Should instant replay and challenge flags be added to state title games?

ctown81

The short answer is  No,  the longer answer is  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!   But here is a bigger question for ya,  pros/cons.  Age cutoffs for Refs.  When I go to H.S. games over the last few years, after I look at the kids.......size, speed, athleticism, etc., my eyes go to the Refs.  Let me start by saying its not an easy job and thankless to most/if not all butts in the seats.  They must no the calls, make the calls, and the bigger concern for me is work well together and DON'T BE OUT OF POSITION when making the calls.   The facts are......... middle age, out of shape men trying to keep up with (22) young men age 15-18 running around them is laughable, to say the least, especially when yellow laundry comes flyin in well after the end of some plays.The biggest concern for me is......Where are the 30-40 year old new- blood/next generation guys to push out the guys mentioned above!!!????    There is umpteen answers to this question, so chime in boys, let me hear from you.  Hears one for you........how about the best guys in the biggest games, in theory sounds great, but in the real world of a good'ol boy network, I wonder if that is TRULY the case??    In conclusion, seem to me that the  REFFIN profession is a dyin breed or shrinkin as I speak, chime in gang.

There were several threads on this topic earlier in the season so here are several thoughts to points made thus far 

1) replay should be used for the SC’s.  They are all in Jerry World, they are all televised, and all they would really need to do would be to hire replay officials from the Area to cover the games.  If they are going to slow mo replay on the Jumbo TV they can correct anything that needs to be corrected. 

2) the process at that venue wouldn’t be complicated and the officials really wouldn’t have to have that much knowledge of the process as the college replay official could take most of that burden.  

3) replay at every school in Texas is impossible..  D2/d3 teams only use replay during the semifinals and finals because it is EXPENSIVE to implement.  You would have to have in house TV production at every school, there are at least 4 additional bodies that are needed outside that for working the replay system itself, one of which at every stadium would be a replay official that would have to actually know what is and what isn’t reviewable.

4) the entire organization that covers football is aging and not being replaced at a rapid enough pace to keep up with the ever increasing number of schools that need to be covered or even to really maintain current demand.  There are a myriad of factors that have led to this, but the bottom line is that the younger generations in general don’t see it as something they want to do in their free time.  You could make as much $ going to work at Buccee’s a few nights a week, be inside, not have people yelling at you, many times for no good reason, etc etc..

5) if you are concerned about the quality and fitness of the officials in ANY sport, I am pretty sure that there is an open door for you to join and show all of those folks that do go out there and subject themselves to your ridicule how it’s done.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Not sure why anyone would say no.

Unless you all are fans of unfair called games?

Nope, just fans of the game as it is.

Not fans of 5 minute delays where we still don’t have a good view of what happened so everyone is still #### at the call. Or overturning a brilliant catch because someone thinks they saw the ball roll in his hands as he was going to the ground. They don’t have replay all year. There’s 7 referees out there. Let em work.