Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final


Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Isn't that a daily occurrence for you right. I am sure you are used to it by now comes second nature. 

Man you have some kind of weird obsession with me!  I better  not catch you trying to look In my windows at night watching my kids!   the fact is you and others on here do not like facts! I'm just trying to point out the obvious and to try and make it as simple as possible but clearly That's way over your head!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hawks already winners By  Bill Owney  December 20, 2017 Four falls and half a summer ago, I had an epiphany. After interviews with Josh Gibson, the new coach of a team that wo

#DeflectGate

Smoaky’s 🤡zzzzz! GO 🦅

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Man you have some kind of weird obsession with me!  I better  not catch you trying to look In my windows at night watching my kids!   the fact is you and others on here do not like facts! I'm just trying to point out the obvious and to try and make it as simple as possible but clearly That's way over your head!

Not really I post a lot usually response for entertainment purposes

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CardinalsRedRed said:

Where can I watch this game live without going to AT&T? I won’t be able to attend this game like I did vs Graham but I want to watch and cheer on PG.

Dish Channel 412 on one of the many, but says Fox Sports SW.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stangx2 said:

Sorry, my friend. Just responding to someone saying WOS would be beaten because of being complacent. That is one thing our coaches do not allow. we would not be were we are if they did. I really didnt mean to rip you guys. Just saying how can you say that when you haven't been there. My apologies.

It’ll be alright, we’re happy to have visitors to SDC every year, especially during the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my two cents on this deal.

PG plays the type of ball that will give them a chance to win the game. They are very physical up front and will be MUCH larger up front than WOS. I hate the style of offense they play, but they are about as good at running it as anyone. The tempo in which they break the huddle, line up, and motion gives defenses problems when aligning. Proper alignment for WOS will be huge. Coach Thompson will surely have that defense prepared. There's not much that dude hasn't seen or prepared for over the years. PG's QB is, without question, the best QB in that area next to the dude from Carthage. You don't realize it because of the offense they run, but the kid can spin it as good as anyone. They also have 3 kids that can carry the ball that are as good as any. Defensively, PG has a very talented front seven. Secondary can be suspect at times. They locked down Graham, but that was more of an athlete issue on Grahams part than great secondary play by PG. 

On the WOS side, They are going to RUN the ball right at that front seven and make PG like it. QB is a baller, but cannot spin it very well. Very good up front on the offensive line. Extremely physical and aggressive. That WOS defense is as good as you will see in any of these games this weekend. They are not as large as they have been the past couple seasons, but very fast. It will certainly be the best defense PG has seen all year. It will also be the most speed on defense PG has seen all year and that is saying something knowing some of the teams they have played. PG is not going to be able to get the edge on these cats. WOS is going to make them bang it in between the tackles, which is exactly what they want. 

Honestly, I don't see very many points being scored in this game. It may end up being a very short game due to all the running by both offenses. I feel that which ever defense wears down towards the end of the contest will determine the games outcome. Also, which ever team loses the turnover margin WILL lose the game. This really looks like it is going to be the best game out of all the twelve title games this weekend. Enjoy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

Here's my two cents on this deal.

PG plays the type of ball that will give them a chance to win the game. They are very physical up front and will be MUCH larger up front than WOS. I hate the style of offense they play, but they are about as good at running it as anyone. The tempo in which they break the huddle, line up, and motion gives defenses problems when aligning. Proper alignment for WOS will be huge. Coach Thompson will surely have that defense prepared. There's not much that dude hasn't seen or prepared for over the years. PG's QB is, without question, the best QB in that area next to the dude from Carthage. You don't realize it because of the offense they run, but the kid can spin it as good as anyone. They also have 3 kids that can carry the ball that are as good as any. Defensively, PG has a very talented front seven. Secondary can be suspect at times. They locked down Graham, but that was more of an athlete issue on Grahams part than great secondary play by PG. 

On the WOS side, They are going to RUN the ball right at that front seven and make PG like it. QB is a baller, but cannot spin it very well. Very good up front on the offensive line. Extremely physical and aggressive. That WOS defense is as good as you will see in any of these games this weekend. They are not as large as they have been the past couple seasons, but very fast. It will certainly be the best defense PG has seen all year. It will also be the most speed on defense PG has seen all year and that is saying something knowing some of the teams they have played. PG is not going to be able to get the edge on these cats. WOS is going to make them bang it in between the tackles, which is exactly what they want. 

Honestly, I don't see very many points being scored in this game. It may end up being a very short game due to all the running by both offenses. I feel that which ever defense wears down towards the end of the contest will determine the games outcome. Also, which ever team loses the turnover margin WILL lose the game. This really looks like it is going to be the best game out of all the twelve title games this weekend. Enjoy

 

I agree with everything you said except the part about PG not being able to get he edges. They will get them one way or the other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I agree with everything you said except the part about PG not being able to get he edges. They will get them one way or the other. 

Size and strength will never beat speed to the edge.  WOS will be the much faster team.  

 

You negate speed by running right at it.  If PG keeps trying to set the edge They will stay way behind the chains

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Size and strength will never beat speed to the edge.  WOS will be the much faster team.  

I don't know how many times I've said the exact same thing, but PG is fast to the edges. You think there is no way they will get there and then you see their backsides as you're chasing them down the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

I don't know how many times I've said the exact same thing, but PG is fast to the edges. You think there is no way they will get there and then you see their backsides as you're chasing them down the field. 

Roberts and Garrett can get the edges on them. Just ask Golf

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

I don't know how many times I've said the exact same thing, but PG is fast to the edges. You think there is no way they will get there and then you see their backsides as you're chasing them down the field. 

I think what you’re seeing is their misdirection plays.  In all the different videos I saw of them most of their big plays they busted were on misdirection.  It’s design gets the defense flowing one way.  Then when they break free your not going to catch it.  It’s a good design.  

 

Going back to earlier posts claiming Atlanta as a faster team than WOS.  That may be true on a track.  There’s track speed and there’s football speed.  Most folks would agree with that.  I’ve seen WOS live a couple times through the years, it’s really impressive the football team speed they have.  This year seems no different.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I don't know how many times I've said the exact same thing, but PG is fast to the edges. You think there is no way they will get there and then you see their backsides as you're chasing them down the field. 

They haven't played anyone that is 1) this good on defense 2) this fast 3) as well coached 

Coach Thompson has been defending this offense since Josh Gibson has been alive...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Roberts and Garrett can get the edges on them. Just ask Golf

I think you will see the backs continuously turning the ball back into the middle of the field Friday.  If PG breaks any long runs they will be on misdirection

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Caloosa9955 said:

They haven't played anyone that is 1) this good on defense 2) this fast 3) as well coached 

Coach Thompson has been defending this offense since Josh Gibson has been alive...

I’ve stated it here already, he said they’ve seen it 26 times in 3 years

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason PG is able to get to the edge is because of the threat of the vertical passing game. The block the edge and the Safety has to run the alley to stop the speed sweep. When the Safety starts reacting to the speed sweep to quickly then the play action pass comes into play and the Safety is beat of the top on the vertical route. This is why PG gives people fits.

3 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

They haven't played anyone that is 1) this good on defense 2) this fast 3) as well coached 

Coach Thompson has been defending this offense since Josh Gibson has been alive...

 

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve stated it here already, he said they’ve seen it 26 times in 3 years

Nobody in SETX, that runs the Slot-T or the Wing-T, throw the ball as well as PG. If there is an issue for WOS, the passing game is the concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing everyone needs to look at is how WOS played Kennedale. Kennedale runs a very similar offense and has ALOT better kids than PG. Not taking anything away from PG, but if Kennedale can't score more than 21 on that defense.... PG won't either. Better play great defense and cause some turnovers. This game is not going to be about either offense. Big boy football...Defense is going to win this one

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

Here's my two cents on this deal.

PG plays the type of ball that will give them a chance to win the game. They are very physical up front and will be MUCH larger up front than WOS. I hate the style of offense they play, but they are about as good at running it as anyone. The tempo in which they break the huddle, line up, and motion gives defenses problems when aligning. Proper alignment for WOS will be huge. Coach Thompson will surely have that defense prepared. There's not much that dude hasn't seen or prepared for over the years. PG's QB is, without question, the best QB in that area next to the dude from Carthage. You don't realize it because of the offense they run, but the kid can spin it as good as anyone. They also have 3 kids that can carry the ball that are as good as any. Defensively, PG has a very talented front seven. Secondary can be suspect at times. They locked down Graham, but that was more of an athlete issue on Grahams part than great secondary play by PG. 

On the WOS side, They are going to RUN the ball right at that front seven and make PG like it. QB is a baller, but cannot spin it very well. Very good up front on the offensive line. Extremely physical and aggressive. That WOS defense is as good as you will see in any of these games this weekend. They are not as large as they have been the past couple seasons, but very fast. It will certainly be the best defense PG has seen all year. It will also be the most speed on defense PG has seen all year and that is saying something knowing some of the teams they have played. PG is not going to be able to get the edge on these cats. WOS is going to make them bang it in between the tackles, which is exactly what they want. 

Honestly, I don't see very many points being scored in this game. It may end up being a very short game due to all the running by both offenses. I feel that which ever defense wears down towards the end of the contest will determine the games outcome. Also, which ever team loses the turnover margin WILL lose the game. This really looks like it is going to be the best game out of all the twelve title games this weekend. Enjoy

 

Nice analysis! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I think what you’re seeing is their misdirection plays.  In all the different videos I saw of them most of their big plays they busted were on misdirection.  It’s design gets the defense flowing one way.  Then when they break free your not going to catch it.  It’s a good design.  

 

Going back to earlier posts claiming Atlanta as a faster team than WOS.  That may be true on a track.  There’s track speed and there’s football speed.  Most folks would agree with that.  I’ve seen WOS live a couple times through the years, it’s really impressive the football team speed they have.  This year seems no different.  

No, I wasn't talking about misdirection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

No, I wasn't talking about misdirection.

They do run a nice speed sweep with #2.  I just think it’ll be different results when the containment is there Friday, and he has to cut it up the field into the pursuit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...