The Smoakhouse Forums

Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hawks already winners By  Bill Owney  December 20, 2017 Four falls and half a summer ago, I had an epiphany. After interviews with Josh Gibson, the new coach of a team that wo

#DeflectGate

Smoaky’s 🤡zzzzz! GO 🦅

Posted Images

Hawks in a close one

2 hours ago, orangethunder1 said:

I don’t think so.PG is the better team 

Maybe some one trying to redeem themselves?? 

31 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Maybe some one trying to redeem themselves?? 

He might actually be right this time, would be hilarious if he is. 😂😂

I picked Pleasant grove by 3 we had a close game in gilmer but boy am I glad we didnt have to play them again in the play offs as I believe they got better every game and are at there peak right now. Get them hawks for our district we have a new respect for yall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

Pleasant Grove has played a tougher schedule than WOS.South Texas teams as a whole are not very good.The side of the bracket WOS comes out of every year there are so many bad teams.Wos Cuero Wimberley Liberty Hill are a few exceptions.

This right here is hilarious! Glad to see some humor in all of this! You still upset over that thrashing of Celina!

29 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

This right here is hilarious! Glad to see some humor in all of this! You still upset over that thrashing of Celina!

You even admitted last year that WoS coming out easier Region. It's not really that difficult

In case everyone hasn't noticed, because it seems some don't, OrangeThunder1 only posts that stuff to rile you guys up. He's literally picked PG by a lot every game since Celina, he just likes playing the salty role.

With that being said, I think PG wins by a score of something around 35-20. This will be the best offense WOS has faced all year. And yes, they're better than Kennedale. They also have a defense, a really good one. I'm thinking they come up with some stupid, corny name like "Better Chain Gang" or something to make themselves sound like a dominant force. Actually, I'll just take "PG's defense." It's proven itself enough to be just fine being called what it is. 

The only thing that worries me about WOS is the speed at QB. Mobile QBs have been known to give PG fits at times, if the pressure isn't able to get to him in time, and the WOS QB is FAST!!

Good luck Hawks! Bring the championship back to D7! I have no doubt you guys will take care of business!

1 hour ago, orangethunder1 said:

Pleasant Grove has played a tougher schedule than WOS.South Texas teams as a whole are not very good.The side of the bracket WOS comes out of every year there are so many bad teams.Wos Cuero Wimberley Liberty Hill are a few exceptions.

I guess you missed where they beat Kennadale who, by the way, will be playing next week as well.

I think it'll be a close game.  I would caution PG to not take WOS lightly.  And certainly don't expect your offense to throw up 40 points on the chain gang D.  Wimberly was Avg over 40 a game.  They only got 21, and those all in the first half.  Coach Surratt and his staff at Carthage are masters of halftime adjustments.  Coach Thompson at WOS is also a master of that.  

This appears to be one of the top games in the SC.  For that, both schools should be proud.  Naturally, I'm going with WOS.  They've won 40 in a row, and the last two SC's.  Better bring your A game.  Go Stangs.

2 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

This poll is Fake news😂

The poll is just a reflection of folks that envy the WOS streak and tradition.  I'm sure if they were betting big money, a lot of those folks picking PG would switch to WOS.  It's certainly not a realistic reflection of the outcome of the game, no matter who wins.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1