Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

7 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Oil and gas . Tatum pretty good closer to Longview and excellent schools. Rural area . Henderson not as good academically but not terrible. Lindale / bullard seems pretty good area if you work in Tyler. 

But, but, but, Henderson has a very good Band program, so if you ain't gonna move for athletic purposes  ... ;) 

Sure seems like this has turned into a recruiting thread and we don't even know the stats on his 3-yr old yet, do we?  I mean height, weight, speed, agility, pedigree.

10 hours ago, LCM17 said:

Wasn't to bad what I found. Ofcourse im looking online and now looking at the properties next to it. Carthage was pretty high. They have my land taxed appraised at 15k a acre. How are the taxes there? Mine are ridiculous 

The scenery in east Texas is pretty but that is about it.  The area is full of poverty and low paying jobs.  Very few good paying jobs and you can't get one because the buddy system is in full effect.  Longview and Tyler are great if you want a minimum wage job.  That is why all the young people leave that area as soon as they can.  Also,  lots of poor schools and plenty of crime.  Probably don't want to hear it but the best places in Texas are Dallas,  Austin and Houston.  Just the way it is.  Also,  every area has some possibility of natural disasters.  You're probably better off where you are if you have a good job there.

• Thanks 2

I'd scratch Houston itself off that list.  There are some nice suburbs, but I hear the town itself has a lot of crime.  There is one thing there I don't understand, being from a rural area.  They have the 610 Loop that circles the city with a 60 or 65 speed limit.  I'd guess the average speed of traffic is around 80.  You on an Interstate an a Tx HP is writing a ticket, everyone slows down.  A Htn cop writing a ticket on 610 doesn't affect traffic at all.  If you drive the speed limit, you're taking your life in your hands.  Personally, I'm convinced everyone driving in Htn is drunk but me, and I want to be, but need all my facilities to figure out where I'm going.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Slimbodine said:

The scenery in east Texas is pretty but that is about it.  The area is full of poverty and low paying jobs.  Very few good paying jobs and you can't get one because the buddy system is in full effect.  Longview and Tyler are great if you want a minimum wage job.  That is why all the young people leave that area as soon as they can.  Also,  lots of poor schools and plenty of crime.  Probably don't want to hear it but the best places in Texas are Dallas,  Austin and Houston.  Just the way it is.  Also,  every area has some possibility of natural disasters.  You're probably better off where you are if you have a good job there.

Yes I have a good job here . The job I have here would be a 40k pay cut at Longview or Tyler. That’s why it’s been hard.My wife and I have just talked retiring up there. Austin is a beautiful area but the price you pay to live there is ridiculous. Thanks for your input

51 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Yes I have a good job here . The job I have here would be a 40k pay cut at Longview or Tyler. That’s why it’s been hard.My wife and I have just talked retiring up there. Austin is a beautiful area but the price you pay to live there is ridiculous. Thanks for your input

Since we've moved to snow covered mountains of Evadale, we've really enjoyed it here.  And if you have a child that might like athletics, this is the place to be.  In 2A sports, if you can walk and chew gum, you'll be able to play all the sports you desire.  G'daughter played basketball, volleyball, and ran track.  G'son plays football, basketball, and runs track.  Taxes are much lower (no city tax).  And the school is all together, creating a family atmosphere.  Kids in HS (all 155 of them) know most kids in elementary, and at pep rallies, the elementary kids are the loudest lol.  Seriously, it's a hidden jewel.  If you consider it, look on the south side, and down 1131.  Only smell mill when north wind blows, which I smelled just as bad in Vidor.  I worked at XM B&P (by refinery), it's 25 miles from our home.  Worth the drive.  Have two neighbors in spitting distance that work at Valero & Motiva. .

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

But, but, but, Henderson has a very good Band program, so if you ain't gonna move for athletic purposes  ... ;) 

Sure seems like this has turned into a recruiting thread and we don't even know the stats on his 3-yr old yet, do we?  I mean height, weight, speed, agility, pedigree.

He’s 3.5 tall and 60lbs lol LCM has a good band and they make it to state often but Arglye usually places higher 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

Lol oh yea I’m just absolutely struggling to get by in Tyler ...

PS, I am hiring entry level materials technicians in Tyler at $14.50-$16.50 an hour starting with $22.50-$23.50 upper ceiling potential . The jobs are there , you just have to know where and how to look.  .

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Since we've moved to snow covered mountains of Evadale, we've really enjoyed it here.  And if you have a child that might like athletics, this is the place to be.  In 2A sports, if you can walk and chew gum, you'll be able to play all the sports you desire.  G'daughter played basketball, volleyball, and ran track.  G'son plays football, basketball, and runs track.  Taxes are much lower (no city tax).  And the school is all together, creating a family atmosphere.  Kids in HS (all 155 of them) know most kids in elementary, and at pep rallies, the elementary kids are the loudest lol.  Seriously, it's a hidden jewel.  If you consider it, look on the south side, and down 1131.  Only smell mill when north wind blows, which I smelled just as bad in Vidor.  I worked at XM B&P (by refinery), it's 25 miles from our home.  Worth the drive.  Have two neighbors in spitting distance that work at Valero & Motiva. .

Thanks but evilsmell don’t dominate enough for me to take a move in that direction.  Lol

47 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Thanks but evilsmell don’t dominate enough for me to take a move in that direction.  Lol

Don't dominate?  First or second in football, and basketball every year.  Usually win baseball.  Girls basketball went to Reg semifinals my G'daughters Senior year and always wins district.  And often in volleyball.  Not quite in the Tenaha category, but pretty fair.

49 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Don't dominate?  First or second in football, and basketball every year.  Usually win baseball.  Girls basketball went to Reg semifinals my G'daughters Senior year and always wins district.  And often in volleyball.  Not quite in the Tenaha category, but pretty fair.

We played yall basket ball last week. We won 94 to 60 something. When I  talk about dominate  I’m talking about Katy, Allen, Lake Travis, Aledo, WOS, Newton, Carthage and etc. I don’t consider area round domination 4 to 5 rounds every year is dominate. I would expect 2 or 3 rounds out of LCM but we have issues. Nothing against Evadale by any means it’s just not Newton in football. 

29 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

We played yall basket ball last week. We won 94 to 60 something. When I  talk about dominate  I’m talking about Katy, Allen, Lake Travis, Aledo, WOS, Newton, Carthage and etc. I don’t consider area round domination 4 to 5 rounds every year is dominate. I would expect 2 or 3 rounds out of LCM but we have issues. Nothing against Evadale by any means it’s just not Newton in football. 

30 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

No, can't compare to those teams.  Hey, was you at that game at LCM?  My G'son got put in as PG about two min in.  He hadn't playrd Point since he was a Fr on JV.  Made a few T/overs, but for his first time in a while he did pretty good.  Playing all 4A & 5A teams, for the most part.

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

No, can't compare to those teams.  Hey, was you at that game at LCM?  My G'son got put in as PG about two min in.  He hadn't playrd Point since he was a Fr on JV.  Made a few T/overs, but for his first time in a while he did pretty good.  Playing all 4A & 5A teams, for the most part.

No I was watching the Newton game. LCM b-ball was ranked in the top 25 I don’t know where there at now. I haven’t watched any games I’ll wait till district starts. Haven’t evadale won a state championship in baseball ?

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Well duh. The QB threw it right to them. Congrats on making a routine play. 

I expected that response from. Lol..Nothing left to say.  Surely the game commentators didn't see nor describe anyof the interception plays as routine.  1 of the INTs was the DQ play of the game, so I'm quite sure you saw that enough on TV replay. Reason why your at home watching the game from your couch!!  

• Thumbs Down 1

On 12/22/2017 at 6:11 PM, eagle34 said:

Agreed. Congratulations to PG! Without that QB they don't win the game. He played great. Did he have 300 yards? WOS  was definitely not ready for that Passing game.

Here you go with this would've could've ####! Give the credit and save the IF's.  Your analysis isn't needed about without this or that PG don't win!  Your talking hypotheticals cause last time a checked he played and started 15 games prior to that and had the same effect in games when called up. Give the Hawks the credit and stop with the Without ####!!

• Thumbs Down 1

Well, he ain't exactly wrong though lol. Congrats on yalls title. Bet it feels amazing to get that first one. Glad y'all finished it out. Now the question is.....does the coach pile up offers after this great run and will he bite on one of them?

14 minutes ago, batmaker02 said:

I expected that response from. Lol..Nothing left to say.  Surely the game commentators didn't see nor describe anyof the interception plays as routine.  1 of the INTs was the DQ play of the game, so I'm quite sure you saw that enough on TV replay. Reason why your at home watching the game from your couch!!  

The DQ int wasn’t by a DB. 

My original comment was about DBs. 

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

No I was watching the Newton game. LCM b-ball was ranked in the top 25 I don’t know where there at now. I haven’t watched any games I’ll wait till district starts. Haven’t evadale won a state championship in baseball ?

Yes, state championship in basketball and baseball.  

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

The DQ int wasn’t by a DB. 

My original comment was about DBs. 

Seems like you need to stop lacing your BlackNMilds Mr. Stay lit. Just vying for an opportunity to knock off the champs swag!! Will have to wait till next year buddy!! As much as you trying not gonna change anything!! It’s in the history books so what you saying don’t matter no way. Get off the champs thread!! LMAO