💲 The Trump Economy 💲

KirtFalcon

9 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

Never registered did it with his cult when Schumer said an agreement had been worked out to give Trump the money for his wall. And they thought Mexico was gonna pay:headbang:

You don't watch much real news do you?  The "so called" Schumer agreement didn't have enough money in it to even get the wall started.  It was a token pittance just so he could say he included wall money ... try watching something other than CNN and MSNBC ... :lol:

Texas wind power owes success, in part, to lack of federal regulation

By Ryan Maye Handy

Published 10:15 am, Tuesday, January 23, 2018
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Turbines on a wind farm generate electricity in Ford County in northeastern Illinois. Photo: Bill Montgomery, Houston Chronicle
Photo: Bill Montgomery, Houston Chronicle

It is no secret that Texas leads the nation in wind power capacity -- at 20,000 megawatts, wind exceeds coal capacity here. It should come as no surprise, then, that Texas also produces more wind energy than most countries around the world, and it leads the national with wind-industry employment.

But how did Texas' wind industry become so dominant? The answer is good policy, planning and a very Texan freedom from federal regulation, according to a report released Tuesday by the Southern Legislative Conference, a public policy forum for southern states.

RELATED: Construction begins on largest utility-scale solar project in Texas

In 2005, Texas chose to get ahead of renewable energy development by creating Competitive Renewable Energy Zones, where transmission lines were extended to help support wind power development in isolated regions of the state. The transmission network has lured other types of renewable energy -- such as solar power -- to Texas, where companies find developing projects easier with existing transmission lines.

RELATED: Solar power emerges where oil and gas once dominated

But 90 percent of Texas' grid is not regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, so wind project permitting typically required by federal oversight does not apply in Texas, according to the South Legislative Conference report.

In Texas, state, county and local governments have no regulatory power over where a wind project is located -- that is up the landowner and developer, the report said. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is not required to review or permit new projects, according to the report.

1 hour ago, Sideliner said:

Wind power is subsidized by  government payments. When they end soon wind power will start to diminish.

Well most anything the government wants is subsidized or a particular state wants, but these have flourished because of lack of regulation in Texas on power, 

1 hour ago, Sideliner said:

Wind power is subsidized by  government payments. When they end soon wind power will start to diminish.

I have a friend who oversaw several pipeline projects on the same cotton farms that the wind farms are built on in West Texas. He asked the landowner if there was any money in it. The guy replied “Yeah, till the government stops paying the subsidies. Then it’s going downhill fast.” 

1 minute ago, SideTracker said:

I recall the good ol boys among the oil and gas people that elected Rick Perry last time were against wind power in Texas, eh? Funny, Pecos was quite instrumental in developing this course of electricity. Remember? Priceless!

Money talks; Politicians listen... Been that way forever.......🤑

26 minutes ago, SideTracker said:

I recall the good ol boys among the oil and gas people that elected Rick Perry last time were against wind power in Texas, eh? Funny, Pecos was quite instrumental in developing this course of electricity. Remember? Priceless!

I'm all for anything that reduces my electricity bill.  I'm not for the Government funding it, because that should be for the companies that want to make money taking the risk.  Who know's how long those turbines will crank out electricity.  

10 hours ago, SideTracker said:

I am fairly sure most people would be against anything that competed against them and their own interest. That is human nature. Even if the government money stops I believe the windmills are here to stay, they generate electricity and sale on the grid and another little catch is power utilities are required to buy a certain amount of their power from windmills which will keep these folks in business for a long time. 

It’s Trump’s Economy Now: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/opinion/trump-economy-credit.html

So who gets the credit for this surge? Most voters say President Obama — and, sure, he gets some because corporate balance sheets were healthy when Mr. Trump entered office. But there are several holes in this theory. For one, the economy was decelerating at the end of the Obama presidency, with the annual growth rate falling to an anemic 1.6 percent in 2016, and many economists warned of a recession.

If Mr. Trump had continued Mr. Obama’s policies, one might not credit him for today’s strong economy. But Mr. Trump has begun to systematically overturn Obama policies on taxes, regulations, energy, climate change, net neutrality, budget priorities and health care — as well as replacing Janet Yellen as chairwoman of the Federal Reserve. Trumponomics is Obamanomics in reverse.

In the first 18 months of the Reagan presidency, the economy plummeted and the president’s liberal critics triumphantly declared Reaganomics a failure. But by late 1982, with Reagan’s phased-in tax cuts finally kicking in, the economy exploded and quarterly growth rates hit 8 percent, job creation soared and Reagan won re-election in a 49-state landslide.

If the economy had nose-dived in 2017, there’s no doubt the media would have pounced on Trump policies as disgraceful failures. But with the economy red-hot, he gets little credit. That’s a double standard.

In a related story: frozen precipitation expected in Hell this afternoon. Partly cloudy skies and occasional flying pigs. 

• Mr. P changed the title to New York Times columnist praises Trump's Economy
2 hours ago, Matthias said:

It’s Trump’s Economy Now: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/opinion/trump-economy-credit.html

In a related story: frozen precipitation expected in Hell this afternoon. Partly cloudy skies and occasional flying pigs. 

If anybody really believes Obama's anti-economic growth policies and over regulation had anything to do with the surging economy since Trump took office, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you .... I wonder if that dimwit Paul Krugman approved that article? ... :woot:

Edited by KirtFalcon

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If anybody really believes Obama's anti-economic growth policies and over regulation had anything to do with the surging economy since Trump took office, I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you .... I wonder if that dimwit Paul Krugman approved that article? ... :woot:

I agree, because Caesar has removed many of those regulations and intends to remove more.  That's why people are investing, because they know that the economy will grow.  Think about this in April of 2009 the Dow was at 6547.70.  The week before Caesar was elected the Dow was at 17,959.64, but since he took office it has steadily risen to 26,214.60 and two months it has gained 8,254.96.  Never in the history of the Dow has it gained 1000 so fast under any President.  Normally I do give credit to the previous administration, but Trumpet has undone many of the policies that BHO instituted to limit business.  If more people get money in their pocket, they'll want to invest some of it that will push it even further.  Obama didn't do that.  

33 minutes ago, SideTracker said:

90,000 decent paying jobs going to India and elsewhere each year ain't nothing when a displaced worker can get a job at Wal Mart now for $11. You dumbfounded fool!

For everything negative you post, there are ten positive things he has done to stimulate the economy ... nice try, no cigar ... you goober headed moron! ....

While getting an extra $1,000 check is welcome, employees would have been better off had more companies boosted their pay as wage gains are permanent, economists say.

When I was still working with Noram the old Arkla Gas company nearly went bankrupt due to regulation changes in how you pay for gas at the well head. We got a new CEO and he promptly moved the corporate head quarters that was in Little Rock to Houston where the real gas business are located and get out of the political mess that was Arkansas. He said the days of giving raises out when the company is not doing good was over and we would go on the bonus system. If the company does good and meets its goals we would receive a bonus plus a raise. The days of giving 6 and 7 percent was over but we still got 2,3,& 4 % raises plus a bonus. I worked there 37 years and only one year did we not get a raise. A permanent raise is always better but a raise and bonus is even better. 

5 minutes ago, SideTracker said:

^

Good points. I'll keep the thread alive for more input. I agree with usatoday (comma?) big corporations are offering bonuses as much to paint their image as anything. And, despite kirt's negativity the article was rather unbiased IMO giving points for both mindsets on the subject. I work. No one is flying Trump banners, not even hinting of a raise , bonus ...

If you worked for me, I would fire your liberal #### ... :woot:

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 💲 Food Stamp enrollment lowest in 8 years