4. WOS

5. Henderson

6. Kennedale

7. Midlothian Heritage

8. Wimberly

9. Stephenville

10. Graham

What do y’all think?

The highly regarded WOS defense did not manhandle PG as most thought they may. Those defenders are fast, but that unit doesn’t have any size at all. The PG/WOS game was a close contest until late in the fourth quarter. Those interceptions made the score look a lot different than the game was actually played.

PG proved they are an awesome team, but they wouldn’t be able to beat Carthage. Carthage was the defending 4A Div 1 state champion and went wire-to-wire as the #1 ranked team in the state.

Carthage wasn’t challenged in the playoffs other than La Vega, and the only reason that game was close was due to Carthage miscues not caused by the LV defense.

I ranked Henderson over Kennedale, because Henderson presented more of a challenge to the Bulldogs than Kennedale did. Kennedale had a great run to the title game in defeating Midlothian Heritage (barely) and Stephenville. However, I feel Henderson would’ve beaten Kennedale too.

Thought?

It was my own opinion that the PG game didn't really feel close until late in the 4th, and I attribute that to the conservative offensive play calling on PG's part. I was really surprised that he chose to kick a field goal instead of going for it. But other than that, it felt pretty well in control. I believe a lot of people were referring to it as "A bad dream that just won't stop." lol

I can agree with the rest. 

• Like 1

I am a Carthage fan, but Pleasant Grove "could" beat Carthage, just like La Vega could beat Carthage..........IMO, Carthage would have been about a 10 point favorite over both, if they would have played either this coming Friday.......................I think P G and La Vega would be an even game

20 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

I put PG under Vega. PG is a good team but only think you can really compare are like opponents. PG blasted Liberty Eylau and LE gave Carthage a game. Carthage blew out Gilmer but PG barely beat Gilmer. Waco Lavega played just as tough

LE gave Carthage a game very early in the season. If they’d played a little bit later in the season I don’t think LE would’ve hung as close as they did. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

LE gave Carthage a game very early in the season. If they’d played a little bit later in the season I don’t think LE would’ve hung as close as they did. 

Hard to say. L-E got better as the season progressed as well. 

It's all about match-ups. IMO, a team with a great passing game would have matched up against Carthage better than anything, which is why L-E had a decent run, and Gilmer made an early run. If you had to pick the weakest link on the Carthage defense, I would pick the secondary over any of the rest.

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I am a Carthage fan, but Pleasant Grove "could" beat Carthage, just like La Vega could beat Carthage..........IMO, Carthage would have been about a 10 point favorite over both, if they would have played either this coming Friday.......................I think P G and La Vega would be an even game

Did you see the Lavega/Carthage game. Carthage tried their best to give it away and still won.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Carthage was up on LV 21-0 mid way through the first qtr. 7 of those points came on a Carthage drive didn't the other 14 come off of a pick 6 and then another LV turnover? 

Scored on the 1st drive. LV 1st drive pick 6. LV fumbled the ensuing kickoff and Carthage scored from the 8 yard line on the next play I believe. LV got a personal foul on the XP, and Carthage kicked and recovered an onside kick on the kickoff. But the Dawgs fumbled the ball and gave it back to LV. LV scores on that possession to make it 21-7. Very easily could have gone to 28-0. But LV showed a lot of heart. That was big boy football. IMO those were the top 2 teams I saw this year. The play was sloppy but that was the only team I saw match Carthage physicality this year.

22 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

1. Carthage

2. LV

3. PG

4. WOS

5. LH

6. Henderson

7. Wimberly

8. Kennedale

9. Midlothian Heritage

10. Cuero

Other teams in the mix: Argyle, Ville, Graham, Kilgore, Kaufman, China Spring, Melissa, Gilmer, Celina.  

Would have liked to have seen Argyle with their QB healthy.

I like those rankings too. I left LH out though they did give LV a good game in the quarterfinals.

23 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

1. Carthage

2. LV

3. PG

4. WOS

5. LH

6. Henderson

7. Wimberly

8. Kennedale

9. Midlothian Heritage

10. Cuero

Other teams in the mix: Argyle, Ville, Graham, Kilgore, Kaufman, China Spring, Melissa, Gilmer, Celina.  

Would have liked to have seen Argyle with their QB healthy.

BB12, I’m telling you right now, Argyle even with Copeland at QB was not impressive this year.

I know they were undefeated, but they weren’t that good. Very very few athletes with no speed to speak of. 

LV would’ve beaten Argyle by 40. 

7 hours ago, cotton84 said:

The Dawgs would have run PG out of the stadium, just like they did Kennedale. PG was great against the run, but the Dawg Receivers would of run off and left the PG secondary. The only team we faced that hung with the Dawg receivers was LV. 

9 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs would have run PG out of the stadium, just like they did Kennedale. PG was great against the run, but the Dawg Receivers would of run off and left the PG secondary. The only team we faced that hung with the Dawg receivers was LV. 

lol

33 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Nobody knows what would happen. Pointless speculating