Final 4A Rankings

HearEmaGrowlin

44 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Lol ok

Hate break it to you but Carthage has about 2 title runs coming in the next couple of years. I actually predicted 3 with this last group but Lavega had other thoughts. Carthage is full of talent. Wait till you see the new RB next year.

25 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Seriously y'all said how much faster he was . Carthage  fans been the one pumping him to be the Goat or at least better than Ingram. I actually think y'all will miss the other Ingram the most, Bowens will hurt to but Defensively is where see the most impact of Not repeating. Like I said I give you third or 4th place depending on how District is made up

3rd or 4th? Hahaha. Dude you have said Carthage wasn't winning the last 2 years. Just leave it at you don't know. 

We will definitely miss the WR. But anybody that knows football knows Gates, Brown, Dejulian, and Colbert are much tougher losses. Carthage always finds skill players. This are all 3 year starters on defense that were all studs. Going to be hard to replace those LB and Colbert. 

54 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Seriously y'all said how much faster he was . Carthage  fans been the one pumping him to be the Goat or at least better than Ingram. I actually think y'all will miss the other Ingram the most, Bowens will hurt to but Defensively is where see the most impact of Not repeating. Like I said I give you third or 4th place depending on how District is made up

To say Dixon is 10x better than Ingram is quite a stretch, but as always, everything you say is off the charts & incorrect.🙄

10 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Im trying to figure out how Lion70 knows so much about Carthage Bulldog football. 

He's an insider. Don't you know that?

Hell he don't even know about Henderson football. He knows what he reads on here and in the program. DTrump called out his BS several times this year.

• Thanks 1

I don’t want to argue with you guys about Carthage. There’s no doubt they were the best team in state when they took the field Dec 22nd. However back to the original post, it seams no one remembers WOS barely escaped Kennedale earlier in the season. Kennedale statistically dominated this game. IMO any OT victory is “flukes”, but to WOS credit, they did what they had to. I don’t think Kennedale should be so far down that list based on losing to a  juggernaut like Carthage. Also, not that it means much but Kennedale did have a pre season scrimmage vs LV and outplayed them their. Again just a scrimmage. I’ve said all year kennedale’s weakness was giving up those big pass plays. I was worried that Carthage was going to be the one team to finally shut down that running game and they did. If Kennedale had a balanced offense like Carthage it might have been different. Once that momentum started swinging in Carthage’s favor it was all over. The game was almost a 21-14 affair until that awesome #25 stripped and recovered the ball on Carthage’s 20 yard line. Next play was Ingram busting one open making it 28-7. That’s was the back breaker for Kennedale. All the wind was out of their sails.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:29 AM, ctown81 said:

I would put Kennedale above Henderson. It's all bout matchups and I don't think Henderson's defense could have shut down the Wildcat's offense. You have to remember, Carthage made a great team look mediocre. Other than that, nice poll.

Henderson vs Kennedale could have been entertaining...

30 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Henderson vs Kennedale could have been entertaining...

HHS would’ve beaten them, but it would’ve been a much closer game than Carthage v Kennedale was. 

Henderson stops the run well, but they do not have near the number of weapons offensively like Carthage did this year. 

I’d say Henderson by 10.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Here’s how I’d do a final 2017 overall 4A ranking:

1. Carthage

2. Pleasant Grove

3. La Vega

4. WOS

5. Henderson

6. Kennedale

7. Midlothian Heritage

8. Wimberly

9. Stephenville

10. Graham

What do y’all think?

The highly regarded WOS defense did not manhandle PG as most thought they may. Those defenders are fast, but that unit doesn’t have any size at all. The PG/WOS game was a close contest until late in the fourth quarter. Those interceptions made the score look a lot different than the game was actually played.

Thought?

The PG WOS game was not close UNTIL the fourth quarter, when Chaka made a coup[le of plays to get the Mustangs within striking distance.
PG Dominated in the first half, and despite great halftime adjustments, or perhaps because of them, the third quarter was a wash.

The game was, for about 10 minutes, a great contest to watch, and the two scores on pick 6s late made the score look more impressive, but I would have to disagree on the close contest part. if PG had not scored the last 13 points, the game would be one that I would have said was "Not as close as the score shows".

• Thanks 1

ok so have replayed the dawgs game three or four times and the wife is starting to worry about me.  nice distraction to moving mother into assisted living and other difficult events.  thanks coach surratt and the kids that worked so hard for giving yourself and your fans such an uplifting experience.  i do pray these kids don't make this the high point of their life but rather use it as a learning experience.  happy new year.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...