Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

orangethunder1

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

2 hours ago, batmaker02 said:

Why in the world would PG be running jet sweeps in this game when they hold the physical advantage on the Offensive line ? Yes, WOS is athletic, physical and load the box with 9 guys defensively so getting outside is not gone work early...but I can tell you haven't watched any game film on WOS. You just watching Chaka HIGHLIGHTS!! By the end of the 2nd quarter in there close games against running physical teams they get wore down.  I just watched a game in which they barely beat a team and by the end of the 2nd quarter they D Line had no push whatsoever, no penetration.  PG is gonna run right at them with a physical brand of football and wear them down and be satisfied with 4-5 yards runs on offense.  They have the O line and backs to do this!! As the game goes on into the 2nd half and WOS has taken a physical pounding in the trenches that's when the sweeps start to open up.  WOS biggest D lineman can't be no bigger than 230. Biggest!! How is that going to withstand a physical pounding when you go against physical, nasty 300 pounders that like to ruff you up??.  Plus some of WOS small D lineman start on the offensive line as well.  So you no bigger than 230 across the D line and you going both ways?? That physical pounding early will start to break the game open late as you start getting into the 2nd half.  Look at the Graham game. After the PG jet sweeps started to slack off against Graham what did PG do??  Line up and run right at them!! Graham was wore down but started to slow the sweeps...so PG ran right thru them!!  Batmaker02 alive and listening so don't get it twisted!!  Did you see WOS defensive ends?? They are no bigger than 160 pounds soak and wet.  Athletic and fast is all good and dandy, but at some point that pounding evens it out.  Offensively all they doing is looking for Chaka to break a long room.  Sort of like Pop Warner offense.  Give it to the fastest kid and let him beat you around the edge   They don't sustain 8-12 play drives.  They are quick strike and get points off special teams and good field position off turnovers. They have NO passing game just screens and use athletes to try and beat you. All these comics get on smoaky with ALL this analysis about what PG gone do and this sweep to this #kid or #so and so.  And this play and that play.  PG folks do it a lot!! They just talking smoke probably bout they kid anyway. This game will be won in the trenches so stop fooling yourself with your analysis.  WOS don't have the size of Tatum.  They gone send the house like Tatum did in the 2nd half and maybe more athletic BUT size matters!!  And don't start no Tatum talking #### cause I mentioned your team.

You guys are grasping for anything that makes you feel good.  What if I told ya "there is always next year"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chukslegacy said:

You guys are grasping for anything that makes you feel good.  What if I told ya "there is always next year"

Thanks for adding another catch phrase for my weekly state champions post. I'm going to start with "I know they lost because WOS wasn't as good as last year" and I'll throw in "There's always next year" in between my "I told ya so" posts.

6 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Thanks for adding another catch phrase for my weekly state champions post. I'm going to start with "I know they lost because WOS wasn't as good as last year" and I'll throw in "There's always next year" in between my "I told ya so" posts.

No if pg wins they ppl at wos will say hats off to you no excuses they are not like that, but what will u say if wos gets the 3 peat 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:24 AM, Eagleborn said:

IMO.... since we’re talking SOS...

You can’t compare opponents records for SOS... That’s just silly. Gotta look at those opponents. 

PG has clearly played a tougher schedule this season. 

Ridiculous homer thought process... lol

20 minutes ago, Jedi94 said:

That's not me, that's coach Thompson I didn't go to school there let alone afford all those rings, and the by way ESB is still the greatest star wars movie ever 

Yes, you are correct sir. ESB is the best...

24 minutes ago, Jedi94 said:

No if pg wins they ppl at wos will say hats off to you no excuses they are not like that, but what will u say if wos gets the 3 peat 

I'd probably say something nice and congratulatory but not really mean it and be burnt up on the inside for a long long long time.

7 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Ridiculous homer thought process... lol

How so? We all know SOS means dick, too many variables.

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Yeah, because if you play a bunch of teams that schedule #### teams and they win a lot of those game, your great opponents record means jack.

Yup.

On 12/18/2017 at 3:41 PM, Hawknation03 said:

LOL You know that moment when you feel like an ***? Don't worry Chuck ive missed on some research. However you know you were shocked when you saw the grove was leading that little stat.

I'm guessing this is more East Texan, math??? That's NOT a better win percentage...lol

3 hours ago, batmaker02 said:

Why in the world would PG be running jet sweeps in this game when they hold the physical advantage on the Offensive line ? Yes, WOS is athletic, physical and load the box with 9 guys defensively so getting outside is not gone work early...but I can tell you haven't watched any game film on WOS. You just watching Chaka HIGHLIGHTS!! By the end of the 2nd quarter in there close games against running physical teams they get wore down.  I just watched a game in which they barely beat a team and by the end of the 2nd quarter they D Line had no push whatsoever, no penetration.  PG is gonna run right at them with a physical brand of football and wear them down and be satisfied with 4-5 yards runs on offense.  They have the O line and backs to do this!! As the game goes on into the 2nd half and WOS has taken a physical pounding in the trenches that's when the sweeps start to open up.  WOS biggest D lineman can't be no bigger than 230. Biggest!! How is that going to withstand a physical pounding when you go against physical, nasty 300 pounders that like to ruff you up??.  Plus some of WOS small D lineman start on the offensive line as well.  So you no bigger than 230 across the D line and you going both ways?? That physical pounding early will start to break the game open late as you start getting into the 2nd half.  Look at the Graham game. After the PG jet sweeps started to slack off against Graham what did PG do??  Line up and run right at them!! Graham was wore down but started to slow the sweeps...so PG ran right thru them!!  Batmaker02 alive and listening so don't get it twisted!!  Did you see WOS defensive ends?? They are no bigger than 160 pounds soak and wet.  Athletic and fast is all good and dandy, but at some point that pounding evens it out.  Offensively all they doing is looking for Chaka to break a long room.  Sort of like Pop Warner offense.  Give it to the fastest kid and let him beat you around the edge   They don't sustain 8-12 play drives.  They are quick strike and get points off special teams and good field position off turnovers. They have NO passing game just screens and use athletes to try and beat you. All these comics get on smoaky with ALL this analysis about what PG gone do and this sweep to this #kid or #so and so.  And this play and that play.  PG folks do it a lot!! They just talking smoke probably bout they kid anyway. This game will be won in the trenches so stop fooling yourself with your analysis.  WOS don't have the size of Tatum.  They gone send the house like Tatum did in the 2nd half and maybe more athletic BUT size matters!!  And don't start no Tatum talking #### cause I mentioned your team.

Hmmmm  Okay #41

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, batmaker02 said:

Man you wasted a lot of time on your BS assessment... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PostMan101 said:

This thread is outrageous to say the least.  Been around sports my whole life, traveled the Great state of Texas watching many teams reach their milestone of being State Champions.  I have to say if I was a betting man I would put my money on WOS! #1 they have a winning tradition unlike PG until this year! #2 Coach Cornell Thompson IMO is the best Coach in the State. #3 speed in every position #4 their lateral pursuit on defense is unbelievable #5 WOS QB is dangerous for any defense #6 WOS special teams will kill you with BIG plays. I agree with most sportswriters that this will be a defensive game with the advantage going to WOS.. Sorry PG just telling it like it is!

Mr PostMan, how dare you bring a little reality to this thread... :)