Interesting Read About Budget Cuts + Raises

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

JV_Coach take the high road.  Anyone who dedicates their life to better our kids is not useless or unnecessary, regardless of whether they are an AD or and Aide.  This story was published to divide.  Don’t let it!

I have seen to many good people (aka teacher aids)  been taking advantage of by school districts to not say something to one who disrespects their hardwork

• Thanks 1

WOW! Just reading through some of this just curious, can I get a job at where some of you work so I can sit around a post all day and night? lol

And what about someone disrespecting teacher aids? smh

It all comes down to this, if the taxpayers agree with the raise well i'ts a done deal in CISD PERIOD! If they don't, they can make some changes come next re-election cycle in the school board.

I know this, he can make a phone call today and leave there with nothing but dust behind him. He's that good at being a football coach.

On a side note, I look for someone like Todd Rogers at Argyle to hold them 9 (his school board) to the fire now. They are both AD's and it's not even close to who wins the Lone Star Cup every year. In other words, I think it will open the floodgates.

16 hours ago, chikinhawk said:

He was given raise in February and voted on by the School Board and approved by Superintendent,,, BEFORE,,, BEFORE the funding was taken away by that Scumbag Lt. Governor Dan Pantrick at the end of the Special Session!!! We, all CISD Tax Payers and other School Districts that we’re going to POSSIBLY loose ASATAR Funding, were told that the State of Texas was going to fix the problem on Public Education Funding, related to ASATAR Funding. Is was not until May that ASATAR Funding may not continue for these school districts. As the article stated, State Public Education Funding has been going down the last 10 years, really the last 25 years.

To make a long story short,,, Dan Patrick is a BIG school choice and school voucher supporter. The reason behind that is, because he own’s a Publishing Compnay that would have been awarded the contract to print the text books for them!

The Lt. Governor of the State of Texas has more power the the Governor of the State of Texas. The  Lt. Governor controls what bills will make it to the Senate floor to be voted on,,, he didn’t allow a Senate backed House Bill that would have fixed ASATAR Funding to Senate Floor to be voted on because the House shot down a bill that funded a School Voucher Program. Dan Patrick is a snake in the grass,,, until we vote for someone else at that position,,, we will not get the problem solved as far as Public Education Education Funding. 

CISD didn’t make the cuts to staff, aids, School Police Officer who was a lazy bumb anyways and teacher insurance until the summer after school was out. We had to do what we had to do considering the situation we were in. I can assure you that CISD did not want to cuts those jobs nor did I.

Mrs.Ewings is nothing but an instigator like her dad and a liar. They were only protesting the elimination of the CISD Police officer and the Superintendent,,, with about 6 people protesting.  They have always, so called Protested, anything and everything CISD has done the last 25 years. Those people are a bunch of hypocrit’s,,, I guarantee you they will be at AT&T Stadium on Friday cheering on Carthage and the Coaches. 

Do I think that Surratt is worth the salary that he has and the raise that he got,,, you darn right he is. 

Eagleborn, I’m kind of surprised of your comment considering that Tatum is in the same boat that we are in and that your former Superindent was paid over $200,000+ a year. Was he not worth that amount? I guess he was not a hard worker since he was making more than any other Superintendent in East Texas,,, heck, some Superintendents in DFW/Houston didn’t make that much. 

All the naysayers need ro read this post, this person knows what they are talking about......  primary out Dan Patrick he is a killing our schools.

7 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

We had a larger school when I was In School here and had very few aids and no bus monitors.  Aides are not under paid.  That job can’t be paid more it’s a minimum wage job.  You must be the ones that are for 12$ an hour minimum wage.  Aides take the job knowing what they will make.  Just like we all do.  That why I can’t stand people saying I should make more.  You took the job knowing what it paid no one twisted our arm.

Sir you are clueless, aides make about 1200 a month gross, they are required to do everything from early bus duty, to changing diapers on self contained  disabled kids, and other things i dare say you probably wouldn't. So please dont knock the people that are very important to everyday running of a school.

34 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

By all means, tell us what is correct. 

1st thing i will bet you Carthage makes more than 10k on a home game gates, place is usually packed, and prob get close to that if not more from each of the 1st 5 playoff games, then get you another 30k for a state, will pay for buses and meals for playoff games, and the few other expenses that come with them. Why do you and lsu think it adds more than what it brings in, coaches , band director arent getting overtime... I just know the impact from playoff games is significant when it comes to budgets. 

5 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

Dude, you are talking from a point of ignorance when it comes to teacher aides. 

23 minutes ago, coachlangley said:

Sir you are clueless, aides make about 1200 a month gross, they are required to do everything from early bus duty, to changing diapers on self contained  disabled kids, and other things i dare say you probably wouldn't. So please dont knock the people that are very important to everyday running of a school.

I understand that,  they took he job.  When it was offered they knew the pay and they knew the duties.  So when you agree to take 1200 a month for all those duties you are saying you should get more money but you agreed to that pay.  If they were offered 2500 and the. Paid 1200 that would be wrong.  I will never understand the notion that you are under paid when you chose the job.  Go find another job is 1200 isn’t enough.  It’s not a knock I have friends that are aides my nephews mom is an aide.  

59 minutes ago, coachlangley said:

Thats not even close to correct.

2 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

I have seen to many good people (aka teacher aids)  been taking advantage of by school districts to not say something to one who disrespects their hardwork

I haven’t said one word about how hard or not hard they work. I never said they were useless that’s you words.  I said they are at the bottom and when our district was larger we had less than they do now.  We didn’t have bus monitors.  So you are twisting words.

13 minutes ago, coachlangley said:

1st thing i will bet you Carthage makes more than 10k on a home game gates, place is usually packed, and prob get close to that if not more from each of the 1st 5 playoff games, then get you another 30k for a state, will pay for buses and meals for playoff games, and the few other expenses that come with them. Why do you and lsu think it adds more than what it brings in, coaches , band director arent getting overtime... I just know the impact from playoff games is significant when it comes to budgets. 

I think that? 

13 minutes ago, coachlangley said:

Don’t forget about the 4 playoff games that Carthage hosted at Bulldog Stadium this year.

1 hour ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

I understand that,  they took he job.  When it was offered they knew the pay and they knew the duties.  So when you agree to take 1200 a month for all those duties you are saying you should get more money but you agreed to that pay.  If they were offered 2500 and the. Paid 1200 that would be wrong.  I will never understand the notion that you are under paid when you chose the job.  Go find another job is 1200 isn’t enough.  It’s not a knock I have friends that are aides my nephews mom is an aide.  

It is what the job pays starting out, .any take the job for the insurance, or used too, Dan and the legislature have screwed that up too. Many are ladies who take it as a second job to work the same hours as kids. Regardless odlf the reason they take the job, it is a tough job and they are far from useless. Paraprofessionals are a needed piece of the puzzle in what makes a school district.

23 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

If Carthage wins Friday none of this will matter.  If they loose the #### will hit the fan.  That being said I bet Carthage wins.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, nothing will come of this whole fiasco because it’s OLD NEWS.  Win or lose Surrat will have his 4 QB’s in his office on Jan 3rd studying film preparing for 2018.  Same thing he did this Jan after we won #5 last December.  I think it’s past time to bury this thread and move on.

28 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

If Carthage wins Friday none of this will matter.  If they loose the #### will hit the fan.  That being said I bet Carthage wins.

Yeah, the previous 5 championships will all be erased if he doesn’t win Friday. They’ll prolly not even let him on the bus back.

But let's not forget, it isn't just his salary you have to factor in. What are the number of coaches in staff, base pay at What $38/40K for 1st yr@15 coaches. Ton of money spent. What percentage of scholarship students graduate with their degree versus don't. If we are going to buy State Championships, then let's get it out of the public education bank account, and go straight pay to play.

5 minutes ago, justluvfb said:

But let's not forget, it isn't just his salary you have to factor in. What are the number of coaches in staff, base pay at What $38/40K for 1st yr@15 coaches. Ton of money spent. What percentage of scholarship students graduate with their degree versus don't. If we are going to buy State Championships, then let's get it out of the public education bank account, and go straight pay to play.

Here we go, now buying state championships...smdh.

21 minutes ago, justluvfb said:

They are teachers...