📰 FAKE NEWS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)

osup116

This is a funny source, again, coming from a guy who once wrote a long opinion piece titled basically, "I Do Not Care if Trump Lies", essentially trying to justify and rationalize that stance, so why should one word of HIS be seen as having any merit or truth? 

https://medium.com/iron-ladies/daily-wires-john-nolte-has-just-told-us-that-he-thinks-the-truth-is-expendable-c20fdf05c482

• Stinks 1

23 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

The higher prices you pay next month is your imagination,  riiight ?

I would guess that would depend upon what you are buying. Don't have any big purchases that I know of. Lower food prices mean more dollars for me, but I guess those dollars will go for the inflated gasoline prices that we are having to pay right now. Let's look at the bright side, if we conquer Venezuela and Iran, we should be able to lower gas prices. 🤪  PS only joking about the last statement. 

The thing is many networks only post a slanted modified version of Trumps speeches, when they should be shown in their full context. The same with the Nick Sandmann, and they should be called out for not reporting the entire coverage of events.   

NY Times Editor Dean Baquet predicts doom for local newspapers

New York Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet predicted that most local news outlets will die in the near future — if they are not saved by a local billionaire, that is.

In candid comments made while speaking before the INMA World Congress of News Media, Baquet expressed a fear that local newspapers are at a high risk of disappearing from the media ecosystem amid the rise of new media.

“The greatest crisis in American journalism is the death of local news,” Baquet said. “I don’t know what the answer is. Their economic model is gone. I think most local newspapers in America are going to die in the next five years, except for the ones that have been bought by a local billionaire.”

“I don’t know what the answer is, but I think that everybody who cares about news should take this on as an issue,” he added. “Because we’re going to wake up one day and there are going to be entire states with no journalism or with little tiny pockets of journalism.”

The Times editor also noted he isn’t “worried about Los Angeles and New York,” but is concerned about what “the model is for covering the school boards in Newark, New Jersey. That makes me nervous.”

According to a recent analysis from the Associated Press via data from the University of North Carolina, over the 15 years, 1,400 towns and cities across America have lost a local news outlet. Additionally, the Pew Research Center found newspaper circulation has steadily dropped for the past 30 years and ad revenues generated by outlets tanked dramatically in 2006 and continue to decline.

• Mr. P changed the title to New York Times editor: Most newspapers will die in 5 years

Dude seems to think the big markets are practically bulletproof, but these are the "salad days" for mass media.

They better be storing grain right now,  because famine is coming. 

Once Trump is out of office (and replaced by a more conventional president), revenue is gonna bottom out. 

If most of them weren't so liberal they might have more readers.  Another thing is when's the last time anyone saw job or want ads in the paper ?  They overcharge for anything you want published such as an obit, and they are just killing themselves.  A couple of weeks ago I was wondering if the Thrifty Nickel even existed, because I haven't seen one since I lived in Tyler 12 years ago.  

Using the Big Lie to Delegitimize Election Results
Townhall.com ^ | May 25, 2019 | MIchael Barone 

Posted on 5/25/2019, 2:33:10 AM by Kaslin

The Big Lie is back in style. Wikipedia tells us that the term was invented by Adolf Hitler to describe what others did -- though he was the biggest liar of all. "The broad masses of a nation," he wrote in "Mein Kampf," "more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie."

No one on the political scene in this country or any democratic nation is a monster comparable to Hitler. But some have resorted to the Big Lie in their attempts to override clear decisions of the people, at the risk of delegitimizing the nation's democracy.

Exhibit A: the claims that Democrats Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum "won" last fall's elections for governor in Georgia and Florida. Actually, both of them lost by a 50-49 percent margin.

Abrams admits this but insists, "so many people were disenfranchised and disengaged ... that I feel comfortable now saying, 'I won.'" Presidential candidate Kamala Harris told the Detroit NAACP, "without voter suppression, Stacey Abrams would be the governor of Georgia. Andrew Gillum is the governor of Florida."

This is nonsense. Voter turnout was up 54 percent in Georgia and 38 percent in Florida from 2014 levels, and the "voter suppression" people complained about was standard procedures, required by a 1994 federal law.

The suggestion that this amounts to the kind of voter suppression blacks experienced before the 1965 Voting Rights Act -- suppression by unfair laws, threats of violence and murder -- is preposterous. Perhaps Abrams hopes to convince the many blacks moving to Georgia that it's run by white segregationists. But she and those who echo her charges are saying that America is moving backward on basic civil rights. That's a Big Lie, one that stokes racial mistrust and hatred.

Exhibit B: the claims that Donald Trump and his 2016 campaign colluded with the Russians. Perhaps there was reason to believe this two or three years ago, from candidate Trump's refusals to condemn Russian President Vladimir Putin, from his proposed Moscow hotel. Weird!

But the absurdity of much in the Steele dossier, and the fact that it was paid for by the Clinton campaign, should have sent up warning flags. The argument that a few Russian bot Facebook ads could have swung the election was obviously flimsy.

Even so, it was a rude shock to MSNBC and CNN viewers when Attorney General William Barr accurately reported that special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of Trump collusion with Russia and reached no conclusion that he had obstructed justice.

Two months later, Democrats are still itching to impeach Trump on some pretext, and many want to rake over the cold coals once more to somehow get a flame going. But it's apparent now that the collusion charges were a Big Lie, promoted by top Obama administration officials, who either deliberately or recklessly broke the rule that intelligence and law enforcement agencies ordinarily shouldn't interfere in elections.

Exhibit 😄 Hop down to Australia, where, contrary to polls and universal expectations, the center-right Liberal-National government last weekend beat the center-left Labor Party. Voters' rejection of Labour's carbon tax to address climate change and its higher taxes on high earners and retirees particularly rankled the nation's cosmopolitan commentators.

The Big Lie here is that modest-income voters -- "trade workers, barmaids, cleaners and labourers," in Australian Quillette editor Claire Lehmann's description -- are voting irrationally, against their own short-term economic interest. Wasn't Labor promising to funnel rich people's money to them?

We hear the same condescending analyses from coastal critics of Rust Belt Trump voters and metropolitan London critics of British Brexit voters. How dare they not follow the guidance of their sophisticated superiors? They must be stupid or vicious, idiots or bigots.

The obvious reply is that these voters, like their critics who vote for politicians who promise to raise their taxes, value some things more than marginal short-term economic gain. They will cheerfully forgo short-term gains and prefer policies they believe are better in the long term for them and their country.

And they have some reason to discount the sophisticates' expertise and suspect their motives. The Bank of England predicted Brexit would wreck the economy. Instead, Britain's growing faster than continental Europe. The New York Times' Paul Krugman predicted the stock market would fall "forever" after Donald Trump won. Has he checked his 401(K) lately?

From Atlanta to Adelaide, from the Steele dossier to the Brexit opponents, the Big Lie is being deployed in the service of people seeking to delegitimize the results of elections. But as one observer said, refusing to "respect the results" of an election is "threatening our democracy." That was Hillary Clinton, tweeting on Oct. 21, 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

The US Navy admitted to receiving a message from somebody in the White House in making the USS John McCain less visible during Trump's visitation.  Right now I give Trump the benefit of the doubt it wasn't him.  Probably some stupid aide working for him.  

• 2 weeks later...

Zucker Wins Award for Changing CNN
Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | June 14, 2019 | Rush Limbaugh 

Posted on 6/14/2019, 4:08:27 PM by Kaslin

RUSH: I’ve always told you how when the media gets in trouble, they circle the wagons and give each other awards. Dan Rather. Dan Rather gets caught making up an entire story about George W. Bush and the Texas National Guard, claims a bunch of garbage that Bush daddy’s buddies kept George W. Bush out of combat, even let him get away with skipping mandatory duty as part of the Texas National Guard.

APP-061419-CNN-Lemon-Zucker.jpg

None of it was true. It was all made up. What did the Drive-By Media do after Rather was fired? Well, even before he was fired? Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings created a new award and held a big festive dinner, gave Rather the new award, something about courage in journalism under fire and this big, lavish dinner at some grand ballroom at a hotel in New York.

All right? CNN’s prime time audience in the demographic is 70,000 people, 25-54. Overall they have 700-some-odd-thousand people. They have lost two-thirds of their audience. And they continue to lose their audience. Headline from The Hollywood Reporter: “Anchors and Broadcasters Toast Jeff Zucker: ‘He Completely Changed CNN — Discovery CEO David Zaslav presented his ‘best friend’ Zucker with the Fred Dressler Leadership Award on Thursday in New York.

“CNN president Jeff Zucker’s employees and former colleagues sang his praises as he was given the Fred Dressler Leadership Award on Thursday at the annual Mirror Awards ceremony in New York.”

So the guy definitely has changed CNN. The guy who has sent two-thirds of its audience packing just got an award for doing so, was just singled out as a boy wonder. And we’ve got quotes from people like Fredo Cuomo. We got quotes here from Tom Brokaw. Tom Brokaw said, “Jeff was a boy wonder from the day he walked into the doors of NBC.” Yeah, well, why is he still not there, then?

“Zucker was given the award by his ‘best friend,’ Discovery CEO David Zaslav, a former colleague at NBC. ‘He didn’t just do his job better than anybody else, but he did your job better than anybody else,’ he said. ‘He was really impressive, but he made all of us feel like we could be better. He brought us along and he made us better.’”

APP-Hollywood-Reporter-TEARAWAY-061419.j

Look, don’t misunderstand. I got no brief against Zucker. I don’t know the guy. I’ve met him one time. Doesn’t matter. My point is how the media celebrates and operates. This guy has single-handedly presided over CNN losing two-thirds of its audience and they give him an award. It’s an object lesson in how those people circle the wagons and behave and make sure that whatever happens, nothing is going to tarnish the business, the business in this case being the media.

Do you find it interesting that this award is given the same week all of these stories on CNN’s plummeting ratings come out? I don’t doubt that he was earmarked for the award before this week. These people give each other awards every week anyway for who knows what.

Documentary makers are given awards for documentaries that nobody’s ever seen that have aired at 4 o’clock in the morning on the PBS affiliate in Oshkosh and that’s it, but they still get an award for it. It’s how they protect themselves. It’s how they make sure no damage will come to the industry overall.

• Like 1

Giving Zucker and award?   That’d be like a bunch of Chefs giving Jeffery Dahmer a cooking award.  If this incompetent buffoon worked at Ford Motor Company (or any business that requires profit), he’d been fired long ago.  He took over a lying, fabricating, biased tabloid, posing as a News outlet, and turned it into a worse rag than it was.  Award?   Should’ve been made the wide receiver in a cow pie throwing   event.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/06/12/death-spiral-continues-cnn-loses-one-third-primetime-audience/

• LOL! 1