💲 The Trump Economy 💲

KirtFalcon

I don't support this at all!!!! ... How about cutting government spending instead!!!! - KF

Axios: Trump Supports Gas Tax Hike

to Fund Infrastructure

Image: Axios: Trump Supports Gas Tax Hike to Fund Infrastructure

President Donald Trump (Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP)

By Jason Devaney    |   Wednesday, 14 Feb 2018 05:36 PM

President Donald Trump reportedly said he supports a 25-cent hike in the gas tax during a White House meeting Wednesday.

Two sources told Axios that Trump said the tax increase could be a way to pay for upgrades to the nation's infrastructure, although he is open to using other methods to fund the projects.

In a statement to Axios, a White House official referenced comments made by Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao Tuesday, in which she said raising the gas tax — which was last increased in 1993 — is a possibility.

"As Sec. Chao mentioned yesterday, the president is focused on his four priorities: spurring $1.5 trillion of infrastructure investment, cutting down the burdensome permitting process from 10 years to two, providing funding for rural infrastructure, and investing in workforce development," the official said. "He has said everything is on the table in order to achieve those goals.

"The gas tax has its pros and cons, and that's why the president is leading a thoughtful discussion on the right way to solve our nation's infrastructure problems."

A separate report this week, meanwhile, claimed the Republican Party is mulling the idea of raising the gas tax. The rate currently sits at 18.4 cents per gallon for unleaded and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel.

Increasing the tax by 25 cents a gallon, according to the report, could result in more than $375 billion in additional tax revenue over the next 10 years.

Read Full Article Here Axios: Trump Supports Gas Tax Hike to Fund Infrastructure | Newsmax.com

All this hoopla about tax cuts and putting money back in peoples pocket and then you turn around and cancel everything out with a .25 cent tax on gasoline? That makes no sense at all! ...  It's the worst kind of tax as it hits the working class and poorest people the hardest ... this is a monumentally bad idea! ... :toughguy:

Edited by KirtFalcon

22 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

They need to stay away from taxing gas, because that is a necessity for transportation.  While I would pay less than $300 a year based on weekly gas consumption, I don't want to pay more for gas.  

Surely the republicans have more sense than to do this ....

My daily trip to/from work is around 80 miles (rounded up). My weekly shopping trip is about a 30 mile round trip. That's about 430 miles a week. I've got a paid-for 2005 Honda Accord. I "gas up" probably once every week to week and a half. I think I get somewhere around 28 MPG highway.

43 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

My daily trip to/from work is around 80 miles (rounded up). My weekly shopping trip is about a 30 mile round trip. That's about 430 miles a week. I've got a paid-for 2005 Honda Accord. I "gas up" probably once every week to week and a half. I think I get somewhere around 28 MPG highway.

Are you saying you are ok with this gas tax increase?  I think we are paying far too much in gas tax now ...

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Are you saying you are ok with this gas tax increase?  I think we are paying far too much in gas tax now ...

No, not at all. I just put $32 worth of gas in my car this morning. If I put approximately 14 gallons of gas in my car, that's an extra $3.50 out of my pocket. Because I think the "gas tax" is on a "per gallon" basis, not on a "per dollar" basis.

What I can't understand is this.......MOST of what we call "WELFARE"....was produced by Johnson and The GREAT Society in the 1960's

Section 8...WIC....SNAP...FOOD STAMPS......All based on the "ability" of the recipient to WORK AND receive "help"....IT WAS NOT A FREE RIDE.......but TODAY we have FAMILIES that know how to "work" the system and get their FREE RIDE off the government....even NOW they can "qualify" for a FREE PHONE....and it's NOT a "Gibbs's" flip phone!!!!   It really "IRKES" me when I am in the line at the grocery store....and I have my basket of stuff...and I have spent 1 1/2 hrs in the store getting the best deals and coupon savings....and I get to the check out....and it's $250....hamburger/chicken/FROZEN fish sticks....and then either in front of me....OR behind me people come and have RIBS/Steak/FRESH shrimp/Fish/Pork........and they put the whole bill on their EBT card......$300 or more......AND NO ONE works a LICK!!!!....and don't even get me started on those that are here from "other places" with a Texas or other identification card that looks like a drivers license and they have the same basket and pay with an EBT card????......IS THIS the land of opportunity for a JOB....or opportunity for a FREE RIDE???:angry::angry:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Surely the republicans have more sense than to do this ....

Then they'll probably do it, because most of them don't have the sense to do what is right for the Country, and we need to elect Conservatives that will.  I can't believe the Democrats are praising it since they love taxes.  

4 hours ago, ManCaveDweller said:

What I can't understand is this.......MOST of what we call "WELFARE"....was produced by Johnson and The GREAT Society in the 1960's

Section 8...WIC....SNAP...FOOD STAMPS......All based on the "ability" of the recipient to WORK AND receive "help"....IT WAS NOT A FREE RIDE.......but TODAY we have FAMILIES that know how to "work" the system and get their FREE RIDE off the government....even NOW they can "qualify" for a FREE PHONE....and it's NOT a "Gibbs's" flip phone!!!!   It really "IRKES" me when I am in the line at the grocery store....and I have my basket of stuff...and I have spent 1 1/2 hrs in the store getting the best deals and coupon savings....and I get to the check out....and it's $250....hamburger/chicken/FROZEN fish sticks....and then either in front of me....OR behind me people come and have RIBS/Steak/FRESH shrimp/Fish/Pork........and they put the whole bill on their EBT card......$300 or more......AND NO ONE works a LICK!!!!....and don't even get me started on those that are here from "other places" with a Texas or other identification card that looks like a drivers license and they have the same basket and pay with an EBT card????......IS THIS the land of opportunity for a JOB....or opportunity for a FREE RIDE???:angry::angry:

We've all seen it.  I've seen them driving far better vehicles that what I can afford and wearing nice designer clothes with smart watches or phones.  I've already given examples of single mothers that won't marry their boyfriends, because they receive higher income tax returns as well as Government assistance even while holding down a 40 hour a week job.  Believe it or not I heard one today bragging about getting $500 more back on her income tax while receiving food stamps and W.I.C..  That doesn't count the healthcare that she received when she gave childbirth.  She's not a minority, so it's people of all races taking advantage of the system.  

YEP....have told the story before of a friend that works in Dallas county Social Services.......told the story of the young lady...about 30 walks into the emergency room...says that she is about to "domino".....she fills out the papers and the nurse came back.....asked why she put "breadwinner" in the occupation slot....said...That's what my grandma calls me....I can't take care of my kids so I "sign" them over to her and the state pays her $1500 a month to "care for my children"....HOW many do you have???...THIS will be #8!!!!!!!!......8 x 1500=$12,000 a month!!!!!!......12 x 12,000= $144,000 A YEAR!!!!!.........SIGN ME UP!!!!........NOT!!!!!!.....THIS is why we as a country are in such DIRE straights for money for infrastructure and schools and such.........DO WE NEED to go to the CHINA RULE?????....2 and you're done????!!!!...all others "taken care of"...cough cough .......don't get me wrong....IF someone needs the help...I AM THE FIRST ONE TO HELP.......but my goodness......enough is enough!!!!!

19 hours ago, ManCaveDweller said:

I was at a local grocery store once, and the person in front of me was holding an EBT card...and a $100 bill.

Just now, Monte1076 said:

I was at a local grocery store once, and the person in front of me was holding an EBT card...and a $100 bill.

it's been so long since I have seen $100 bill....Is "Ben" still on the bill????...or have they put someone else on there like they were going to do with the $10 bill

Just now, ManCaveDweller said:

it's been so long since I have seen $100 bill....Is "Ben" still on the bill????...or have they put someone else on there like they were going to do with the $10 bill

HEY...the way people are throwing our National anthem....our flag and other symbols under the bus........thought they would surely throw....

G.W. for being an EX slave owner

Hamilton....TOO much $$$...didn't "spread the wealth"

Jackson....treated the Indians so bad

Grant.... for being a drunk and rebel rouser

Franklin for being a "perv" with the women of France

Lincoln ....haven't found anything wrong YET........give those SNOWFLAKES time...they will come up with something

• Mr. P changed the title to 💲 Food Stamp enrollment lowest in 8 years