Rockdale vs. Brock - 3A D1 State Championship

Tigers89

Rockdale vs Brock  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (12-3) Rockdale Tigers
    • (13-2) Brock Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2017 at 08:30 PM

9 minutes ago, Tigers89 said:

The Tigers playoff resumé speaks for itself. Not taking anything away from Brock, but to say the Tigers are giving up a “bunch of points” doesn’t really hold alot of weight in your favor. These were teams whose offenses were putting up very good numbers throughout the entire season. The Tiger defense has actually been playing much better in the playoffs if we’re being honest. 

I agree after the franklin game rockdale has turned into a different monster and dont see anyone stoping them

• LOL! 1

Just now, Coach0001 said:

My black and gold Tigers scored 33 on them.

I think that the Blue Tigers would agree that was the most complete other Qb they have played against  Brock qb play is not at that level 

Yeah Brock QB is not elite when it comes to passing. More like 2013 Cisco QB, would much rather run it. Can still make good passes. 

3 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Not really we beat them with our back up qb... The best way to beat them is to slow down the qb from running the ball and make everyone else make plays.

You beat them on your home field

I was told although they made no excuses that Locklin was sick before your game 

Regardless since that game they have played at a different level 

29 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Number 15 padraza for franklin had the stomach bug and scored 4 tds which is our best player so both teams had their best player sick.... Our guy even threw up in the end zone

29 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Cant make that excuse if both teams had players sick also both had more than one guy sick... Franklin had the advantage bc they played at home and its hard to beat franklin in franklin so i will give you that

20 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Brock can throw the ball. They have a big and strong TE, 6'6 235. Saw that Rockdale has a big TE too, will be interesting to see how Brock will do against him. After watching more film I'll take back my earlier prediction. Rockdale QB will get his, but other players will have to step up big. One player will not beat Brock. I'll say Brock 35-28, going to be a really fun game to watch!

If Brock counting on the TE to be their  passing game against Rock they are in trouble. Rock likes to blitz them line backers and create havoc especially on passing plays. Mighty Brock only hope is Rock has a off day or Miller just gets out coached and don't think that gonna happen. Rock is  a hot team. They can do no wrong.

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

If Brock counting on the TE to be their  passing game against Rock they are in trouble. Rock likes to blitz them line backers and create havoc especially on passing plays. Mighty Brock only hope is Rock has a off day or Miller just gets out coached and don't think that gonna happen. Rock is  a hot team. They can do no wrong.

Lmao man y'all are gonna be in for a surprise 

18 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

How's Rockdale D-Line? Another matchup I'm looking forward to seeing. Brock O-Line is enormous, heard that Teague' s was too and y'all had no problems with them. 

The way I’d label them is scrappy. They’ve been tested all postseason with big O-Line’s (West, Teague and especially Yoakum), and have stood their ground in order to get the job done. They’ve come a long way since the first couple weeks of the season. 

Going with the Tigers here. I have a different attitude towards Cameron's neighbor come playoff time...Hope they can win this for their themselves, their town and coach Miller staff.

I will say that a lot of people are underestimating Brock. This team is so well coached and so disciplined that if you let them play their game, they will wear you out mentally and physically. 

Look forward to a good one! Bring the title to R3 and Milam County Tigers!

only thing brock has going for themselves is that they have been to jerryworld and won. part of that was traion smith getting injured but they have been to the big dance. i can see rockdale being a little gunshy early but they are to explosive and griitty on defense especially againts the run

57 minutes ago, K1nG said:

only thing brock has going for themselves is that they have been to jerryworld and won. part of that was traion smith getting injured but they have been to the big dance. i can see rockdale being a little gunshy early but they are to explosive and griitty on defense especially againts the run

Also getting to play there last week will help I believe. Not gonna have that big stadium shock. 

Nice video. Brock hands Trinity Christian only loss of the season. Don't know if Locklin is better than deon Sanders son but I'm ready to find out. Trinity Christian RBs are definitely better than Rockdales, with one who has offers from LSU, Ohio State, Washington, USC, Notre Dame, Stanford. The other from TCU, A&M, SMU. Dont think Rockdale will have near the success on the ground as last week. Crawford is the one I'm worried about, looks like a great talent and I'm excited to see him play. That way when I'm watching him at OU I can say I saw him lmao.