💲 The Trump Economy 💲

KirtFalcon

MOST work that can, Ebenezer. I have done my homework. You align yourself with those who ignore realities at the top while kicking those at the bottom, and you may need some spirits to come visit you besides Jack Daniels. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/food-assistance/most-working-age-snap-participants-work-but-often-in-unstable-jobs

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

the percentage of those in the Fortune 500 who paid little or NO taxes last year and get back to me.

Moving the goalposts, are ya? You do realize a "small business" can also be a corporation, right? Look up S Corp and C Corp.

By your argument, LLCs don't pay taxes because the tax structure of an LLC is "pass through". Look it up. I did.

By the way, less than 20% is not "most". And that's "effective" tax rate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/16/these-91-fortune-500-companies-didnt-pay-federal-taxes-in-2018.html

On 12/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

Doesn’t change the fact that there are many able bodied on welfare who Could be supporting themselves & & their families.

Exactly, you don't work, you don't eat.  We have many charities that can feed and house our poor.  It is not the Governments job to do so especially if they are physically able to work.  Having numerous children is not an excuse.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

MOST work that can, Ebenezer. I have done my homework. You align yourself with those who ignore realities at the top while kicking those at the bottom, and you may need some spirits to come visit you besides Jack Daniels. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/food-assistance/most-working-age-snap-participants-work-but-often-in-unstable-jobs

Nice try, Gladys, but a large percentage of those who work those “unstable” jobs is because those are the only jobs they can get due to past work history, criminal records, poor education due to dropping out of school early, & therefore no Diploma, other than that “Good Enough Diploma” ( G.E.D.). Folks who stay out of trouble tend to go further than habitual troublemakers. Bad choices early on lead to bad results later down the road. 

By the way, Gladys, I have no higher education experience, (college, trade school, etc.) other than the best school there is; “The School of Hard Knocks”, & yet, I was always able to support my family & keep them fed. My family consisted of My wife, my daughter, & myself; I would never bring a child into this Life that I couldn’t support... Nobody should; nor should children be brought into this world for the “Tax Breaks” they provide.

On 12/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Their unions are to blame the same with their over pricing.  Who can afford many of the American made cars today ?  Many of them  are what the cost of a house was in the 80's.  I bought my first brand new car in 1989, and then it was cheaper than a brand new house in the mid 60's.  The unions are killing the American auto industry, and as NightStar11 pointed out they have so many recalls on them not just air bags in recent years.  They've done it to themselves.  

Dave, did you see the documentary where the union worker said they sabotaged cars to get back at owners during the strikes? 

21 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

By the way, Gladys, I have no higher education experience, (college, trade school, etc.) other than the best school there is; “The School of Hard Knocks”, & yet, I was always able to support my family & keep them fed. My family consisted of My wife, my daughter, & myself; I would never bring a child into this Life that I couldn’t support... Nobody should; nor should children be brought into this world for the “Tax Breaks” they provide.

This is (kind of) where I come from. I don't have a college degree, either. But I've managed to do well enough for myself that my wife can stay at home and she doesn't have to work. I got skills as a software engineer. I make decent money. That's not to brag, just a factual statement. I took one semester at a junior college years ago, and I've taken a couple of extra college classes since then, but I don't know that any of them have actually helped me with my career. And in my line of work, I'm constantly having to learn.

I've been able to afford things that I didn't know if I would be able to at points in my life, and I can also do various hobbies that I like.

12 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

This is (kind of) where I come from. I don't have a college degree, either. But I've managed to do well enough for myself that my wife can stay at home and she doesn't have to work. I got skills as a software engineer. I make decent money. That's not to brag, just a factual statement. I took one semester at a junior college years ago, and I've taken a couple of extra college classes since then, but I don't know that any of them have actually helped me with my career. And in my line of work, I'm constantly having to learn.

I've been able to afford things that I didn't know if I would be able to at points in my life, and I can also do various hobbies that I like.

Prior to my stroke in 2017, My base pay was $86k per year, throw in OT from callouts & I averaged over $100k for 4-5 years, & my wife  was able to stay at home; after my stroke, I was put on SS Disablity & my employment was terminated, which caused her to have to go back to work so she would have Insurance benefits. I have had good jobs with benefits since 1992. 

The old man who raised me worked his tail off doing several things until he could no longer work. He & my Mom instilled a strong work ethic in us kids... Companies like to hire folks who don’t mind working!😜👌

22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Exactly, you don't work, you don't eat.  We have many charities that can feed and house our poor.  It is not the Governments job to do so especially if they are physically able to work.  Having numerous children is not an excuse.  

I have 5 kids.  I work, I pay bills, we eat.  My wife also has 5 kids, pays bills and eats also.  I would love to show welfare families how to do this... and when I do, I want their welfare checks as payment

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I have 5 kids.  I work, I pay bills, we eat.  My wife also has 5 kids, pays bills and eats also.  I would love to show welfare families how to do this... and when I do, I want their welfare checks as payment

So what are you saying Mavvy, yall are like the Brady Bunch?  I'm proud of you bud. 

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Prior to my stroke in 2017, My base pay was $86k per year, throw in OT from callouts & I averaged over $100k for 4-5 years, & my wife  was able to stay at home; after my stroke, I was put on SS Disablity & my employment was terminated, which caused her to have to go back to work so she would have Insurance benefits. I have had good jobs with benefits since 1992. 

The old man who raised me worked his tail off doing several things until he could no longer work. He & my Mom instilled a strong work ethic in us kids... Companies like to hire folks who don’t mind working!😜👌

Good job Carthy and there's ton of women that have kids for no other reason than to get that big welfare check. They're on permanent holiday and us working folks are paying for it while they laugh at us.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Proud of you Monte! 

22 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Dave, did you see the documentary where the union worker said they sabotaged cars to get back at owners during the strikes? 

Nope.  Other than the cars themselves, and usually only sports cars am I interested in car manufacturing.  

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Same. 

4 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Good job Carthy and there's ton of women that have kids for no other reason than to get that big welfare check. They're on permanent holiday and us working folks are paying for it while they laugh at us.

That Fat Check is even Bigger if that “Baby Daddy” ain’t there...🤨

19 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Psssst, Barry.... When companies make money, the Economy takes off, & jobs are created, unemployment drops & people get off of the government & Their lives Improve & former Democrats realize that they have been Duped for most of their lives, & begin to vote Conservatively! Make America Great Again!!!!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸😂😋👌

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

The Lincoln Project vs Trump;Republicans still eating their own. After their latest ad, Trump lashing out late into the night out at this group in a Twitter rant calling them RINO's and a disgrace to Honest Abe who, according to Trump, was treated better than Trump...

Deadly virus Donald Trump ignored? 

Worst economy in decades?

Our country is weaker and sicker and poorer?

Total made up horse 💩 by the left .....

19 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

No sir, they are Conservatives/ Republicans. George Conway is married to Kellyanne but you knew that already. Trump said Kellyanne had a loser of a husband😂

George Conway? ... :rofl:

That little fat anti-Trump libtard is a laughing stock ... 🤣

He's as phony as Michael Moore ... :woot:

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

George Conway? ... :rofl:

That little fat anti-Trump libtard is a laughing stock ... 🤣

He's as phony as Michael Moore ... :woot:

Speaking of Michael . His new movie / documentary  is not being carried in movie theatres .  It is being shown on YouTube.  What a fall from grace.  I have not, and will not watch I the documentary.  

33 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Speaking of Michael . His new movie / documentary  is not being carried in movie theatres .  It is being shown on YouTube.  What a fall from grace.  I have not, and will not watch I the documentary.  

Michael More is not worth wasting time listening to .... just like George Conway .....

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Deadly virus Donald Trump ignored? 

Worst economy in decades?

Our country is weaker and sicker and poorer?

Total made up horse 💩 by the left .....

I'd like to know how we rank right now.  I want to see how well Sweden is doing since they are practicing herd immunity.  I know some are saying it's bad, but they've been doing this since it started.  Germany has already opened back up as well so I'm sure they'll climb on the Economic front.  

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I may give it a watch, but I have a feeling it's just going to be gloom and doom, and the human race is doomed.  If that were the case we would have went extinct during the black plague.