3. PG

4. WOS

5. LH

6. Henderson

7. Wimberly

8. Kennedale

9. Midlothian Heritage

10. Cuero

Other teams in the mix: Argyle, Ville, Graham, Kilgore, Kaufman, China Spring, Melissa, Gilmer, Celina.  

Would have liked to have seen Argyle with their QB healthy.

Bro you tripping having seen both PG and Carthage...  would have their hands full Pg had the best D/O line in 4a

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs would have run PG out of the stadium, just like they did Kennedale. PG was great against the run, but the Dawg Receivers would of run off and left the PG secondary. The only team we faced that hung with the Dawg receivers was LV. 

Bro stop PG put too much pressure on every QB they played.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No need in getting into all that. Like you said, pointless speculating. Y’all won and Carthage won. Great season for East Texas 4A high school football!

Technically, PG is Northeast Texas.

Well, I’ll comment and speculate what would I think would happen for entertainment lol

Carthage is a powerhouse with a great history much like WOS.  That means nothing to PG—(see gilmer, graham, etc..)

Carthage would have the best single player on the field in Ingram. PG has a wonderful front 7... one of the best in all of 4A IMO....EVEN

Carthage QB is a stud. This is where Carthage would have an advantage. We have above average DB’s, but still advantage carthage 

PG could  score on anybody, ask WOS chain gang. They were statistically the best defense in 4A. Carthage would not stop PG on a consistent basis. 

I think if they played 10 times, carthage would win 6

6 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawg O line was way better than any the PG defense faced. 

We are talking about the Dawgs who had one semi close game out of 16 and boat raced a team in the championship game. PG was an outstanding 4A DII state championship team, playing the Dawgs a close game. Not

Not only playing a close game, but PG matches up well with Carthage. It would be a Great contest. 

57 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawg O line was way better than any the PG defense faced. 

We are talking about the Dawgs who had one semi close game out of 16 and boat raced a team in the championship game. PG was an outstanding 4A DII state championship team, playing the Dawgs a close game. Not

Lol you sound crazy... ok tho

I loved seeing PG win a title and I was there cheering them on. Thought they played a great game against WOS, and were the much better team. Very impressed with their team, especially the passing game from the wing T. 

But I stick with my rankings. Haha, not that they are worth anything. Carthage and LV both better teams IMO. Like I said it's from a guy that doesn't know much, so who cares.

I guess we can have a week long debate. Things are slow this time of year on Smoaky anyway.

1 hour ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Bro you tripping having seen both PG and Carthage...  would have their hands full Pg had the best D/O line in 4a

You saw Carthage in week 2 and PG in week 4. Maybe you saw them both later in the season or in the title game. But anything from week 2 or week 4 doesn't have much to do with the end of the season.

For example Carthage was breaking in a new secondary, and that is the game Kelvontay got hurt I believe. So we were even worse off in the secondary. We had 3 new DB, and then had to replace one of them with another new starter. Also Mekhi was moving from CB to safety. So it was pretty much an all new secondary against a very good QB and passing game. 

Same can be said for PG. There is no way they were the same team in week 4 as week 16. Not even close. So pretty much just throw it out the window.

I think Carthage defense matches up extremely well with PG offense. Obviously PG had a better passing game than Kennedale. But going into the game, nobody would've argued that Kennedale executed their run game just as good or better than PG. Kennedale offensive line (before they played Carthage) was touted as the best in 4a. Carthage dominated them. 

If you don't think Surratt and Co. would find a way to gas all those players playing both ways for PG y'all are crazy. Especially the lineman. I know every team said that and they didn't do it, but Carthage is a different kind of team when it comes to exploiting teams potential weaknesses. 

I do think PG defense matches up good with the Carthage offense as well. Carthage would score, but I don't think like they did against most opponents. I think PG could pressure the QB, and this is what you have to do against Carthage. Running the ball would also be tough for Carthage. But I do think Carthage would hit big plays, and put up some points. I think Carthage offense would start to hit on big plays in the 2nd half like they did in the 2nd Henderson game.

I would take Carthage by a couple sores, but in a close game. Say 35-21. Carthage pulls away in the 4th after PG is gassed.

Would love to see that game this Friday night!

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Well, I’ll comment and speculate what would I think would happen for entertainment lol

Carthage is a powerhouse with a great history much like WOS.  That means nothing to PG—(see gilmer, graham, etc..)

Carthage would have the best single player on the field in Ingram. PG has a wonderful front 7... one of the best in all of 4A IMO....EVEN

Carthage QB is a stud. This is where Carthage would have an advantage. We have above average DB’s, but still advantage carthage 

PG could  score on anybody, ask WOS chain gang. They were statistically the best defense in 4A. Carthage would not stop PG on a consistent basis. 

I think if they played 10 times, carthage would win 6

I think the biggest debate is going to be the defensive front 7 for both teams. Both excellent units. Both fan bases would probably argue they have the better unit, and would have good evidence to back it up. For me what makes Carthage stand out above all the other teams I saw this year is the LB core. Man that was an extremely experienced and talented bunch. I honestly think we had 2 D1 LB and another that will play on Saturdays. PG also has a D1 player and an awesome LB core as well. Benson was as advertised. But I was actually more impressed with #5 Caleb Porchia.

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Just for the record, I stayed and and watched PG beat WOS. 

I moved over to the PG side and yelled for them. All East Texas state champs!!!!!  

God Bless and Happy New Year 🎊 

Me too; Those fans were much better... We left at start of 4th qtr. to try to beat traffic which worked out pretty well for us!

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I vote for a Carthage vs PG home & home for 2018 & 2019!  Would be good for both teams.  Carthage needs to see the Wing T to prep for a possible rematch with Kennedale.  PG needs to see a good passing team to prep for Gilmer, Graham, etc.

I second the motion.

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

You serious?

Yea who is saying Carthage will be as good in 2018 as they were in 2017. Nobody would say that. Carthage is gonna be good no matter what you think. And yes they will play deep into the playoffs and have a chance to play for a title. But 2017 Carthage is one of the all time great 4a (3a) teams in history. Nobody expects them to be that good. Your reaching because Carthage posters are saying Carthage will still be a championship caliber team. I agree. Carthage brings back just as much as anybody else. 

5 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Not saying they won't be a good Playoff team cause that's ridiculous. What worse is 10+ title prediction and dominate 5a football . Lol

Nobody said dominate 5a football. Again why is 10+ titles ridiculous? It's 6 in 11 years. Surratt is 50. If he coaches until he is 60 (10 more years) you don't think he can win 4 in 10 years? 

I hate to break it to you but Carthage is winning atleast 1 more title in the next 3 seasons. I would say 2, but for the sake of this argument I'll just say 1. Carthage has some loaded classes coming up. Are those kids just going to quit playing football?