Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

12 minutes ago, batmaker02 said:

Why in the world would PG be running jet sweeps in this game when they hold the physical advantage on the Offensive line ? Yes, WOS is athletic, physical and load the box with 9 guys defensively so getting outside is not gone work early...but I can tell you haven't watched any game film on WOS. You just watching Chaka HIGHLIGHTS!! By the end of the 2nd quarter in there close games against running physical teams they get wore down.  I just watched a game in which they barely beat a team and by the end of the 2nd quarter they D Line had no push whatsoever, no penetration.  PG is gonna run right at them with a physical brand of football and wear them down and be satisfied with 4-5 yards runs on offense.  They have the O line and backs to do this!! As the game goes on into the 2nd half and WOS has taken a physical pounding in the trenches that's when the sweeps start to open up.  WOS biggest D lineman can't be no bigger than 230. Biggest!! How is that going to withstand a physical pounding when you go against physical, nasty 300 pounders that like to ruff you up??.  Plus some of WOS small D lineman start on the offensive line as well.  So you no bigger than 230 across the D line and you going both ways?? That physical pounding early will start to break the game open late as you start getting into the 2nd half.  Look at the Graham game. After the PG jet sweeps started to slack off against Graham what did PG do??  Line up and run right at them!! Graham was wore down but started to slow the sweeps...so PG ran right thru them!!  Batmaker02 alive and listening so don't get it twisted!!  Did you see WOS defensive ends?? They are no bigger than 160 pounds soak and wet.  Athletic and fast is all good and dandy, but at some point that pounding evens it out.  Offensively all they doing is looking for Chaka to break a long room.  Sort of like Pop Warner offense.  Give it to the fastest kid and let him beat you around the edge   They don't sustain 8-12 play drives.  They are quick strike and get points off special teams and good field position off turnovers. They have NO passing game just screens and use athletes to try and beat you. All these comics get on smoaky with ALL this analysis about what PG gone do and this sweep to this #kid or #so and so.  And this play and that play.  PG folks do it a lot!! They just talking smoke probably bout they kid anyway. This game will be won in the trenches so stop fooling yourself with your analysis.  WOS don't have the size of Tatum.  They gone send the house like Tatum did in the 2nd half and maybe more athletic BUT size matters!!  And don't start no Tatum talking #### cause I mentioned your team.

This has peaked my interest and I’m more excited to watch this game in person on Friday. 

I picked PG to win and want them to win, but if you’re saying the WOS line(s) will wear down in the second half I’m more excited PG may be able to pull this off. I’ve seen some prognostication from someone else whose opinions I respect and he says he’s thinking WOS will have an advantage with their speed and swarming to the ball.

I am just hoping for a really good game with the best of outcomes for PG.

25 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Dude, you  just gave away our element of surprise. Shame on you. But you are exactly right. 

You must haven’t seen the WOS head coach interview after the Wimberley game? Google the WOS vs Wimberley highlights that’s on you tube that’s about 4 1/2 minutes long and toward the end the WOS Head coach gives his take on the game. What PG gonna do is not a surprise. He is well versed in playing against Wing T offenses and states his has played against 26 wing t teams in the last 3 years. So he has seen it all and then some so WOS gonna be sure to take out the Jet sweep! Says comically PG wing slot-T is kinda special. Says that PG has speed. But he states in the interview “so do we”. No sweeps and tricks gone win the game for PG. WOS gone rally to the ball so forget about the jet sweeps. The jets are just part of the 1st 15 plays package the coach gone run at the beginning of the game to see how WOS responds and if they can contain it! I mean the game plan is easy even for lay person such as myself. If you got 300 pounders  why you running sweeps against a super fast team. You not gone get the edge anyway.

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This has peaked my interest and I’m more excited to watch this game in person on Friday. 

I picked PG to win and want them to win, but if you’re saying the WOS line(s) will wear down in the second half I’m more excited PG may be able to pull this off. I’ve seen some prognostication from someone else whose opinions I respect and he says he’s thinking WOS will have an advantage with their speed and swarming to the ball.

I am just hoping for a really good game with the best of outcomes for PG.

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Still the same ingredients and recipe though.  

That's where you are entirely wrong and my exact point. Not all pecan pies are made the same yet they are called by the same name. The players are different, with different skill sets, the order of operation is different and there is a few special ingredients that you may have never seen in a pecan pie before. Still a pecan pie though. I can wait for you all to taste it. MMM MMM GOOOOOOOOD! 

8 minutes ago, CF21 said:

That's where you are entirely wrong and my exact point. Not all pecan pies are made the same yet they are called by the same name. The players are different, with different skill sets, the order of operation is different and there is a few special ingredients that you may have never seen in a pecan pie before. Still a pecan pie though. I can wait for you all to taste it. MMM MMM GOOOOOOOOD! 

So you’re saying pecans are different?!  True.  You’re saying corn syrup can be made by different companies?  True. You’re saying you can use a homemade crust or a storebought crust?  True.

its still pecans, crust, syrup, etc.....

thats what im getting at.  Wos is familiar with the pecan pie recipe or the Slot T offense.  Sure, PG may have better athletes than the other 26 teams they’ve faced that ran it, but the fact they’re pretty schooled in the tendencies of the basic Slot T offense is good for their preparation.   As far as the added wrinkles (or as PGDad likes to call modifications), I’m sure WOS will be able to somewhat adjust.  Their resume makes me tend to believe their coaching staff may understand football sonewhat

3 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Whatever...I said it was modified, never said anything about blocking schemes. I know way more than I let on, plus, as stated above, I lie a lot.

I’m just giving you a hard time.  Don’t take anything I’ve said here personal.  I know you have two sons playing and are proud for/of them.  You should be proud....I know I’d be proud as a father.  All this is is discussion.  If PG wins by 1 or 59, I’ll be right here to congratulate the PG fans and kids!

1 hour ago, batmaker02 said:

Why in the world would PG be running jet sweeps in this game when they hold the physical advantage on the Offensive line ? Yes, WOS is athletic, physical and load the box with 9 guys defensively so getting outside is not gone work early...but I can tell you haven't watched any game film on WOS. You just watching Chaka HIGHLIGHTS!! By the end of the 2nd quarter in there close games against running physical teams they get wore down.  I just watched a game in which they barely beat a team and by the end of the 2nd quarter they D Line had no push whatsoever, no penetration.  PG is gonna run right at them with a physical brand of football and wear them down and be satisfied with 4-5 yards runs on offense.  They have the O line and backs to do this!! As the game goes on into the 2nd half and WOS has taken a physical pounding in the trenches that's when the sweeps start to open up.  WOS biggest D lineman can't be no bigger than 230. Biggest!! How is that going to withstand a physical pounding when you go against physical, nasty 300 pounders that like to ruff you up??.  Plus some of WOS small D lineman start on the offensive line as well.  So you no bigger than 230 across the D line and you going both ways?? That physical pounding early will start to break the game open late as you start getting into the 2nd half.  Look at the Graham game. After the PG jet sweeps started to slack off against Graham what did PG do??  Line up and run right at them!! Graham was wore down but started to slow the sweeps...so PG ran right thru them!!  Batmaker02 alive and listening so don't get it twisted!!  Did you see WOS defensive ends?? They are no bigger than 160 pounds soak and wet.  Athletic and fast is all good and dandy, but at some point that pounding evens it out.  Offensively all they doing is looking for Chaka to break a long room.  Sort of like Pop Warner offense.  Give it to the fastest kid and let him beat you around the edge   They don't sustain 8-12 play drives.  They are quick strike and get points off special teams and good field position off turnovers. They have NO passing game just screens and use athletes to try and beat you. All these comics get on smoaky with ALL this analysis about what PG gone do and this sweep to this #kid or #so and so.  And this play and that play.  PG folks do it a lot!! They just talking smoke probably bout they kid anyway. This game will be won in the trenches so stop fooling yourself with your analysis.  WOS don't have the size of Tatum.  They gone send the house like Tatum did in the 2nd half and maybe more athletic BUT size matters!!  And don't start no Tatum talking #### cause I mentioned your team.

Here's bat maker!! Took you a little longer but I never doubted!

I will admit, if the PG football team is as over confident as their fans, WOS may win this going away.  Based on the post on here, most of you seem to think simply throwing a PG jersey on the field will have the Mustangs running scared.  That won't happen.  I sincerely hope the Hawks don't start celebrating before the kickoff.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I will admit, if the PG football team is as over confident as their fans, WOS may win this going away.  Based on the post on here, most of you seem to think simply throwing a PG jersey on the field will have the Mustangs running scared.  That won't happen.  I sincerely hope the Hawks don't start celebrating before the kickoff.

Lol. Fans are fans. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Vice versa

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Lol. Fans are fans. 

Yes, I guess so.  I know they're excited.  I would be in their shoes.  Still, I'd temper my excitement with a little respect of a team with WOS record.  And as I posted earlier, I'll be happy for the Hawks to get that first SC, although I'm a homer & pulling for WOS.  It really should be a great game.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

WRONG!! Most are confident in this teams ability!! Most believe!! The players believe!! 

Ever since the playoffs I have told these boys I'm concerned and make sure you don't take these teams lightly etc: I'll quote these kids response when I'm worried about the opposition:

"We got this"   "HEART AND SOUL!"

I mistake these boys confidence for arrogance myself.. I try to bring them a little back down to earth! They won't let me!! They put in the work they trust each other and they believe! Even when I sometimes have doubts, they never do! Man I love these boys!