Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

3 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

Pleasant Grove has played a tougher schedule than WOS.South Texas teams as a whole are not very good.The side of the bracket WOS comes out of every year there are so many bad teams.Wos Cuero Wimberley Liberty Hill are a few exceptions.

This right here is hilarious! Glad to see some humor in all of this! You still upset over that thrashing of Celina!

In case everyone hasn't noticed, because it seems some don't, OrangeThunder1 only posts that stuff to rile you guys up. He's literally picked PG by a lot every game since Celina, he just likes playing the salty role.

With that being said, I think PG wins by a score of something around 35-20. This will be the best offense WOS has faced all year. And yes, they're better than Kennedale. They also have a defense, a really good one. I'm thinking they come up with some stupid, corny name like "Better Chain Gang" or something to make themselves sound like a dominant force. Actually, I'll just take "PG's defense." It's proven itself enough to be just fine being called what it is. 

The only thing that worries me about WOS is the speed at QB. Mobile QBs have been known to give PG fits at times, if the pressure isn't able to get to him in time, and the WOS QB is FAST!!

Good luck Hawks! Bring the championship back to D7! I have no doubt you guys will take care of business!

1 hour ago, orangethunder1 said:

Pleasant Grove has played a tougher schedule than WOS.South Texas teams as a whole are not very good.The side of the bracket WOS comes out of every year there are so many bad teams.Wos Cuero Wimberley Liberty Hill are a few exceptions.

I guess you missed where they beat Kennadale who, by the way, will be playing next week as well.

I think it'll be a close game.  I would caution PG to not take WOS lightly.  And certainly don't expect your offense to throw up 40 points on the chain gang D.  Wimberly was Avg over 40 a game.  They only got 21, and those all in the first half.  Coach Surratt and his staff at Carthage are masters of halftime adjustments.  Coach Thompson at WOS is also a master of that.  

This appears to be one of the top games in the SC.  For that, both schools should be proud.  Naturally, I'm going with WOS.  They've won 40 in a row, and the last two SC's.  Better bring your A game.  Go Stangs.

2 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

This poll is Fake news😂

The poll is just a reflection of folks that envy the WOS streak and tradition.  I'm sure if they were betting big money, a lot of those folks picking PG would switch to WOS.  It's certainly not a realistic reflection of the outcome of the game, no matter who wins.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

All anyone can do is play the team in front of them. Yes WOS has speed at QB and the Hawks have seen this plenty. Speed at QB is nice but what about taking them shots from the Grove I think if WOS relies on him to carry the ball alot he could get beat up. He just doesn't have enough size to take these PG players hits all game 

31 minutes ago, REBgp said:

The poll is just a reflection of folks that envy the WOS streak and tradition.  I'm sure if they were betting big money, a lot of those folks picking PG would switch to WOS.  It's certainly not a realistic reflection of the outcome of the game, no matter who wins.

I think it's a direct reflection of the fact that week in, and week out, PG has had to listen to; how great other teams are, how good their QBs are, how they offenses average 60 ppg, how their defense is full of studs, how they're super fast, how they're undefeated, how they've beat opponents still in the playoffs, how they've been on this stage before, how they're more experienced than PG is. The constant number of reasons why PG won't win. NOBODY has faced the adversity that PG has this season as far as being underestimated, from myself including. Most all of us that aren't PG fans, have picked against them, or thought there was a hill too steep for them to climb. IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN CLOSE. The closest game was Gilmer, and I think that they're even glad they didn't have to meet PG again! Now they're faced with even more adversity. Another undefeated, this time it's the defending state champs. Does that mean I should pick against them, just because WOS has been here before? No. Not enough reason for me to pick against PG. They've been the most impressive team I have seen thus far this year, and I've seen a bunch, including Carthage. Not saying they're better than Carthage, but that would be a heck of a ball game.