***All-Smoaky.com HSFB Nominations (Specific Instructions)***

Smoaky

Here's exactly what I also send to the HSFB coaches in East and Central Texas. Please read carefully and please don't send a nomination(s) that doesn't have the specific information necessary, including player name, school, SPECIFIC position, complete stats and if possible, height, weight, classification.

I will take nominations through January 10th.

Thank you.

David Smoak

=====
Coach,

I am one of the distributors for the Texas Sports Writers Association All-State Team. And, as you may know the owner of Smoaky.com. I take tremendous pride in getting every single nominee who has earned the right to be nominated and/or eventually selected. I am NOT a distribution center for the AP All-State Team.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY so we can do your program right.

I know you also have local writers you may contact, but I am compiling my own list for greater-East and greater-Central Texas. It will be used to send to Robert Cessna but also for me to name the 2017 “All-Smoaky.com HSFB Team.”

I want and need YOUR nominations for my own list as well.

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES WHEN MY LIST SENT TO TSWA HAS INCLUDED DOZENS OF NOMINATIONS THEY DIDN’T HAVE.  

However, I also need your help with specific information. I have around 300+ programs to cover and I just won’t have the time to track down some of the pertinent information. This information will also allow me to update my Smoaky.com Historical Section that includes school records for your program. That information is found here on this link http://www.smoaky.com/records/toc.php.

We not only want the absolute best team, we also include SPECIAL TEAMS, including coverage men. I’ve long been a proponent of the importance of special teams.

I will accept straight-up information from you but I need specific position information, examples below:

Not OL, but Center, Guard, Tackle

Not DL, but Defensive Tackle of Defensive End

Not DB, but cornerback or safety

TE’s can be anything from H-Back to TE

Fullbacks are People Too (for those who still use one) 😊

And, the more specific stats, the better a player has a chance to be noticed, EVEN FOR OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!

ALSO, THIS TEAM IS ALL CLASSIFICATIONS COMBINED AND SO IN SOME CASES IT’S MORE DIFFICULT THAN AN ALL-STATE WITH 300+ PROGRAMS INVOLVED.

I know you have a lot on your plate, but I do appreciate your time and information.

If you don’t have anyone, I would appreciate, “no nominations this season.”

If you want to fax the information to me, my FAX number is (254) 753-0499.

Thank you.

David Smoak
ESPN-Central Texas
Smoaky.com

Email: [email protected] or [email protected].

• Smoaky unpinned this topic