The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome getting a National Champion caliber player

LOL! Wow! Did you have a brain injury? I want to know before I unleash - I don't want to come off as cruel. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Just to say it again, Congrats on the win

Thanks. I’m sure you guys are anxious for your crack at them next fall. They have gotten a few recruits from texas as well. 

Lsu being at championship level is not a good thing for their A&M or Texas when it comes to recruiting Houston.... still...respectively... I hope they wipe the floor with Texas. 😝

Trevor Knight drafted in the first round by the Arizona Hotshots(part deux?) of the new Alliance of American Football league.

After all the tiebreakers are laid out, A&M finished 3rd in the SEC. I can’t believe they will get knocked all the way down in the bowl selection process to a game vs Baylor/Oklahoma st.

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

After all the tiebreakers are laid out, A&M finished 3rd in the SEC. I can’t believe they will get knocked all the way down in the bowl selection process to a game vs Baylor/Oklahoma st.

It's looking like we may have a shot at the Citrus Bowl. That'd be awesome. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's looking like we may have a shot at the Citrus Bowl. That'd be awesome. 

Outback bowl seems more likely. Definitely want a Florida bowl

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, WETSU said:

No respect for the Aggies. They may have finished 3rd in SEC (still don't understand how they are not tied with Florida), but FBS College Playoff has them as the 7th place team from the SEC.

14 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

No respect for the Aggies. They may have finished 3rd in SEC (still don't understand how they are not tied with Florida), but FBS College Playoff has them as the 7th place team from the SEC.

I already explained this... A&M and Kentucky finished tied and Kentucky cannot be above A&M in the standings because A&M beat them and holds the tiebreaker. Kentucky and Florida finished tied and Kentucky beat them and holds the tiebreaker. Therefore, if Kentucky can’t finish above A&M and Florida can’t finish above Kentucky, then the standings are A&m Kentucky Florida in that order. The only way Florida could pass Kentucky and A&M is if the three were tied and all played each other delivering a loss to each other similar to tech,ou,Texas in 2008. Make sense? 

As for A&M being 7th in the eyes of the committee, that’s because they have one more loss because they lost to number 2 Clemson. If A&M has beat Clemson and still finished with the same conference record as Kentucky or Florida, I can promise you they wouldn’t be ranked behind them. But even as it is, playoff rankings and conference standings are not the same thing and you know that. So why are you pretending like you don’t understand all of this. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Don’t hold your breath

52 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I already explained this... A&M and Kentucky finished tied and Kentucky cannot be above A&M in the standings because A&M beat them and holds the tiebreaker. Kentucky and Florida finished tied and Kentucky beat them and holds the tiebreaker. Therefore, if Kentucky can’t finish above A&M and Florida can’t finish above Kentucky, then the standings are A&m Kentucky Florida in that order. The only way Florida could pass Kentucky and A&M is if the three were tied and all played each other delivering a loss to each other similar to tech,ou,Texas in 2008. Make sense? 

As for A&M being 7th in the eyes of the committee, that’s because they have one more loss because they lost to number 2 Clemson. If A&M has beat Clemson and still finished with the same conference record as Kentucky or Florida, I can promise you they wouldn’t be ranked behind them. But even as it is, playoff rankings and conference standings are not the same thing and you know that. So why are you pretending like you don’t understand all of this. 

A&M played a heck of a game against Clemson. I don't think they are being penalized for losing such a close game to the #2 team in the nation. It seems to be a national consensus that if Georgia beats Alabama, Alabama will still be in the Top 4. So I don't think being ranked 7th among SEC teams has anything to do with losing to Clemson.

And it would be really cool to see a link that shows A&M finishes above Florida; maybe a link that's not ran by A&M or A&M fans.

The SEC doesn't have any "rankings" as a conference, right? It only goes by division, and A&M finished 2nd in the West. There's no "3rd in the SEC" or anything like that... 

I don't really care about the #19 ranking. After #4, it doesn't make much of a difference at all.... And we only have ourselves to blame blowing the game vs Auburn. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The SEC doesn't have any "rankings" as a conference, right? It only goes by division, and A&M finished 2nd in the West. There's no "3rd in the SEC" or anything like that... 

I don't really care about the #19 ranking. After #4, it doesn't make much of a difference at all.... And we only have ourselves to blame blowing the game vs Auburn. 

Technically in the bowl selection process they do have a “ranking” so to speak. I mean they still have the call over who goes where, but the bowl is intended to match something like “3rd SEC vs 2nd big 10” or “5th sec vs 6th big12.” The sec does have rights to pick and choose if it wants to send the true team or another team, but there is a pecking order if you will when it comes to bowl positioning.

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

A&M played a heck of a game against Clemson. I don't think they are being penalized for losing such a close game to the #2 team in the nation. It seems to be a national consensus that if Georgia beats Alabama, Alabama will still be in the Top 4. So I don't think being ranked 7th among SEC teams has anything to do with losing to Clemson.

And it would be really cool to see a link that shows A&M finishes above Florida; maybe a link that's not ran by A&M or A&M fans.

I have done digging in this. And stand corrected. You are correct as was JFF. There are no true sec standings other than divisional ones. At least not officially. So you can claim Florida finished higher in the sec all you like... but it would be cool if you used your brain and some logic instead of complaining about tie breakers that dont even truly matter. But I wouldn’t expect a Texas fan to have any idea or respect to how a logical tiebreaker works anyway. 

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

No I ain't going Florida is good place beats San Antonio where your team probably going 

If not the Sugar Bowl, probably the Alamo Bowl.

23 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I have done digging in this. And stand corrected. You are correct as was JFF. There are no true sec standings other than divisional ones. At least not officially. So you can claim Florida finished higher in the sec all you like... but it would be cool if you used your brain and some logic instead of complaining about tie breakers that dont even truly matter. But I wouldn’t expect a Texas fan to have any idea or respect to how a logical tiebreaker works anyway. 

Dealt with many tie-breakers in my day. Some are logical, some not so much. Your explanation was one of those "not so much" ones. That's the only reason I asked. I don't really care where the Aggies finished. Nice low blow at the end though at a Texas fan. You've been very passive aggressive lately. 😆

2 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Dealt with many tie-breakers in my day. Some are logical, some not so much. Your explanation was one of those "not so much" ones. That's the only reason I asked. I don't really care where the Aggies finished. Nice low blow at the end though at a Texas fan. You've been very passive aggressive lately. 😆

Explain how mine doesn’t work? And you clearly do care where the Aggies finished because it has bothered you this entire thread.

If the sec did rank it’s teams, explain to me why you think Florida should finish above A&M. 

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't think it was a low blow at all.... In 2008, it was pretty clear that there was a 3-team race with Texas, Tech, and OU and Texas treated it like a 2-team race, showing that they didn't understand the tiebreaker rules. McCoy, Mack.... all were in the media showing a complete lack of understanding in the process. 

Now, the fans? That depends on person to person. 

• LOL locked this topic