The Smoakhouse Forums

Pleasant Grove vs WOS state final

Pleasant Grove vs WOS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (15-0) Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • (13-0) West Orange-Stark Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:00 PM

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hawks already winners By  Bill Owney  December 20, 2017 Four falls and half a summer ago, I had an epiphany. After interviews with Josh Gibson, the new coach of a team that wo

#DeflectGate

Smoaky’s 🤡zzzzz! GO 🦅

Posted Images

Congratulations to the PG team and fan base!! You have now obtain the title “ you are the man!”  Great coach you all have their. He is a humble man who put his team on a mission!  WOS was outmatched yesterday!  Again congrats on an unbelievable year!  Where is my plate of crow!!lol

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Congratulations to the PG team and fan base!! You have now obtain the title “ you are the man!”  Great coach you all have their. He is a humble man who put his team on a mission!  WOS was outmatched yesterday!  Again congrats on an unbelievable year!  Where is my plate of crow!!lol

Dude we are all out. We been serving it for 16 weeks 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Hey, you have to hand it to chukslegacy for showing up and congratulating Pleasant Grove on defeating the Mustangs. Lots of fans whose team loses huge games never show back up.

chuk talked a lot before this game too. chuk stepped up to the plate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot Hear em Growl. No doubt about it PG team was ready to play. Hope it’s not a one hit wonder. That Coach they have sure appears to be the Real thing. He knows where to give thanks!  Look forward to keeping my eyes on them next year. A lot of good athletes!

• Like 1
On December 21, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Golfingnut said:

First, I wasn't talking to him or to you, but just like you, he jumped into a conversation that didn't have anything to do with him. Second, I'll say it again, because evidently y'all only read what you want. My real name is under my screen name, but if you are using certain devices, your iPhone would be one, you can't see it, as there is also other info you can't see. Research, don't research, I don't care, but don't make statements you can't back up because you don't want to check it out first. 

I can see it on my Ipad. It is not "hidden". That implies an effort on her part to conceal it.

very few of us have our real names on our profile's view. Smoaky has a policy that prohibits people from naming people without their permission. 

So deal with it.

2 minutes ago, futfan said:

I can see it on my Ipad. It is not "hidden". That implies an effort on her part to conceal it.

very few of us have our real names on our profile's view. Smoaky has a policy that prohibits people from naming people without their permission. 

So deal with it.

There’s a few JA’s on this site that like to get personal.  Hopefully the mods have taken care of that.  

2 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Glad to see you come back for your after game session.

it means a lot to have someone so passionate for their own team, so sure they would succeed, come back and have to admit he underestimated the opposition.

The Mustang Dynasty is hardly over, as a long term situation. PG is indeed going to enjoy being "The Man" for a year.

WOS has a great Coach, but as the results show, Coach Gibson was up to the task, and as an overall team effort, were superior t

his game.

Credit where due is appreciated.

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Panola County

Ive actually have been looking there. Im tired of the hurricanes. Ive looked at Marshall and Tyler area but really dont know the area

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Stangx2 said:

Just wanted to say Congratulation to ya'll. Outstanding team. I definitely think ya'll were better but I wish we had a couple of plays back. Good luck and hopefully we will get ya'll next year. Excuse I need some wine for my crow. Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the Props. I am sure we had, a couple of plays we would like back, also.

in the end, we are just proud our boys are everything we knew that were.

3 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Ive actually have been looking there. Im tired of the hurricanes. Ive looked at Marshall and Tyler area but really dont know the area

I’d be tired of those hurricanes too. I like the Tyler area a lot and grew up in Panola County.

East Texas is where it’s at.

4 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Same here!  

• Like 1
Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’d be tired of those hurricanes too. I like the Tyler area a lot and grew up in Panola County.

East Texas is where it’s at.

Yeah the wind isnt bad, but when it floods it really has you trapped. I think the only reason people have not moved away is the  chemical plants that we have in the area.  Heck there even expanding them. 

2 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Dude we are all out. We been serving it for 16 weeks 

Idk about 16 weeks. Not all 16 teams thought they were going to beat PG lol. Ask me how I know.

15 hours ago, XMan said:

Well, If you look at the game in the trenches, you saw what the Chain Gang is famous for. Even PG's coach acknowledged that. 

The PG Coaches Did acknowledge the WOS defense was good, but in the trenches, they did not show what they are famous for, which was winning the game for their team by shutting down the other team.

They gave up 111 yards rushing, and 248 passing. The coaching genius of not being what WOS was expecting was key, showing they could do what Kennedale couldn't, which is pass. 

Props to the Chain gang for keeping their team in the game, and Chaka Watson for his stellar effort in the fourth, he had all PG eating Tums in the comeback, but in the end, experience and dynasty were not enough. 

The Hawks were everything we tried to tell everyone, and WOS was not ready.

13 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

Got any athletes? If so then look Tatum.. Athletic facilities are second to none.

1 minute ago, futfan said:

The PG Coaches Did acknowledge the WOS defense was good, but in the trenches, they did not show what they are famous for, which was winning the game for their team by shutting down the other team.

They gave up 111 yards rushing, and 248 passing. The coaching genius of not being what WOS was expecting was key, showing they could do what Kennedale couldn't, which is pass. 

Props to the Chain gang for keeping their team in the game, and Chaka Watson for his stellar effort in the fourth, he had all PG eating Tums in the comeback, but in the end, experience and dynasty were not enough. 

The Hawks were everything we tried to tell everyone, and WOS was not ready.

The Second half WOS Defense kept yall to 7points id imagine there was some halftime adjustments. But i missed the second half I had to work

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Idk about 16 weeks. Not all 16 teams thought they were going to beat PG lol. Ask me how I know.

Maybe not you, but these kids were doubted every week. Even in the playoffs and up to last night. We had doubters. “The only reason PG is doing well is because everyone else is down”. Even WOS Coach was saying that is a big reason they lost. 

We have one of the greatest young minds in coaching leading us, and his assistants are wonderful too. Doubters????  Yes. Starting in 7on7 amd ENDING last night. We beat the “man” 

26 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

With all this East Texas Talk I might have to by some land up there. Where is the best location?

Can't go wrong with a lot of places. Henderson , Tatum, Carthage , facility wise can't really go wrong. Small school Tatum probably at the top of the list . Big schools Longview ain't terrible. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Got any athletes? If so then look Tatum.. Athletic facilities are second to none.

My son is only 3 but is very big for his size, and I have another one on the way. lol We are looking to move, and i would like him to go to a good academic school, and good sports program. Little Cypress-Mauriceville program hasn't been good since probably 1997.Our last District Championship Scott Surrat and his DC, and I believe WT Johnson was all coaching at LCM. I don't think they will ever try to make our football program even an average.   I was looking at Katy and it's just to busy for me. I'm more of a country kind of guy. I hate to say this but My wife and I take trips to  north East Tx to get out of this area. But  any advice on a good safe location for a young family im all ears.