Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, bansheefan03 said:

Although I'm pulling for pg this is the worst possible draw for them in the SC wos is known for shutting down there style offense

Yes WOS is good their defense is good. But may I say this? A style of offense is only as good as the execution. One thing most people agree with about PG is they execute. It was considered a Mis match with Celinas 10-1 that had a good rep for shutting down this style of offense. Before you say it ,,, YES I know Celina is not WOS I'm  just not quite sure WOS has seen 300 pound linemen that can really move and really clear out lanes for these strong and fast running backs. They really tear off chunks of yards. When 2 teams stack up well especially on defense you have to wonder who has the more dominant rushing attack? A strong argument can be made that the PG offense really matches up well with the WOS defense. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, LTrain11 said:

I guess you missed where they beat Kennadale who, by the way, will be playing next week as well.

After seeing PG beat us and watching Kennedale play last night, I think PG would beat Kennedale by 2 TD’s. PG defense is just that good. Good luck to WOS and PG. Should be a slugfest!

If we was to bet money like something said earlier ide pick PG still. A big part people haven't really talked about is field position. PG puts people in a position to make 80-90 yard drives and makes there drives half as long. PGs special teams are very good I think that will be th reason they win imo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I think it's a direct reflection of the fact that week in, and week out, PG has had to listen to; how great other teams are, how good their QBs are, how they offenses average 60 ppg, how their defense is full of studs, how they're super fast, how they're undefeated, how they've beat opponents still in the playoffs, how they've been on this stage before, how they're more experienced than PG is. The constant number of reasons why PG won't win. NOBODY has faced the adversity that PG has this season as far as being underestimated, from myself including. Most all of us that aren't PG fans, have picked against them, or thought there was a hill too steep for them to climb. IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN CLOSE. The closest game was Gilmer, and I think that they're even glad they didn't have to meet PG again! Now they're faced with even more adversity. Another undefeated, this time it's the defending state champs. Does that mean I should pick against them, just because WOS has been here before? No. Not enough reason for me to pick against PG. They've been the most impressive team I have seen thus far this year, and I've seen a bunch, including Carthage. Not saying they're better than Carthage, but that would be a heck of a ball game.  

Good post.  And I'll admit, when I looked at their results this season, I was impressed.  Win or lose, it's obvious they have a great team.  I just find it strange that so many are picking against a team of WOS record and caliber.  The numbers just seem a little skewed.  Imo, a realistic poll would be significantly closer.  I certainly don't expect either team to win in a blowout, which a 26-6 poll might suggest.

19 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Good post.  And I'll admit, when I looked at their results this season, I was impressed.  Win or lose, it's obvious they have a great team.  I just find it strange that so many are picking against a team of WOS record and caliber.  The numbers just seem a little skewed.  Imo, a realistic poll would be significantly closer.  I certainly don't expect either team to win in a blowout, which a 26-6 poll might suggest.

Not necessarily. That's just picking a winner. I mean it's harder for me as an Atlanta fan to admit that PG is this good, than it would be for me to admit it about almost any other team. We don't jive with PG. With that being said, they're extremely good lol. They're really fun to watch. Jealous that all the PG fans have gotten to follow them on this journey this year. I bet it's been great, because I know it's been fun for me the past few weeks. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Not necessarily. That's just picking a winner. I mean it's harder for me as an Atlanta fan to admit that PG is this good, than it would be for me to admit it about almost any other team. We don't jive with PG. With that being said, they're extremely good lol. They're really fun to watch. Jealous that all the PG fans have gotten to follow them on this journey this year. I bet it's been great, because I know it's been fun for me the past few weeks. 

Come on is it still that bad going for PG? I mean has it got past the point of needing barf bags when you yell out "GO PG" at the games? 

LOL!

25 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Come on is it still that bad going for PG? I mean has it got past the point of needing barf bags when you yell out "GO PG" at the games? 

LOL!

I just gotta have a bag over my head so nobody sees me. Though, the Atlanta hat/shirt may give me away. 

WOS defense might give up two touch downs to PG. I watched some film on them and WOS speed will be the key factor. To beat WOS you have to throw the ball. and yes I know that PG throws the ball more then the usual wing t team. I just don't think PG qb will have enough time to set up and throw the ball without the defense being in his face all night. Last night Wimberly QB had to run around the pocket and was getting hit. WOS was playing a lot of man on man. Most High schools teams would have had two deep safeties over the top. But WOS has  speed that they don't  have to do that.  Most of these kids that are on the team have been riding up to a state championship game the last 4years. They have been practicing against the former starters from the past for 16 weeks on the scout team. WOS the last 3 years 2016 16-0, 2015 15-1, 2014 13-3. PG the last 3 years 2016 6-7, 2015 6-5 2014 6-5. PG has had special year but that will end next Friday.

7 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

WOS defense might give up two touch downs to PG. I watched some film on them and WOS speed will be the key factor. To beat WOS you have to throw the ball. and yes I know that PG throws the ball more then the usual wing t team. I just don't think PG qb will have enough time to set up and throw the ball without the defense being in his face all night. Last night Wimberly QB had to run around the pocket and was getting hit. WOS was playing a lot of man on man. Most High schools teams would have had two deep safeties over the top. But WOS has  speed that they don't  have to do that.  Most of these kids that are on the team have been riding up to a state championship game the last 4years. They have been practicing against the former starters from the past for 16 weeks on the scout team. WOS the last 3 years 2016 16-0, 2015 15-1, 2014 13-3. PG the last 3 years 2016 6-7, 2015 6-5 2014 6-5. PG has had special year but that will end next Friday.

Why does everyone always say speed is what's going to beat PG? Do you honestly feel like they haven't played anyone that's fast? It's going to take a lot more than just speed to beat PG. I also was told that WOS didn't have a single sack last night, for the first time in as far back as any of the people I was talking to could remember. 

13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I just gotta have a bag over my head so nobody sees me. Though, the Atlanta hat/shirt may give me away. 

Hey Man if it makes you feel better I have a great friend who is from Atlanta I have gone to the games with him the last 3 yrs and watched Atlanta. He has watched every post season game with me this year. Although neither of us hold a real grudge on each other's team. We will smack talk with each other. Needless to say he has been dishing it out on me. But being we've been friends for so long he knows my sons and watched this team play all the way back to youth and middle school. He also said this year was coming for the Hawks. 

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

Why does everyone always say speed is what's going to beat PG? Do you honestly feel like they haven't played anyone that's fast? It's going to take a lot more than just speed to beat PG. I also was told that WOS didn't have a single sack last night, for the first time in as far back as any of the people I was talking to could remember. 

They didn’t sack him. They just had moving in the pocket. Look don’t believe watch game Friday and you see for your self. I’ll say this WOS not not really have a passing game So if PG can stop the run it will be a close one

4 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

They didn’t sack him. They just had moving in the pocket. Look don’t believe watch game Friday and you see for your self. I’ll say this WOS not not really have a passing game So if PG can stop the run it will be a close one

PG excels at stopping the run. Teams do not run on PG, period. I can only think of 1 team that had any success, and it wasn't enough. 

8 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Hey Man if it makes you feel better I have a great friend who is from Atlanta I have gone to the games with him the last 3 yrs and watched Atlanta. He has watched every post season game with me this year. Although neither of us hold a real grudge on each other's team. We will smack talk with each other. Needless to say he has been dishing it out on me. But being we've been friends for so long he knows my sons and watched this team play all the way back to youth and middle school. He also said this year was coming for the Hawks. 

My brother graduated from PG in 09, so I've got ties up there as well. Just been a thing for us to always dislike PG and L-E haha. 

7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

My brother graduated from PG in 09, so I've got ties up there as well. Just been a thing for us to always dislike PG and L-E haha. 

But you guys have been hating LE for a LOOOONNNGG TIME.  I too am rooting for PG to bring it back to Texarkana.  Our rivalry with PG is just as contentious as it is with the Rabbs.   But know we are all one community.  GO HAWKS AND GET YOUR RINGS!!!

14 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

PG excels at stopping the run. Teams do not run on PG, period. I can only think of 1 team that had any success, and it wasn't enough. 

I don't think he like most others have really watched what PG does. The statement "If PG can stop the run" The have been up against some good rushing teams. That's really what's surprising most people  

I mean if someone says this or that team scores a lot of points Pleasant Grove holds them to two touchdowns for the game also if someone says this team runs for a lot of yards ,Pleasant Grove holds them to their lowest yardage for the year Pleasant Grove steps up and stops what other teams do well they've been doing it All year.

WOS certainly presents another huge challenge. I know the Hawks will give every ounce of every effort to win. 

8 minutes ago, Whoyawit said:

But you guys have been hating LE for a LOOOONNNGG TIME.  I too am rooting for PG to bring it back to Texarkana.  Our rivalry with PG is just as contentious as it is with the Rabbs.   But know we are all one community.  GO HAWKS AND GET YOUR RINGS!!!

Haha yes we have. Atlanta/L-E rivalry is probably the most underrated in the area. Always a great, great game. I was standing on the goal line with Atlanta scored the game winning touchdown in 2006. L-E never lost again after that. 

5 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I don't think he like most others have really watched what PG does. The statement "If PG can stop the run" The have been up against some good rushing teams. That's really what's surprising most people  

I mean if someone says this or that team scores a lot of points Pleasant Grove holds them to two touchdowns for the game also if someone says this team runs for a lot of yards ,Pleasant Grove holds them to their lowest yardage for the year Pleasant Grove steps up and stops what other teams do well they've been doing it All year.

WOS certainly presents another huge challenge. I know the Hawks will give every ounce of every effort to win. 

I don't know if I don't consider the PG front 7 the best in 4A. Especially after watching Carthage struggle last night to stop the run, though I know La Vega had a great team. If not the best, I consider them 2nd, right below Carthage. 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Haha yes we have. Atlanta/L-E rivalry is probably the most underrated in the area. Always a great, great game. I was standing on the goal line with Atlanta scored the game winning touchdown in 2006. L-E never lost again after that. 

I was there too.  Atlanta and PG are to only two teams it HURTS to lose to. LOL   That is what rivalries are all about.  

2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

All anyone can do is play the team in front of them. Yes WOS has speed at QB and the Hawks have seen this plenty. Speed at QB is nice but what about taking them shots from the Grove I think if WOS relies on him to carry the ball alot he could get beat up. He just doesn't have enough size to take these PG players hits all game 

I guess they haven’t seen film of Melissa QB Brendon Lewis who is one of the best dual threat QB’s in Texas running for his life for 4 qtrs. I’ve got a feeling that the WOS reign is bout to meet its match next week. PG just plays the best Wing-T scheme I have ever seen in football, to many components to account for.

8 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

I guess they haven’t seen film of Melissa QB Brendon Lewis who is one of the best dual threat QB’s in Texas running for his life for 4 qtrs. I’ve got a feeling that the WOS reign is bout to meet its match next week. PG just plays the best Wing-T scheme I have ever seen in football, to many components to account for.

I looked at my friend sitting next to me and he looks at me and said oh wow. I was like what?!  He said we are going to be seeing that QB playing on Saturdays. I have to agree this kid is going to be rediculous as a Senior because he is already scary good as a sophmore. Melissa just needs a better supporting cast with him then look out!

• Like 1