Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

On 12/26/2017 at 6:40 PM, Eagle8 said:

I'm callin my shot right here....Gibson long gone.....won't be a PG Hawk next year. I'd go too....school that's not predominantly a powerhouse....to have a year like this.....the offers will come and he'd be smart to jump on one.

Team meeting today.....Coach announced that he isn't going anywhere and will be here next season.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, PGDad said:

Hey guys, PG won state!

Actually, I have been saying for 4 years that the class of 2018 will be the one to take us to state.

It was a great game but WOS was not everything they were touted to be. We played several teams that would have drug them through the dirt. LE would have beat them, Spring Hill could have easily knocked them out. Add WOS to the list of teams we beat in the playoffs that would not have made it out of our district.

Spring Hill was definitely a tough team lol. Shows you how important at least some defense is though.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 1:53 PM, PGDad said:

Hey guys, PG won state!

Actually, I have been saying for 4 years that the class of 2018 will be the one to take us to state.

It was a great game but WOS was not everything they were touted to be. We played several teams that would have drug them through the dirt. LE would have beat them, Spring Hill could have easily knocked them out. Add WOS to the list of teams we beat in the playoffs that would not have made it out of our district.

PG was a good team. The reason people have respect for WOS is because of the winning tradition. WOS was Down this year and everyone knew that they just  thought the defense would beable to hold y’all. If y’all would played last years team most likely a different outcome. WOS was loaded those 2 state champ wins. They were young this year and I wouldn’t be surprise if they are in the state semi final again next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, PG won state!

Great Game PG,  Enjoy it to the fullest............ I asure you WOS will return to the finals .....  "Cinderella"

13 hours ago, LCM said:

PG was a good team. The reason people have respect for WOS is because of the winning tradition. WOS was Down this year and everyone knew that they just  thought the defense would beable to hold y’all. If y’all would played last years team most likely a different outcome. WOS was loaded those 2 state champ wins. They were young this year and I wouldn’t be surprise if they are in the state semi final again next year.

No doubt WOS was down this year but PG was up big time. I don't think the outcome would be any different no matter what year the 2018 class played WOS.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 hours ago, PGDad said:

No doubt WOS was down this year but PG was up big time. I don't think the outcome would be any different no matter what year the 2018 class played WOS.

Well your fan of your team, and admire that. How man kids on that team this year has a college scholarship? One of WOS players just won a national Championship at Bama. Last year they had stack of college signees. The talent they produce is very good. If they would have had an accurate Qb this year I think it would been a better game. But either way congrats to y’all. Yall earned to be the champs!

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, PG won state!

Lmao! PG had a damn good football team THIS year. But PG will never ever come close to doing what that "touted" WOS team did.  4 straight state finals, back to back state championships , 40 game winning streak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

PGdad definitley needs to lay off the Kool-aid.  There is no way that Spring Hill could beat WOS.  It’s understandable to be over reactionary to things when your team wins it all, but have a little common sense.  This is your once in a lifetime class, while WOS just reloads, and to say it didn’t matter what year this PG team could beat any WOS team is just straight foolishness.  Like I said enjoy that championship, but c’mon man don’t be that guy.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, JasperDawg said:

Lmao! PG had a damn good football team THIS year. But PG will never ever come close to doing what that "touted" WOS team did.  4 straight state finals, back to back state championships , 40 game winning streak.

WoS had a lucky streak, that's all.

57 minutes ago, EasyCompany said:

PGdad definitley needs to lay off the Kool-aid.  There is no way that Spring Hill could beat WOS.  It’s understandable to be over reactionary to things when your team wins it all, but have a little common sense.  This is your once in a lifetime class, while WOS just reloads, and to say it didn’t matter what year this PG team could beat any WOS team is just straight foolishness.  Like I said enjoy that championship, but c’mon man don’t be that guy.

Nah, we played both teams. WOS wouldn't have made it out of our district. WOS has been overrated for years. I wish we would have had a challenge in the state final game but we will take it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

LOL!  Pleasant Grove had a very good team this season.  I do think the competition would've been much better for WO-S if they would've played in our district.  There wouldn't have been ANY sure wins.  Every week was an adventure because every team was capable of beating the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PGDad said:

Nah, we played both teams. WOS wouldn't have made it out of our district. WOS has been overrated for years. I wish we would have had a challenge in the state final game but we will take it.

LOL, Very lucky  Decade       128/21  >>>> 73/57

On 1/23/2018 at 1:42 PM, PGDad said:

Really LMAO!! I don't care who u are that funny stuff right there! Dumb but funny. (hey just between you and i my friend don't go around telling folks about a 40 game lucky streak in texas highschool football, if u do no need to wonder what their laughing at when u walk away.)

• Thanks 2

There's a little luck in a 40 game winning streak, if you don't believe that you are too full of yourself to understand football. All it took was a team that didn't even play to their full potential to knock them out. PG had a bad day and beat the snot out of WoS. The thing is, nobody would ever know they were having a bad day. PGs bad days are like WoS best days.

PG 2017 State Football Champs!

39 minutes ago, PGDad said:

There's a little luck in a 40 game winning streak, if you don't believe that you are too full of yourself to understand football. All it took was a team that didn't even play to their full potential to knock them out. PG had a bad day and beat the snot out of WoS. The thing is, nobody would ever know they were having a bad day. PGs bad days are like WoS best days.

PG 2017 State Football Champs!

So, is PG about to go on a 4 year run to the state championship game?