Aggie98

Kennedale vs Carthage  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-1) Kennedale Wildcats
    • (15-0) Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

41 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

That's a very assignine statement to make......especially considering John Copeland was leading the Argyle Eagles to an undefeated season before his season-ending injury.  Just be happy with your season and leave Argyle out of it.  You have no proof of your statement.  In fact, Argyle may have given Carthage a better game even without Copeland at the helm.  The loss to Stephenville was on the last play with 2 missed field goals that were normally made.  It was just a bad outing that the team had at the wrong time.....that's all.  Argyle's scheme would have been a better matchup vs Carthage, IMHO......and for the fans.

We wouldve beat yall by 3 tds too.  Now, wheres my vape?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bmoc said:

I would hold off at least a year and see how he does when he is not surrounded by a boat load of super stars. Might not come as easy for him next year. 

Great qb. I don' care what he does next yr. Mechanics are great quick release and great touch.  I bet he'll have enough around him next yr.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

Great qb. I don' care what he does next yr. Mechanics are great quick release and great touch.  I bet he'll have enough around him next yr.

Even with an SC MVP job security at the qb spot might not necessarily be a sure thing with some of the young talent coming up

19 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

So............is this the best team Carthage has ever had?

In my opinion; This is the most Complete team Surratt has fielded since he came here.... And that is Saying ALOT!👌

I'll go even further & say this team is Better than The 1991 team which also was stacked....

On 12/19/2017 at 8:33 AM, trueblue32 said:

We coughed up the ball 4 times, gave up 300 plus yards and 39 points and it doesn't matter how clumsy or goofy those LV passes looked, they still landed in the end zone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can just hear Coach Surratt saying..."That's just not smart football." 

7 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

In my opinion; This is the most Complete team Surratt has fielded since he came here.... And that is Saying ALOT!👌

I'll go even further & say this team is Better than The 1991 team which also was stacked....

You are correct, this was the best Dawg team that Carthage has had. 

They dominated every team they played this year. 

LV gave the Dawgs a game because of self inflicted turnovers, but, the Dawgs proved in that game how truly amazing they really were. 

Wow!! That is all you can say. 

On 12/19/2017 at 9:20 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

Back in week two we got into a short lived discussion comparing Capps to some of the great Dawg QB’s of the past.  We all said it’s not fair to compare him in just a few varsity starts to those QB’s that had went on to win one or more SC’s.  We are about a week away from getting to rehash that discussion.  

Last Fri was not Capps best game, but we have to remember he is still learning to perfect the Surratt offense and make Surratt type decisions in a nanosecond at game speed.  And did I mention the LV defense was pretty good.  He’s still learning even after 15 games but anyone that has watched all 15 games can see his maturation in the position.  I think he has done exactly what Surratt asked him to this year.  I expect he will do what Surratt asks him to Fri morning and will QB his team to an undefeated state championship.  Then we can start comparing him to the great QB’s in Dawg folklore and look at stat vs stat.  The best part is he has another year left!

Let the comparisons begin.......

34 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Let the comparisons begin.......

IMO, Morgan and Bogenschutz are the two front runners by far.  I believe they were able to win a SC with less weapons surrounding them in addition to the fact that their overall qb stats are pretty impressive.  Davis, Blackshire, and Capps can all be grouped together as a second tier of SC quarterbacks.

33 minutes ago, ndn99 said:

IMO, Morgan and Bogenschutz are the two front runners by far.  I believe they were able to win a SC with less weapons surrounding them in addition to the fact that their overall qb stats are pretty impressive.  Davis, Blackshire, and Capps can all be grouped together as a second tier of SC quarterbacks.

Bogenschutz was the best leader. He definitely had weapons, including the all time rushing leader in Carthage football history. I'd say Blackshire was the best. Blackshire did not come up in Surratt's system like the others and had to learn on the go. Also, he did what he did with a torn ACL(if it wasn't torn, it was still messed up to the point he needed surgery at the end of the season.) the whole season. 

Just now, ctown81 said:

Bogenschutz was the best leader. He definitely had weapons, including the all time rushing leader in Carthage football history. I'd say Blackshire was the best. Blackshire did not come up in Surratt's system like the others and had to learn on the go. Also, he did what he did with a torn ACL the whole season. 

Great points.   I completely forgot about Blackshire's injury that he played with most of the season.  

Gotta give the #1 spot to Morgan because he earned 2 championships while playing QB.