Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

Oh yeah i like to hunt, My house backs up to my deer lease lease  1000 acres, and of course we have the sabine river and salt water fishing. So I do it all.  That's one thing I enjoyed about Little Cypress is that you were really never to far from town but you were still in the country. I probably would have to be kinda close to a larger city due getting a job.

What kind of work are you interested in? The oil and gas industry is ramping back up. If you want, pm me. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Man, I guess our definition of total domination is different. I was sitting on the PG side yesterday and with a minute to go in the game WOS had the ball and only needed a TD to win or force OT. I'm thinking you may have missed the game and woke up and looked at the final score in the paper. Again, Congrats to PG, exciting game to watch and the better team won. 

Until PG went into the umbrella defense after going up 28-7 wos barely had 100 yds of total offense. Even the commentators after the game talked non-stop about how dominating the PG performance had been. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Man, I guess our definition of total domination is different. I was sitting on the PG side yesterday and with a minute to go in the game WOS had the ball and only needed a TD to win or force OT. I'm thinking you may have missed the game and woke up and looked at the final score in the paper. Again, Congrats to PG, exciting game to watch and the better team won. 

I watched the entire game from the td pass until the second int with less than 15 seconds left. First half PG dominated then I'm the late third and most of the fourth WOS got the momentum. 

Just now, Lion70 said:

With all do respect no Jacksonville take my word for it. Lindale pretty good especially commuting to Tyler for work . 

I'll take your word. I have no knowledge about it up there. Our area is filled with alot of crime. I"D like to get away from much of it as i can

6 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Henderson, Lindale Tatum very good areas. I lived in Tyler for a year didn't care for it. Traffic was pretty bad. Do you have kids? What work ? Tyler/ longview best options but they aren't really known for low crime rate . However, those two are the places you have to go for food.

Yeah I know Longview and Tyler have crime. But Beaumont  ranked #3 most dangerous City in Texas and are in the top 100 on crime. Anything is better then what we got going on here. Yeah I have a 3 year old and my wife is pregnant.  What industry is really up there? Yall have any plants up there?

31 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I watched the entire game from the td pass until the second int with less than 15 seconds left. First half PG dominated then I'm the late third and most of the fourth WOS got the momentum. 

I'll certainly give credit to WOS for getting back in the game late. I thought PG was going to blow them out at the half. They did a great job in the second half. It was to late. Watson was going to have to put the ball in the air a lot and I felt PG would pick him off. Idid not expect back to back pick 6's

PG had their way passing the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I'll certainly give credit to WOS for getting back in the game late. I thought PG was going to blow them out at the half. They did a great job in the second half. It was to late. Watson was going to have to put the ball in the air a lot and I felt PG would pick him off. Idid not expect back to back pick 6's

PG had their way passing the ball. 

I was very impressed with that hybrid WingT/spread offense... and that's what it is.

2 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

coach Thompson said it himself 

"It's not like the wing T we see a lot 

they can pass really wellI I am very impressed with their Quarterback"

Before the game I saw an expression on his face I haven't seen in awhile when he was talking about that PG offense, I could tell he was a little worried, still confident but a little worried. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Got some ocean front property right off of I 20....ya interested? Lmao

Yup, If its a lake lol I actually have seen some property in Tatum that I do like. Im going to have to make a road trip

22 hours ago, futfan said:

We can look east into Arkansas. It’s not just a matter of being in the corners, or a Compass direction, East Texas is the he Piney Woods área that covers this part of the State 

Pine trees are so thick here, you can barely see the tallows. 

6 hours ago, futfan said:

The PG Coaches Did acknowledge the WOS defense was good, but in the trenches, they did not show what they are famous for, which was winning the game for their team by shutting down the other team.

They gave up 111 yards rushing, and 248 passing. The coaching genius of not being what WOS was expecting was key, showing they could do what Kennedale couldn't, which is pass. 

Props to the Chain gang for keeping their team in the game, and Chaka Watson for his stellar effort in the fourth, he had all PG eating Tums in the comeback, but in the end, experience and dynasty were not enough. 

The Hawks were everything we tried to tell everyone, and WOS was not ready.

As I said, the Chain Gang (defensive line) did their job. This game was won by the passing game. 

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, XMan said:

As I said, the Chain Gang (defensive line) did their job. This game was won by the passing game. 

On a serious note, when do you think C. Thompson will retire? I mean the guy has been to 8 state championship games. Hes won alot of games throughout the season and playoffs. He's 68 do you think he's close to giving it up. My buddy is a die hard WOS grad and he told me that CT will be like Curtis Barbay from Newton he will never go lol

25 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Land is pretty expensive in the Tatum school district.

Wasn't to bad what I found. Ofcourse im looking online and now looking at the properties next to it. Carthage was pretty high. They have my land taxed appraised at 15k a acre. How are the taxes there? Mine are ridiculous 

On 12/17/2017 at 8:42 AM, Gasilla said:

Geez I wish I had a nickle for every time I've heard this over the last 4 years...

I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard them say that PG bullied wos, on Scoreboard live tonight.

I don't think I'm alone that WOS may have gotten beaten.  Has nothing to do with the coaching staff, which is one of the best in the state.  Nor with the team, which were a bunch of overachievers.  But for a school WOS size to lose 17 starters and come back and win another SC was a tough row to hoe.  And that being said, anyone backing the Mustangs should be extremely proud of them.  They exceeded all the experts projections.  They did more with heart than most teams do with talent.  Jmo

And to the PG Hawks, congratulations on winning that SC.  What a great team.  Y'all tried to tell us about your line, but it's hard to imagine guys that big that are that quick.  They may weigh 300, but they moved like 180 pounders.  And your Coach, man, he looks like a good one, and appears to be a classy gentleman.  Y'all have a great future.

• Like 1