4AD-I Title Game: Kennedale vs Carthage

Aggie98

Kennedale vs Carthage  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-1) Kennedale Wildcats
    • (15-0) Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

Ready to make a score prediction - Dawgs win 50-35.  I believe the Dawg D will hold up nicely to the Kennedale rushing machine.  We will keep them under 400 yards of offense for the game but they will have some nice TD runs and maybe score once through the air.  The Dawg D will get 3 take always.  

Carthage O will continue to be unstoppable unless we stop ourselves.  Ingram & Colbert will both have over 100 yards rushing on the night and Capps will have 3 passing TD’s but most importantly 0 INT’s.  Carthage goes back to back for #6!

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Ready to make a score prediction - Dawgs win 50-35.  I believe the Dawg D will hold up nicely to the Kennedale rushing machine.  We will keep them under 400 yards of offense for the game but they will have some nice TD runs and maybe score once through the air.  The Dawg D will get 3 take always.  

Carthage O will continue to be unstoppable unless we stop ourselves.  Ingram & Colbert will both have over 100 yards rushing on the night and Capps will have 3 passing TD’s but most importantly 0 INT’s.  Carthage goes back to back for #6!

Sounds like fun.

Fact of the matter is that Kennedale hasn't seen the amount of athletes we will put on the field Friday all season. Safe to say we will not be out coached either. I'll take Scott Surratt and staff over ANY high school staff in the state. That being said I like my Dawgs to get ring #6.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I'm gonna tighten that up just a tad  & go with 42-31 Dawgs over Kennedale, Using absolutely  no scientific formulas at all; Gut feeling alone. 👌

I went to Chalk Talk today & Coach Surratt said the kicker for Kennedale is a very powerful weapon for them & won the Midlothian Heritage/Kennedale game in the closing seconds; I therefore now revise my prediction to 47-37 Dawgs win....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I went to Chalk Talk today & Coach Surratt said the kicker for Kennedale is a very powerful weapon for them & won the Midlothian Heritage/Kennedale game in the closing seconds; I therefore now revise my prediction to 47-37 Dawgs win....

He's a lefty with a big leg and he will put kickoffs 5 yds into the EZ. But, I think they missed a few XP's last week..... so I wouldn't call him automatic.

26 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

The 35 by K-dale sounds pretty realistic, unless we cause them to fumble  a few times, but heck I don't wanna even hazard to guess a score, last time I was wrong.  

We will most likely not shut them out/down completely.  They have a very good rushing attack.  So assuming they have at least 10 possessions, I’m saying they score on 5, commit turnovers on three, and punt the other two!

8 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I'll be interested to see how well Carthage's defense does against that Kennedale wing-tee. That's not an offense we see around here very often at the 4A level. 

The Dawg D will do just fine against Kennedale’s Wing-tee.  They will break some big runs and put up some points, but    not enough to win.

I went back and found a recap of Kennedale's only loss this season to WOS. Weird game. Kennedale outgained them 337 to 160, but was -4 in turnovers.... and 2 of them were inside their own 20. WOS had -102 yds due to bad snaps. WOS won 23-20 in OT.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Ya'll kinda worry me giving kennendale all these high scores.  Vega scored 39 and im guessing ken aint half as good as them.  Ive been wrong once before tho.  Dawgs by 3 tds

And the thing about LV's 39 is half of them were scored in the 4th quarter when Carthage was trying to just get the heck outta there. It was 31-20 going into the 4th, and outside of a few big plays Carthage D had dominated, given how good LV's offense has been this year. Carthage scored again and pushed it to 38-20. Then LV went into desperation mode and had 3 passing TD in the last 10 minutes of the game. I think the 39 is a little deceiving. I don't see anyway Kennedale can get close to that running the ball. 

1 hour ago, Aggie98 said:

I'll be interested to see how well Carthage's defense does against that Kennedale wing-tee. That's not an offense we see around here very often at the 4A level. 

Wouldn't say I was nervous, but I am a little anxious to see how Carthage handles an offense that they don't see.

43 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Ya'll kinda worry me giving kennendale all these high scores.  Vega scored 39 and im guessing ken aint half as good as them.  Ive been wrong once before tho.  Dawgs by 3 tds

Erring on the side of caution against an unknown opponent Carthage has zero history with... At this stage of the Playoffs, all bets are off; Kennedale is where they are because they have earned it. It would tickle me to be far off base...

The Dawg D has been amazing in every game and they will be dominate in this game. Those Dawgs can absolutely fly to the football and bring bone crushing hits when they get there. 

I still can’t figure out how the LV QB made it through that game. He got crushed on those pass plays. 

Two his TD passes were floating ducks in the fourth quarter because the Dawg D lit him up while releasing the ball. 

Dawgs by 14

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

On 12/17/2017 at 9:44 PM, CDAWG68 said:

What is your prediction, since you also voted for Kennedale in the poll? Just curious!

I think Carthage will have another sloppy game and have 3 turnovers...Kennedale gets the W with a field goal as time expires.

Kennedale 38

Carthage 35

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

cowboy, you missed the part where those floating ducks landed in our end zone. M wur sum good dux

You must not of seen what me and 5 thousand other Dawg fans saw. Two of those T D passes were floating balloons that should have been intercepted or at the very least knocked down. It worked because LV players were exceptional athletes. 

99 percent of those passes are picked off. I would love to see the film on those two plays. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You must not of seen what me and 5 thousand other Dawg fans saw. Two of those T D passes were floating balloons that should have been intercepted or at the very least knocked down. It worked because LV players were exceptional athletes. 

99 percent of those passes are picked off. I would love to see the film on those two plays. 

I saw the replay on both - inches.  But Got to give credit to LV for making the plays to keep it close.

5 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

You say that the Dawg D dominated ???? Really??  39 points against our defense doesn't sound like dominating.  I support our Dawgs but I'm also a realistic, well-grounded sort of person.  I hope our defense will go over their mistakes during the course of this week's practices and not let those happen again in the state championship game.  

Watch the replay. They had all there yards on about 5 plays. Carthage stuffed the run over and over and over. Had them in so many 3rd and 4th downs it was ridiculous. I understand they gave up yards. But they had only scored 20 points with 8:23 left in the game. And I said dominated based on what LV had been doing to teams. Carthage was trying to hang on to a lead, and LV was in desperation mode and threw up some ducks for TD. 2 of which were on 4th down. You guys need to do less posting and more watching what actually happens. I get tired of a buncha guys looking at the box score and trying to come up with something to post. 

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Just FYI you cannot dominate someone when you gave up 300 yrds rushing. Had carthage not got the 21 pt lead and Ingram saved their season with that TD run we wouldn't be even having this discussion. Also Henderson game we stopped ourselves with turnovers giving a very good team a short field in which y'all took advantage of. 

You don't have a clue. Carthage was playing to preserve the lead. They made a come back in the 4th. It was 38-20 in the 4th quarter. Carthage trying to run the clock out and hold onto the lead. I wouldn't say Ingram saved our season. That is almost laughable.