Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

15 hours ago, XMan said:

Well, If you look at the game in the trenches, you saw what the Chain Gang is famous for. Even PG's coach acknowledged that. 

The PG Coaches Did acknowledge the WOS defense was good, but in the trenches, they did not show what they are famous for, which was winning the game for their team by shutting down the other team.

They gave up 111 yards rushing, and 248 passing. The coaching genius of not being what WOS was expecting was key, showing they could do what Kennedale couldn't, which is pass. 

Props to the Chain gang for keeping their team in the game, and Chaka Watson for his stellar effort in the fourth, he had all PG eating Tums in the comeback, but in the end, experience and dynasty were not enough. 

The Hawks were everything we tried to tell everyone, and WOS was not ready.

13 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Ive actually have been looking there. Im tired of the hurricanes. Ive looked at Marshall and Tyler area but really dont know the area

Got any athletes? If so then look Tatum.. Athletic facilities are second to none.

1 minute ago, futfan said:

The PG Coaches Did acknowledge the WOS defense was good, but in the trenches, they did not show what they are famous for, which was winning the game for their team by shutting down the other team.

They gave up 111 yards rushing, and 248 passing. The coaching genius of not being what WOS was expecting was key, showing they could do what Kennedale couldn't, which is pass. 

Props to the Chain gang for keeping their team in the game, and Chaka Watson for his stellar effort in the fourth, he had all PG eating Tums in the comeback, but in the end, experience and dynasty were not enough. 

The Hawks were everything we tried to tell everyone, and WOS was not ready.

The Second half WOS Defense kept yall to 7points id imagine there was some halftime adjustments. But i missed the second half I had to work

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Idk about 16 weeks. Not all 16 teams thought they were going to beat PG lol. Ask me how I know.

Maybe not you, but these kids were doubted every week. Even in the playoffs and up to last night. We had doubters. “The only reason PG is doing well is because everyone else is down”. Even WOS Coach was saying that is a big reason they lost. 

We have one of the greatest young minds in coaching leading us, and his assistants are wonderful too. Doubters????  Yes. Starting in 7on7 amd ENDING last night. We beat the “man” 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Got any athletes? If so then look Tatum.. Athletic facilities are second to none.

My son is only 3 but is very big for his size, and I have another one on the way. lol We are looking to move, and i would like him to go to a good academic school, and good sports program. Little Cypress-Mauriceville program hasn't been good since probably 1997.Our last District Championship Scott Surrat and his DC, and I believe WT Johnson was all coaching at LCM. I don't think they will ever try to make our football program even an average.   I was looking at Katy and it's just to busy for me. I'm more of a country kind of guy. I hate to say this but My wife and I take trips to  north East Tx to get out of this area. But  any advice on a good safe location for a young family im all ears.

Just now, LCM17 said:

My son is only 3 but is very big for his size, and I have another one on the way. lol We are looking to move, and i would like him to go to a good academic school, and good sports program. Little Cypress-Mauriceville program hasn't been good since probably 1997.Our last District Championship Scott Surrat and his DC, and I believe WT Johnson was all coaching at LCM. I don't think they will ever try to make our football program even an average.   I was looking at Katy and it's just to busy for me. I'm more of a country kind of guy. I hate to say this but My wife and I take trips to  north East Tx to get out of this area. But  any advice on a good safe location for a young family im all ears.

Academics you say? 

Tatum has that too. 

17 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

The Second half WOS Defense kept yall to 7points id imagine there was some halftime adjustments. But i missed the second half I had to work

With respect to halftime adjustments, I give props to both, as it was scoreless. The adjustments made by WOS in the fourth were key, but in the end, it was a contest of athletes and execution, which PG won.

7 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Can't go wrong with a lot of places. Henderson , Tatum, Carthage , facility wise can't really go wrong. Small school Tatum probably at the top of the list . Big schools Longview ain't terrible. 

I've never been to Henderson, and I believe we drove through Tatum at night so I didn't see much of the town.

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Lol. You saw the town. 

im about to pull Tatum up on realtor. lol What about Kilgore? Our booster club president was from there, and his son was our center and defense tackle he played both ways. He was pretty good, and I think he made all district

1 minute ago, LCM17 said:

im about to pull Tatum up on realtor. lol What about Kilgore? Our booster club president was from there, and his son was our center and defense tackle he played both ways. He was pretty good, and I think he made all district

Kilgore is a good town. 

44 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

It just depends on how country you want to be. There are great schools here, no matter what size town you want to be in. Lots of rural property available in Tatum and Carthage ISDs. Plenty of good hunting and fishing in the area too, if you’re into the outdoors. 

Just now, trueblue82 said:

It just depends on how country you want to be. There are great schools here, no matter what size town you want to be in. Lots of rural property available in Tatum and Carthage ISDs. Plenty of good hunting and fishing in the area too, if you’re into the outdoors. 

Oh yeah i like to hunt, My house backs up to my deer lease lease  1000 acres, and of course we have the sabine river and salt water fishing. So I do it all.  That's one thing I enjoyed about Little Cypress is that you were really never to far from town but you were still in the country. I probably would have to be kinda close to a larger city due getting a job.

43 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

You pull Tatum up on Realtor and I know of some land for sale there..

2 hours ago, futfan said:

I can see it on my Ipad. It is not "hidden". That implies an effort on her part to conceal it.

very few of us have our real names on our profile's view. Smoaky has a policy that prohibits people from naming people without their permission. 

So deal with it.

I put my name there so why would I want to conceal it? 

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I put my name there so why would I want to conceal it? 

Exactly, he just can't see it on his flip phone, so he accuses you of hiding. I don't know who he is, I guess he is not as open as you are. 

Many people who know me, know my psuedonym on here, but if you don't know me, knowing my name is pretty much useless.

i don't care who he is, but it is he who is being hypocritical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lambo said:

The gane was competitive for like 3 minutes... WOS got momentum and PG took it away. Like I said total domination.

Man, I guess our definition of total domination is different. I was sitting on the PG side yesterday and with a minute to go in the game WOS had the ball and only needed a TD to win or force OT. I'm thinking you may have missed the game and woke up and looked at the final score in the paper. Again, Congrats to PG, exciting game to watch and the better team won. 

18 minutes ago, futfan said:

Exactly, he just can't see it on his flip phone, so he accuses you of hiding. I don't know who he is, I guess he is not as open as you are. 

Many people who know me, know my psuedonym on here, but if you don't know me, knowing my name is pretty much useless.

i don't care who he is, but it is he who is being hypocritical.

Thanks, I just read your post wrong.

Sights like these are understandably meant to be anonymous. I have no problem with others keeping their identity to themselves. My name was made public many years ago by several who opened accounts to call me out on my support of our coaches. At the time I decided since I had been called out that I would just keep it in the open. 

I probably shouldn't have made the statement that they were hiding behind a screen name, but that's exactly what people do on social media. We can say whatever we want, no matter how ugly or offensive it is, and it be ok because no one knows who we are. It's one thing to talk football or other sports in anonymity but it's something else to bash, insult and ridicule (which I've also done at times in retaliation) using a screen name. 

Thanks for commenting and clarifying futfan, and congrats on the season!