Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

Just wanted to say Congratulation to ya'll. Outstanding team. I definitely think ya'll were better but I wish we had a couple of plays back. Good luck and hopefully we will get ya'll next year. Excuse I need some wine for my crow. Merry Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Chick ,, sorry man but like soooo many told you WOS was outmatched .,, 41 against the chain gain!!! LOL!

Well, If you look at the game in the trenches, you saw what the Chain Gang is famous for. Even PG's coach acknowledged that. 

1 hour ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Congrats to PG. Thrilled to have someone from our district win it all. Even more thrilled that you silenced the WOS posters!

At the end of the day my Buckeyes didn't look too bad. 2 of their losses were to undefeated state champs!

PG, enjoy the moment. It was well earned & well deserved. 

1 hour ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Congrats to PG. Thrilled to have someone from our district win it all. Even more thrilled that you silenced the WOS posters!

At the end of the day my Buckeyes didn't look too bad. 2 of their losses were to undefeated state champs!

PG, enjoy the moment. It was well earned & well deserved. 

HA! You ain't silenced me! WOS is a legacy of great football. We have been here numerous times. Won some, lost some, but we are in the playoffs every year. Not taking nothing away from PG's win tonight, but when you have the history that WOS has, you just don't quit. Smile! 

2 hours ago, LCM17 said:

You want to make a bet which city is closer to the border? I can go in my back yard and see Louisanna lol

We can look east into Arkansas. It’s not just a matter of being in the corners, or a Compass direction, East Texas is the he Piney Woods área that covers this part of the State 

Gotta say PG played a heck of a game. Of course I was pulling for wos and they did a fairly good job stopping the run (which we all predicted), but PG did a GREAT job passing like you all predicted. 

WOS, y’all are still one of the best programs in the state, but as for PG you gotta start somewhere. And hopefully for you guys that started today. Many say this is a “one hit wonder”, and while y’all do seem to graduate a lot of key kids, with a good coaching staff y’all can keep making some noise in the future. 

Lastly, as I log off of here till next year, I must admit I was completely wrong about this game! I’ll take my crow in a gumbo since it’s freezing in Dallas right now!!!

On 12/20/2017 at 4:51 PM, TxHoops said:

What a shocker?!?!  Another great coach you don’t recognize.  I will be back Friday for my annual I told you so appearance.  I would wait until Sunday if I were you too.  Gives you two solid days to wipe away little Johnny’s tears after those mean Mustangs kick his little behind...

Sup?

On 12/20/2017 at 4:29 PM, TxHoops said:

Dude, you showed your knowledge (or actually lack there of) when you proudly (albeit cluelessly) proclaimed PG’s biggest advantage was coaching.  After that, I knew you were bringing checkers to a chess match.  Instead of posting nonsense on a message board, you should be using this time to figure out what words of comfort to use on the kid after his little heart is broken on Friday 😂

Sup?

On 12/20/2017 at 3:53 PM, Stangx2 said:

Calling us old school and your running a formation from the 50s? I am glad your enjoying winning, and you will for maybe another year or so with that offense. Then everyone in your area will be used to it and suddenly your right back where you were. I have never seen a slot-t team maintain winning for more than 2-3 years. Usually the coach is smart enough to leave before the end of that time. I can understand that ya'll have been down and this is unbelievable to you (kinda like Rocky). I honestly wish your program all the best in the future (by the way Rocky lost the first time).

You see that new twist?

On 12/20/2017 at 3:38 PM, Stangx2 said:

and the plague nickname is any better? give me a break.Care to name our weak links or is it top secret information only you possess?

I don't know what kind of chains those were...We had a few titanium links, adamantium links, and we threw in a few gold links to make it pretty.

40-1

28 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Sup?

Sup?

You see that new twist?

I don't know what kind of chains those were...We had a few titanium links, adamantium links, and we threw in a few gold links to make it pretty.

40-1

Congrats PGDad!!! You've been confident that the Hawks were going to get the title since Coach Gibson came, and you have never wavered. Hats off to you, your sons, all the PG fans, players and coaches. I knew the night in the pressbox at Texas A&M Stadium that this would be the year something special happened for y'all. Hopefully we will still have the Hawks on our schedule come next year, but if not, good luck as y'all go for #2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stangx2 said:

Just wanted to say Congratulation to ya'll. Outstanding team. I definitely think ya'll were better but I wish we had a couple of plays back. Good luck and hopefully we will get ya'll next year. Excuse I need some wine for my crow. Merry Christmas.

You sir , 

have class!! 

WOS  played with heart! I have to tip my hat to them!

PG was not going to be denied this year! 

They did what I expected them to do . This team was destined to be champs! No body was going to stop them!!  It will be a while until we see another team like this!

• Thanks 1

I absolutely became a Pleasant Grove fan today . Of the 9 games I’ve watched this weekend, I honestly found myself rooting for PG more than any others .. what a hard nosed, well disciplined team . I want to know what you do for tackling drills because y’all tackled incredibly well in open field .. especially #5