Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

9 hours ago, PGDad said:

Yeah, so I've been celebrating since Friday night! To tell the truth, I've been celebrating this championship for 4 for years!!! I can't believe it finally happened. It played out like a movie for me. The Hawks came out on fire, pressured the QB but more importantly, they wore the QB out. He was chased, flattened, sacked, hurried, pressured, tackled, and generally harassed all night long. Everybody was on fire! I'm not even sure if that was our best game but it was the most exciting! For a second, there was a little bit of drama, but the Hawks slammed the door twice in a row! State Champs! 

Congrats to the coaches, fans, and community!

Most importantly, congrats to the players. Ya'll did it. I remember conversations about this happening before ya'll were even in middle school. 

"Can you imagine what they are going to be like when they are seniors?"

"Yeah, if they stick together that long."

...and ya'll did. That is the strength of the Hawks, the players. No matter what they were taught or coached, the players stood by each other, they kept the team together. The last four years haven't been easy. They have cheered for each other and been mad at each other, but they always stuck together. I'm so proud of all of them. This is a very special group of young men and it is now your job to instill that brotherly spirit in our up and coming Hawks. The legend may have ended, but your legacy is just starting.

I'll just go ahead and say we win state again next year!

Go Hawks!

First of all congrats to the Hawk players for a fine effort to win the forever elusive state title. Congrats to PGDad on his "called shot", congrats to the Hawk Nation who have supported them through thick and thin(thats you, PGDad and Hawkeye), congrats to all the fair weather/bandwagon fans that popped up during the run, and congrats to even you batmaker....for may the force be with you on your journey of growing thicker skin and bigger cajones to ready you for the post state title endeavours that await you. Congrats Hawks.....I'm proud of y'all. Way to bring it back home to East Texas.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

First of all congrats to the Hawk players for a fine effort to win the forever elusive state title. Congrats to PGDad on his "called shot", congrats to the Hawk Nation who have supported them through thick and thin(thats you, PGDad and Hawkeye), congrats to all the fair weather/bandwagon fans that popped up during the run, and congrats to even you batmaker....for may the force be with you on your journey of growing thicker skin and bigger cajones to ready you for the post state title endeavours that await you. Congrats Hawks.....I'm proud of y'all. Way to bring it back home to East Texas.

Called shot lol. PGDad been saying I know for 4 years that PG will win state every year. He was bound to be right eventually lol!

16 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I'm callin my shot right here....Gibson long gone.....won't be a PG Hawk next year. I'd go too....school that's not predominantly a powerhouse....to have a year like this.....the offers will come and he'd be smart to jump on one.

You just can’t help yourself can you?

2 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

Time to talk basketball.  I hear PG may be really good.  Then comes Baseball.  We all know PG and baseball. LOL

There will be no rematch against PG vs WOS lol. Out of district will be Silsbee and LCM

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, Eagleborn said:

Got any athletes? If so then look Tatum.. Athletic facilities are second to none.

I want to thank you  for letting me know about Tatum. I went through there today and really liked there facilities. I'm going to get serious and look at buying some land in the area in the near future. Even if I just retire out there.  One question though? where do yall eat at? Do you yall  go to longview ot Henderson  lol ?

16 hours ago, LCM17 said:

I want to thank you  for letting me know about Tatum. I went through there today and really liked there facilities. I'm going to get serious and look at buying some land in the area in the near future. Even if I just retire out there.  One question though? where do yall eat at? Do you yall  go to longview ot Henderson  lol ?

Longview, Henderson, Marshall and Carthage are around the same distance from Tatum. 

4 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Pg coach probably gone 

I hope he doesn't leave he got us going in right direction just won State I believe can have another run in us I understand that Frisco job is waiting for him if his dad ever retires 

4 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Pg coach probably gone 

I heard they didn’t even have a freshman team. I didn’t see their 7th & 8th play but some folks say they were not good.  If I had 3 bad classes in a row coming up I would be looking to leave.  If your gonna get might as well get while the gettins good!

3 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I heard they didn’t even have a freshman team. I didn’t see their 7th & 8th play but some folks say they were not good.  If I had 3 bad classes in a row coming up I would be looking to leave.  If your gonna get might as well get while the gettins good!

The freshman class has about 3 studs on it. Otherwise, it’s kind of slim. One of those freshman led the team in sacks on varsity this year. Soph class is stacked too. His years junior class has 3 starters on defense and just one on offense. 

7-8th grade teams are decent. 

17 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Season started with freshman, JV & Varsity teams.  JV had so many significant injuries that they decided to combine JV and freshmen in about the second week.

Varsity had 2 freshmen play with them all season.  One was a starter and the other got a lot of playing time.  Also pulled up 2 other freshmen for the playoff run. A couple of kids bumping 300lbs.  Freshman class also has some others that are going to be good, just need to grow a little and be coached up.  The sophomore class is stacked and will end up being the largest senior class in the last several years if everyone stays.

The cupboard is definitely not bare

Hey guys, PG won state!

On 12/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

Called shot lol. PGDad been saying I know for 4 years that PG will win state every year. He was bound to be right eventually lol!

Actually, I have been saying for 4 years that the class of 2018 will be the one to take us to state.

It was a great game but WOS was not everything they were touted to be. We played several teams that would have drug them through the dirt. LE would have beat them, Spring Hill could have easily knocked them out. Add WOS to the list of teams we beat in the playoffs that would not have made it out of our district.