Aggie98

Kennedale vs Carthage  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-1) Kennedale Wildcats
    • (15-0) Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

56 minutes ago, ndn99 said:

You can't make a top 5 list without leaving some really good ones out!  

I would go with, in no particular order:

Bayless, Briggs, D. Smith, H. Holland, and of course K. Ingram

I’m going to go with in no particular order:

Bayless

Briggs 

Ingram

Smith

Beachum

Followed closely by Jamon Edwards, Hunter Holland, Marlon Bolton 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I tried to post a video of the Kennedale team laughing and saying what they were going to do to the Dawgs. It was really funny because someone had added a dog making faces every time they said what they were going to do. 

The post was blocked. I hope y’all can see it on Facebook, it is funny. 

My buddy and I joked about big 72 all week. Got a chance to meet him and his parents at Razoos. Comes from a good family and will be studying to become a mechanical engineer. I just chalk it up to teenagers thinking they're invincible and not knowing what they were getting themselves into with the dogs.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Who can list the offensive & defensive MVP’s for each of the six SC wins?

O8' Off Smith / Def Kyle Deaton??

09' Morgan?? / Deshun Williams

10' Morgan / Kendall Thompson

13' Bogie / Mario McCain

16' Ingram / Austin Russell

17' Capps / Mykel Gates

Not sure about the 08' Def MVP or the 09' Off MVP.

Note: Just looked it up Caleb Lavey from Celina won the Def MVP in 08'. Still not sure about 09'. 

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

My buddy and I joked about big 72 all week. Got a chance to meet him and his parents at Razoos. Comes from a good family and will be studying to become a mechanical engineer. I just chalk it up to teenagers thinking they're invincible and not knowing what they were getting themselves into with the dogs.

They were probably just extremely excited about making it to their program’s first state championship game, and understandably so. Kennedale has been building for the last five years, and finally made it to the title game. 

At the same time, if you’re Kennedale and about to play an undefeated defending state champion you’d do better to come into the game as quietly as possible and only say positive things about the opponent.

As an underdog you don’t want to do anything that’ll give the other team even more reason to come in ready to play.

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I tried to post a video of the Kennedale team laughing and saying what they were going to do to the Dawgs. It was really funny because someone had added a dog making faces every time they said what they were going to do. 

The post was blocked. I hope y’all can see it on Facebook, it is funny. 

I seen it earlier, cried laughing til my face hurt. 😂

• Like 1

Keaontay Ingram, George Johns, Dwight Smith, (tie) Roscoe Tatum & Johnny Balous, Kris Briggs, (tie) Tevin Pipkin & Hunter Holland, Jason Edwards

Ingram is the most complete back.

Johns had vision, speed and would run over you.

Smith had vision, speed and good footwork.

Tatum had speed and could cut on a dime.

Balous was tough to bring down and had top end speed.

Briggs could tote the ball 30+ times a game and not get tired, tough and had runner

Pipkin was a good runner not as fast as the others and not as good vision as others.

Holland was a baller. Not blazing speed but pound for pound could get the job done in big games. 

Edwards was shifty, had start and top end speed. 

2 hours ago, chikinhawk said:

Keaontay Ingram, George Johns, Dwight Smith, (tie) Roscoe Tatum & Johnny Balous, Kris Briggs, (tie) Tevin Pipkin & Hunter Holland, Jason Edwards

Ingram is the most complete back.

Johns had vision, speed and would run over you.

Smith had vision, speed and good footwork.

Tatum had speed and could cut on a dime.

Balous was tough to bring down and had top end speed.

Briggs could tote the ball 30+ times a game and not get tired, tough and had runner

Pipkin was a good runner not as fast as the others and not as good vision as others.

Holland was a baller. Not blazing speed but pound for pound could get the job done in big games. 

Edwards was shifty, had start and top end speed. 

You're forgetting Boo Beachum, Marlon Bolton,  Darren Collins and Kemmy Henderson. No doubt we have had a long list of great backs. 

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I was looking at some stuff and I just didn't remember how many yards Dwight and Hunter actually ran for. Both them pretty much played 1 year only. Holland ran for 2,604 in 10' and Smith ran for 2,820 in 08'. Good lawd. 

And smith got those yards only playing about 2 quarters in alot of games.  Probably couldve run for over 5k playing 4 quarters.  As far as ranking all the past dawg rb's im guessing there are no less than 10 that todays coaching staff would call "special."