13. Shallowater - Area Finalist
14. Grandview - State Quarterfinalist
15. Comanche - State Quarterfinalist
16. Edna - Regional Semifinalist
17. Whitesboro - Regional Semifinalist
18. Mt. Vernon - Area Finalist
19. Van Vleck - Regional Semifinalist
20. Groesbeck - Bi-District Finalist

Region III, and in particular district 9-3A gets a lot of love here.   Region II proved to be the region that was simply down.  I will be coming out with my preseason top 20 within the next week or two.  This will have a majority of the teams you see in teh DCTF & TheOldCoach polls that come out in June/July. 

14 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

1. Rockdale - State Champions
2. Yoakum - State Semifinalist
3. Brock - State Finalist
4. Teague- State Quarterfinalist
5. West - Regional Semifinalsit
6. Wall - Regional Semifinalist
7. Goliad - State Quarterfinalist
8. Franklin - Regional Semifinalist
9. Kemp - State Semifinalist
10. Malakoff - Bi-District Finalist
11. Hallettsville - Area Finalist
12. Woodville - Area Finalist
13. Shallowater - Area Finalist
14. Grandview - State Quarterfinalist
15. Comanche - State Quarterfinalist
16. Edna - Regional Semifinalist
17. Whitesboro - Regional Semifinalist
18. Mt. Vernon - Area Finalist
19. Van Vleck - Regional Semifinalist
20. Groesbeck - Bi-District Finalist

Region III, and in particular district 9-3A gets a lot of love here.   Region II proved to be the region that was simply down.  I will be coming out with my preseason top 20 within the next week or two.  This will have a majority of the teams you see in teh DCTF & TheOldCoach polls that come out in June/July. 

1 rockdale

2 yoakum

3 brock

4 teague

5 west 

6 franklin

7 wall

8 woodville

9 goliad

10 malakoff

My top 10 to finish the year

18 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Newton would have smoked anybody in 3A Div I .... tru storie .... :woot:

I would have liked to have seen it. Newton was very impressive on the defensive side and rockdale was on the offensive side. Not that they weren’t good on the other sides of the ball but that’s what they were both best at. Would have been a very interesting matchup but I tend to agree that newton was better

13 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Did newton see a team with the threat of both running and passing this year? Also rockdale had the speed to keep up with newton in that part

Newton beat several playoff caliber 4A schools this season, the answer is yes and they were better than Rockdale .... I saw Rockdale win their game at Jerry World, they were good, but I don't think they could hang with Newton ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Newton beat several playoff caliber 4A schools this season, the answer is yes and they were better than Rockdale .... I saw Rockdale win their game at Jerry World, they were good, but I don't think they could hang with Newton ...

You may be right I believe it would be a good game. I would go with rockdale just simply bc they had  the better QB play than Newton.

I think Newton and Rockdale would be a good game. I give Newton a slight edge. I put the limit there though. No way Newton hangs with either 4A team. 

That being said, I'm sure hate that Atlanta is going to mess these rankings all up next year however. Breaks my heart. 

25 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Newton couldn't beat either. Silsbee and Diboll we're decent and good wins but PG and Carthage whole another level. Little Rusk County is running the show next year anyways.

Don't be writing checks that we gotta cash. Atlanta returns nearly everybody.....I think they will be the regions front runner to start the season. We will be a contender for sure.....return some key players at important positions and move up some really good young talent that will have to step up quick. 

Just curious......how many returners will everybody have in 3A D1 next year?

Tatum - 6 on offense counting the projected starting 6'3 260 lb center that missed the whole season due to an injury. QB/WR/WR/WR/OL/OL

6 on defense but projected starter Cavion White missed the season due to injury and he'll be back at OLB and sophomore LB Singleton actually started some but rotated in a lot. So we'll have 8 with good experience. DE/DT/LB/LB/DB/DB/DB/DB

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Y'all subvarsity is way better. Heck Atlanta didn't even score a point in all games 7th through varsity against us . Both should be contending   . Atlanta should change their offense and utilize that speed. I be very surprised if both aren't playing December football.

We beat their 7th grade, lost to their 8th grade, and our freshmen plus like 3 sophomore starters beat their JV in a tight one. Their 8th grade class is pretty loaded as is ours. But Atlanta varsity returns like 9/9 and they got it figured out towards the end of the season. I think they will be tough to handle in 3A next year. 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Just curious......how many returners will everybody have in 3A D1 next year?

Tatum - 6 on offense counting the projected starting 6'3 260 lb center that missed the whole season due to an injury. QB/WR/WR/WR/OL/OL

6 on defense but projected starter Cavion White missed the season due to injury and he'll be back at OLB and sophomore LB Singleton actually started some but rotated in a lot. So we'll have 8 with good experience. DE/DT/LB/LB/DB/DB/DB/DB

I wanna say franklin has 8/8 or 8/9 returning losing the center a tightend and a lineman on o and losing a cb and a d lineman on defense all key players will be back

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Y'all subvarsity is way better. Heck Atlanta didn't even score a point in all games 7th through varsity against us . Both should be contending   . Atlanta should change their offense and utilize that speed. I be very surprised if both aren't playing December football.

What would you change the offense to? They already run the spread, implement jet sweeps and so forth. But for 2 years in a row, we've had some really bad o-line issues, and of course we schedule a D1 contender on week 1, so when do you think we figure that out? That's why we did so well late in the season with tandem set. Added an extra blocker. 

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Just wondering where all the speed went. Probably the absolute worst game in terms of being a mismatch.

It's still there lol. You're looking at 1 game, and the 1st game at that. Our speed showed in other games, just not that one.