Final 4A Rankings

HearEmaGrowlin

I agree with you dean1345 and I believe Kennedale would be number 4.

Dean1345 you like me have kept up with a lot of different teams over the years.

Which team would you say was the best in the last 15 years in 4A.

I truly believe this years Dawgs was the best I have seen win a state championship in a very long time.

You could argue LV, The Ville, and Navasota was, but I don't remember any team with a defense to match the offense like Carthage this year.

Keep in mind I am a Dawg homer. 

21 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I truly believe this years Dawgs was the best I have seen win a state championship in a very long time.

You could argue LV, The Ville, and Navasota was, but I don't remember any team with a defense to match the offense like Carthage this year.

From a spectators view, I thought the Navasota team was the best 4A team I've ever seen. Remember their star RB was in a car wreck before the SC and they didn't miss a beat.

Never seen that many playmakers on the field at one time in 4A.

Now they had some kids go both ways(like 3) but that was to dominate teams even more.

12 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Kennedale wasn't better than Henderson or Kilgore IMO. Or atleast they didn't match up with Carthage as well. Kennedale was just not very good IMO. 

As the one Kennedale RB said himself in that infamous locker room interview; "We're Over rated...."👍🏼

21 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage defense this year was certainly one of the best for sure. The Navasota team of 2012 were right close to them. That year Navasota was ranked #1 on offense and #2 on defense that beat Gilmer 39-3 in the SC game. They never faced a team is good as Carthage that year though. Both teams stand out to me.

1 hour ago, dean1345 said:

Carthage defense this year was certainly one of the best for sure. The Navasota team of 2012 were right close to them. That year Navasota was ranked #1 on offense and #2 on defense that beat Gilmer 39-3 in the SC game. They never faced a team is good as Carthage that year though. Both teams stand out to me.

That Navasota team was loaded. I can't remember his name, but I know they had a DT that was almost unstoppable. Baker, Collins, and McGinty were definitely special in the passing game. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That Navasota team was loaded. I can't remember his name, but I know they had a DT that was almost unstoppable. Baker, Collins, and McGinty were definitely special in the passing game. 

Jordan Wells was the DT and I believe he had 5 sacks in the SC game.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:19 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Here’s how I’d do a final 2017 overall 4A ranking:

1. Carthage

2. Pleasant Grove

3. La Vega

4. WOS

5. Henderson

6. Kennedale

7. Midlothian Heritage

8. Wimberly

9. Stephenville

10. Graham

What do y’all think?

The highly regarded WOS defense did not manhandle PG as most thought they may. Those defenders are fast, but that unit doesn’t have any size at all. The PG/WOS game was a close contest until late in the fourth quarter. Those interceptions made the score look a lot different than the game was actually played.

PG proved they are an awesome team, but they wouldn’t be able to beat Carthage. Carthage was the defending 4A Div 1 state champion and went wire-to-wire as the #1 ranked team in the state.

Carthage wasn’t challenged in the playoffs other than La Vega, and the only reason that game was close was due to Carthage miscues not caused by the LV defense.

I ranked Henderson over Kennedale, because Henderson presented more of a challenge to the Bulldogs than Kennedale did. Kennedale had a great run to the title game in defeating Midlothian Heritage (barely) and Stephenville. However, I feel Henderson would’ve beaten Kennedale too.

Thought?

Kennedale goes three of four spots spots above Hendo for going to the Dance, which Hendo did not; Kennedale would have beaten the Lions, imo.

23 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That Navasota team was loaded. I can't remember his name, but I know they had a DT that was almost unstoppable.  

Carthage stopped him the next year when he was a senior.  I believe he was credited with 1 tackle in that game played in miserable weather.  He was double-teamed the whole game and seemed to lose his "enthusiasm".

6 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

PG just too much for anyone. I find hilarious that yall care what I think about it. It's cool proved my point.

What is Really hilarious is the fact that you think Anyone really cares what you care about, as many times as you've been proven wrong...😏

The score of the Gilmer / Carthage game shows it was a blowout, but it was a close game for 3+ quarters.  A successful onside kick late in the 3rd after a Carthage score that made it 28-21, allowed them to tie the game early in the 4th.  Then, two quick turnovers sealed Gilmer's fate, a pick-6 and a scoop and score turned that game around quickly.  Gilmer actually led 28-13 until late in the 3rd.  Carthage was the better team for sure, but the gap between the teams wasn't as bad as the score indicated, in my opinion.

Gilmer played about as well as they could against PG, and it was a close game all the way through.  Gilmer had a chance to tie it with a 37-yard (or there abouts) field goal at the end of regulation.  Our kicker is usually money from there, but this time it was wide right.

1 hour ago, mightyeagle said:

football is over next year new teams and a new dance

True and  I'm really looking fwd to next season's version of the Dawgs skull dragging those Lions again and watching their fans make another 3rd qtr exit from the game

• Stinks 1

49 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Y'all won't be nearly the same team. See there goes that arrogance that y'all deny all the time. Yeah won't miss a beat huh? 

Call it arrogance, cockiness, confidence or whatever you wish to call it, IF your Lions had half the success that the Dawgs have had you'd know how we Dawg fans feel. Since thats not gonna happen anytime soon i suggest you go and repair your 2010 championship t-shirt and make sure it still fits. If you haven't turned on your lions before  yhe Dawgs come to town, wear it with pride and watch the Dawgs skull drag your lions.