💲 The Trump Economy 💲

KirtFalcon

I heard the fed charged a lot of people in January for the next years predicted taxes also. Which could attribute to the large increase. Plus all the one time money transfers to the US from global companies with US home based. My employer moved 425 million from overseas to US this month for example. A builder friend of mine payed 66k in January for 2018 taxes. Just FYI

Yeah, I gotta admit, I don't understand the dust-up over this. Why is money (on a card) for food so much better than just food itself? 

"I should have the right to buy whatever food I want!"

You're absolutely right. But why should taxpayers subsidize your Doritos and Dr. Pepper?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Yeah, I gotta admit, I don't understand the dust-up over this. Why is money (on a card) for food so much better than just food itself? 

"I should have the right to buy whatever food I want!"

You're absolutely right. But why should taxpayers subsidize your Doritos and Dr. Pepper?

As I understand it, the argument is that either the recipients are A) Infantilized, or B) Dehumanized. I think it's supposed to be a "dignity" thing.

I'd be all for this, but I have a problem with spoilage.  I think that we should use the excess of the farms that we pay to plow perfectly good crops so they don't make it to the market place could be used for feeding Americans.  I've read about this, and it even happened during the Depression when people needed the food the most.  This is an interesting article on surplus food in the 80's and how it went to nothing in the 00's.   http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4770135&page=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

As I understand it, the argument is that either the recipients are A) Infantilized, or B) Dehumanized. I think it's supposed to be a "dignity" thing.

They gave up their dignity when they started sponging off of the taxpayers. If they want dignity they can get a job. Until then, I don’t see where they need anything more than 1% milk, processed cheese, pressed ham, pinto beans, corn meal, flour, potatoes, and eggs. If they want sodas, chips and frozen pizza, they can get a job. If they want steaks, they need to get a good job. It’s not my responsibility to feed people who refuse to work. If they have a disability, it’s different. Being lazy is not a disability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Food stamps should only be used for basic food staples, baby food, etc .....

There is so much fraud and abuse it's ridiculous ...

The TANF assistance program allows recipients to use their "Lone Star Card" to get cash payments and they can use it in ATM machines to get cash ... I have seen people using their LS card get cash and then go over and play video poker with the money ... tru storie ... 

1 hour ago, Sideliner said:

Exactly. Pointing out the last big tax cut was followed a few years later with big tax increases. Might want to check with the state of Kansas and see how those big tax cuts are doing for them.

You and your liberal bizarre world are oblivious to all the people across America that are benefiting from the tax cuts.  This is going to be huge for  Trump and the republicans winning reelection in 2018 and 2020 ... just keep your head buried up CNN's lying rear end ...

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Trump changing food stamp program?
14 hours ago, Sideliner said:

Exactly. Pointing out the last big tax cut was followed a few years later with big tax increases. Might want to check with the state of Kansas and see how those big tax cuts are doing for them.

Did you really just use a state with minimal commerce to make your point?

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

They gave up their dignity when they started sponging off of the taxpayers. If they want dignity they can get a job. Until then, I don’t see where they need anything more than 1% milk, processed cheese, pressed ham, pinto beans, corn meal, flour, potatoes, and eggs. If they want sodas, chips and frozen pizza, they can get a job. If they want steaks, they need to get a good job. It’s not my responsibility to feed people who refuse to work. If they have a disability, it’s different. Being lazy is not a disability. 

There’s this thing that they use in prison called powdered milk...  and a lot of those prisoners work while incarcerated 

• Mr. P changed the title to 💲 Food Stamp enrollment lowest in 8 years