💲 The Trump Economy 💲

KirtFalcon

42 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

$500  LOL those folks in California have money to waste, that should keep the freeloaders on the plantation 

So, they filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and now they are giving everyone $500  MONTH? .... aren't liberals brilliant? .... :woot:

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, Wild74 said:

What has spooked them is the economy is doing really well and the fed wants to raise interest rates to stop inflation, so they say

I've said it before, & I'll say it again; stockbrokers are like quail... all it takes is one person walking in & stomping their foot, & the whole bunch take off at once! There isn't even anything concrete going on yet... the news reports all say the selloff is "due to FEARS that intrest rates 'might' go up"..... Market Manipulation is what it amounts to; The Big Money raking in their winnings, driving the market down so they can buy cheap & run it up again.....🤑

15 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I've said it before, & I'll say it again; stockbrokers are like quail... all it takes is one person walking in & stomping their foot, & the whole bunch take off at once! There isn't even anything concrete going on yet... the news reports all say the selloff is "due to FEARS that intrest rates 'might' go up"..... Market Manipulation is what it amounts to; The Big Money raking in their winnings, driving the market down so they can buy cheap & run it up again.....🤑

Loved the analogy.

• Thanks 1

Geez...  I'm not even a Trump guy, but the Left is making themselves look ridiculous. 

F.y.i. the Dow closed at 18,332.74 on Nov. 8, 2016, Election Day, which means there is 6,013 points to go before the Trump rally is gone: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/heres-how-much-the-stock-market-would-have-to-drop-to-wipe-out-donald-trumps-stock-rally.html

Detractors may point to the Dow Jones industrial average's recent stumbles, but the benchmark index has much further to fall before Trump's postelection gains are gone.

Look, I get it...  your golden god Hillary lost. Condolences. But drop the self-flagellation and get on board. Taking a dump on Trump ain't getting anything done. America needs more than Saturday Night Live skits and Twitter activism. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I have never used a stock broker in my life and I have been investing for over 40 years .... people who make investing decisions based on short term volatility spikes don't need to be in the market anyway ... you have to look at the long term trends unless you are playing targeted stocks and are taking advantage of short term reasons for buying or selling  ... 

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have never used a stock broker in my life and I have been investing for over 40 years .... people who make investing decisions based on short term volatility spikes don't need to be in the market anyway ... you have to look at the long term trends unless you are playing targeted stocks and are taking advantage of short term reasons for buying or selling  ... 

We actually agree on something.  Don't pull out of the stock market, just reshuffle your portfolio.  If Bull market goes Bear market buy Dollar General/Tree or similar stocks.  People have to consume products because people have to eat.  How many people didn't take notes on what stocks went up during the last recession.  Pizza chains went up with the 10 dollar large U-call it  pizzas.  Fast food dollar menu took off during last recession.  If you get frightened and pull your stocks out you lose biggly.

I personally hit the online shopping trend over a decade ago; Fed-Ex, UPS, and packaging ( 3M ).  More online shopping equals more packages getting delivered to the door.  You need more packaging too.  No longer do you need one box to ship 100 pairs of pants to a store, you now need 80 or 90 boxes to ship to individual addresses.  

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

if you look at the stocks, they are pretty much breaking even in 2018 while surging in 2017... People are focusing on the recent tank, but ignoring the January growth.... 

You are ignoring a foundation [problem.  Feds trying to confiscate money by increasing interest rates.  Trump dumping huge amounts of money into the market in tax cuts and infrastructure spending.  Two opposite philosophies.  

21 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Up almost 600 points today, so someone is buying low

Exactly what I said yesterday.  To make money on the stock market you have to buy at a lower price, and the only time that you don't sell that stock when the price is going down is when there is a split.  Sell it once it drops $5 of it's value, and see if it goes down any further then buy it right back up, unless there was a report for the reason the stocks began to plummet. 

1 hour ago, CENTEXFAN said:

You are ignoring a foundation [problem.  Feds trying to confiscate money by increasing interest rates.  Trump dumping huge amounts of money into the market in tax cuts and infrastructure spending.  Two opposite philosophies.  

I’m not ignoring it, I just think the Democrats and liberal media blaming Trump for this is just another attempt at a false smear campaign while ignoring facts.  

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Key quote from that article:

Democrats, including Barack Obama, repeatedly have claimed for Obama credit for the economy under Trump’s administration.

“The [media] said, ‘Well, Trump isn’t doing anything. All he’s doing is permitting the continuation of Obama policies. The economy was such a mess when Obama took office in 2009. It was worse than anybody knew. Bush did not tell Obama the truth about how bad it was, and Obama thought his stimulus bill would be all it would take to reignite the economy, but as we all know now that was clearly not enough,’ and it took eight years for the Obama recovery to kick in. And they trying to claim credit for it.

Now all of a sudden when a very curious stock-market plunge occurs, now all of a sudden it’s Trump’s economy, it’s his alone, and not only that, the specifics of the Trump economy are why you are losing all of your money in the stock market.”

I actually had almost this identical exchange on Facebook on the day of the plunge. A liberal buddy of mine was LOLing about it and I responded, "So is this the Trump economy now?"

He said it was, and that Trump's policy was causing it. 

I responded, "But I thought he wasn't doing anything policy-wise, and that the economic growth was a holdover from Obama's economy."

He said it was, and that now (with the tax bill) it's the Trump economy.

So...   yeah.   :munch:

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Key quote from that article:

I actually had almost this identical exchange on Facebook on the day of the plunge. A liberal buddy of mine was LOLing about it and I responded, "So is this the Trump economy now?"

He said it was, and that Trump's policy was causing it. 

I responded, "But I thought he wasn't doing anything policy-wise, and that the economic growth was a holdover from Obama's economy."

He said it was, and that now (with the tax bill) it's the Trump economy.

So...   yeah.   :munch:

Today's media and politics= blame whoever's convenient for you.  You don't need facts, just opinions and twitter followers

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 💲 Food Stamp enrollment lowest in 8 years