Interesting Read About Budget Cuts + Raises

Eagleborn

On 12/20/2017 at 6:53 PM, justluvfb said:

But let's not forget, it isn't just his salary you have to factor in. What are the number of coaches in staff, base pay at What $38/40K for 1st [email protected] coaches. Ton of money spent. What percentage of scholarship students graduate with their degree versus don't. If we are going to buy State Championships, then let's get it out of the public education bank account, and go straight pay to play.

Uh, you do know their salary starts with teaching and then their coaching stipends are added after that,  I may be wrong but your post implies their base pay is for coaching. Other than coordinators stipend are not huge and not know what theirs are but nothing like you imply.

• Like 1

On December 19, 2017 at 8:35 PM, BuckNut said:

I know how he could get a 70k raise and still live in East Texas.  He could go coach SFA he would do great there and would be pushing 300 k in 4 or 5 years in beautiful East Texas.  Plus I would love going to Jack games.

SFA might accidentally pay him to much for your liken! 

• LOL! 1

On 12/20/2017 at 8:55 AM, Eagleborn said:

That superintendent not there no more. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, but y’all keep giving him raises to keep him at Tatum,,, because he utilized the system that was in place to pass Bonds and keep tax payer money in TISD. What’s the difference in keeping (saving) money and making money? That’s what I think Surratt does, make some money with a winning program all around at CISD. 

I heard the attendance for Carthage and Kennedale was over 18,000 people,,, so I will use 18,000 and just use $10 for a ticket, even though some were at $15, that brings the total too $180,000. The UIL gets, I think 20% of ticket sales at the gate, that equals $36,000. So that gets us to $144,000. I’m gonna go ahead and take another 30% off of that, that brings up too $100,800. Divide that by 2 for each school and that is what they get for gate admission for state championship game,,, that $50,400 for each school. It is probably more for each school. Then you have to figure in all the other playoff game gate admission. 

1 hour ago, chikinhawk said:

I heard the attendance for Carthage and Kennedale was over 18,000 people,,, so I will use 18,000 and just use $10 for a ticket, even though some were at $15, that brings the total too $180,000. The UIL gets, I think 20% of ticket sales at the gate, that equals $36,000. So that gets us to $144,000. I’m gonna go ahead and take another 30% off of that, that brings up too $100,800. Divide that by 2 for each school and that is what they get for gate admission for state championship game,,, that $50,400 for each school. It is probably more for each school. Then you have to figure in all the other playoff game gate admission. 

Tickets were $14 at the Bulldawg Stop & $15 at Jerryworld. So, you probably need to start at $261,000 not $180,000. UIL gets their cut bringing it down to $208,000 divided by two gets us to $104,000 for each school. Then say the hotel stay Thursday night cost CHS $10,500 and a few meals cost another $5,000 and diesel for the buses from Carthage to Arlington and back cost $2,500 that comes to $18,000 for the trip. $104,000 - $18,000 = $86,000 profit to CHS.

Then does the UIL gift CHS another $34,000+ check for winning state like they did last year??

Gets you to $120,000 profit for winning a state championship.... Those costs are pure guesstimate and y’all think meals would actually cost $5,000???... Nah. Would the hotel for one night really cost $10,500???... Nah. Super inflated the costs to be conservative on the profit. 

On 12/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, coachlangley said:

Uh, you do know their salary starts with teaching and then their coaching stipends are added after that,  I may be wrong but your post implies their base pay is for coaching. Other than coordinators stipend are not huge and not know what theirs are but nothing like you imply.

Oh I know, but that doesn't make it right. A teacher, teaching PE for 3 -5 periods gets as much as a teacher in a core classroom. Ridiculous.

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Tickets were $14 at the Bulldawg Stop & $15 at Jerryworld. So, you probably need to start at $261,000 not $180,000. UIL gets their cut bringing it down to $208,000 divided by two gets us to $104,000 for each school. Then say the hotel stay Thursday night cost CHS $10,500 and a few meals cost another $5,000 and diesel for the buses from Carthage to Arlington and back cost $2,500 that comes to $18,000 for the trip. $104,000 - $18,000 = $86,000 profit to CHS.

Then does the UIL gift CHS another $34,000+ check for winning state like they did last year??

Gets you to $120,000 profit for winning a state championship.... Those costs are pure guesstimate and y’all think meals would actually cost $5,000???... Nah. Would the hotel for one night really cost $10,500???... Nah. Super inflated the costs to be conservative on the profit. 

i may be wrong but i think the money is split evenly between the 24 teams that participated this weekend.  

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

If so, the numbers would be way bigger as a total, but split between 24.  Hmm, interesting.

My understanding is that Jones gets his cut first of $48k for each day that the stadium is being used...UIL then gets 16% of total ticket sales. I would imagine Jones is getting 100% of the parking and concessions as well. Then, the schools split the remaining ticket sales. My understanding is the participating schools only split the day they played, not the entire event. 

5 hours ago, swaha said:

My understanding is that Jones gets his cut first of $48k for each day that the stadium is being used...UIL then gets 16% of total ticket sales. I would imagine Jones is getting 100% of the parking and concessions as well. Then, the schools split the remaining ticket sales. My understanding is the participating schools only split the day they played, not the entire event. 

So what your saying is Carthage will cash it’s sixth check of this playoff season, plus what we made hosting the four playoff games at Bulldog Stadium?  Not too shabby.

44 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

So what your saying is Carthage will cash it’s sixth check of this playoff season, plus what we made hosting the four playoff games at Bulldog Stadium?  Not too shabby.

Maybe. It may be more financially beneficial to the schools now since all games are at AT&T Stadium. Prior to the centralization of all games, I do not believe that was the case. 

I have absolutely zero problem with Coach Surratt getting the raise. Our program makes money and is successful beyond almost others in the state. Considering that CISD receives no Robin Hood program money nobody outside of Panola County has an opinion that means anything. In other words mind your own damn business if you don't pay taxes here.

• Like 1

We're crowning State Champions and not homecoming queens  in case you missed it. No s### it's a sports forum you idiot. I have to deal with the fact that morons like you stick your unwanted nose in CISD and Panola County business. Mind your own business Lion70.

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Lol bet you wouldn't be so confident about it if they were crowning homecoming Queens . It's a sports forum deal with it