This is my opinion. Nothing more. 

QB-Advantage WOS

RB-Advantage PG

WR-EVEN

OL-Advantage PG

DL Slight Advantage PG

LB-Advantage WOS

DB-Advantage WOS

Special teams-Advantage WOS

Coaching-Advantage WOS

Experience—-now don’t kill me, but I’m calling it even due to the Senior laden Hawk team.

You shouldn’t even post garbage like that!! How you gone say WR even? Who has broken records like PG WR. WOS don’t score off passes nor have a passing game. Special teams! Really WOS has scored on kick off and punt returns true..But how many kick return or punt returns has PG surrendered over 15 games?? I’ll answer that for you.. ZERO. And you off on the LB and DBs as well. How many sacks and pressures the PG LBs got?? A ton!! How many turnovers, pass deflections DBs got as well as how many passing TDs have they surrendered? Man your WHACK!! I’m get in you you post some non believing fake #### opinion like that

So, in summary...

According to PG posters they will score 5X’s what WOS allows per game and give up one TD in garbage time for a blowout win and their first championship.

According to WOS posters, they will beat PG by a touchdown, but it’s the only touchdown that will be scored in the entire game because no team running this offense can possibly score on them.

That sound about right?

Im guessing we are somewhere in the middle of that.