Sooners 2018 Thread

Mr. P

31 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

You think that hurt yall in recruiting? Were all needs met? 

Not really, except that other schools can cite our lousy defensive stats.

But my understanding is that Mike is actually an above-average recruiter. 

Yes, this year's class filled several needed areas. 

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

National Signing Day 2 has passed.

Hopefully there will an announcement soon about a defensive coordinator change.

Yeah, but at this stage of the game I think it'd cause more problems than it would solve. 

Not sure I want to be DC shopping just a few weeks before spring practice starts. 

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Yeah, but at this stage of the game I think it'd cause more problems than it would solve. 

Not sure I want to be DC shopping just a few weeks before spring practice starts. 

I would groom someone on staff to take over... someone that can scheme better...  Unless you want to bring in a big-name heavy recruiter... but that has never been the OU way.  They hire solid quiet names that sneak up on you and crush your dreams... (Venables, Riley)...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I would groom someone on staff to take over... someone that can scheme better...  Unless you want to bring in a big-name heavy recruiter... but that has never been the OU way.  They hire solid quiet names that sneak up on you and crush your dreams... (Venables, Riley)...

Yeah, that'd be fine. Or heck, I wouldn't even mind if Mike was allowed to keep the DC title if it meant someone else was running the show. 

But dude...  we have GOT to get away from the three-man fronts and  "prevent" mentality. It's killing us. 

2018 OU Prediction:

12-0

Non-conference schedule is very likable, and it really doesn't matter who they trot out at QB, they will be the heavy favorite in the B12.  

I am not even sure that I have to justify this prediction so I am going to leave it here....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Non-conference schedule is very likable, and it really doesn't matter who they trot out at QB, they will be the heavy favorite in the B12.

Non-conference schedule
FAU, Sept. 1: Boy Genius has all summer to come up with a scheme. Y'all remember the UH game season before last? Uh, yeah...
UCLA, Sept. 8: Another offensive whiz, who will have the benefit of seeing Kiffin take our defense apart. Yay. 
Army, Sept. 22: What's this? A triple-option rushing attack? Better line up in the Nickel. 

Wedged in-between is an away game against Iowa-f###ing-State. I just hope we don't have to face another backup quarterback. There's just no defense for that. 

My prediction: Mike gives up well over 2,000 yards of offense before the Red River game. 

• LOL! 1

25 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Non-conference schedule
FAU, Sept. 1: Boy Genius has all summer to come up with a scheme. Y'all remember the UH game season before last? Uh, yeah...
UCLA, Sept. 8: Another offensive whiz, who will have the benefit of seeing Kiffin take our defense apart. Yay. 
Army, Sept. 22: What's this? A triple-option rushing attack? Better line up in the Nickel. 

Wedged in-between is an away game against Iowa-f###ing-State. I just hope we don't have to face another backup quarterback. There's just no defense for that. 

My prediction: Mike gives up well over 2,000 yards of offense before the Red River game. 

:lol: I love the new OU optimism.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

:lol: I love the new OU optimism.

C'mon man, this is my m.o., that's Mr. Sooner Poor-Mouther to you.  :D 

Pretty sure I had us a 20-point underdog to Tulane last season. 

46 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Matthias always hits us with that strong OU support!!

This year I fully expect UT to beat OU by 90 points. After the game Herman will pistol whip Riley and Bevo will sodomize one of the Schooner ponies. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Valhalla said:

National Signing Day 2 has passed.

Hopefully there will an announcement soon about a defensive coordinator change.

Everything I have heard says Mike Stoops is stay.

Riley has made it clear what he wants to see and Mike has a year to deliver. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Matthias said:

Non-conference schedule

I'm not worried about FAU now that Briles is in Houston. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

I might be in the minority but I expect Murray to have a great season . He playing with a Chip on his shoulder. I hope he proves himself. 

If he plays the entire season, he'll have a great season.

Dude doesn't need to be Baker to have a great season. If all he does is feed the RBs to set-up the RPOs, he'll roll up the stats. 

On 2/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, Matthias said:

That backup QB that started his 1st game against Oklahoma and for the rest of the season was granted a 6th year of eligibility.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

That backup QB that started his 1st game against Oklahoma and for the rest of the season was granted a 6th year of eligibility.

I think we've got a chance to stop him this year. I hear Mike is gonna come at him with a two-man pass rush. Let's see how good he is with only 30 seconds to find an open receiver. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

You can also slow down really fast teams just by growing the grass out an extra inch or 2... something you can’t do with turf

And extra padding for QBs playing heroball. 

• LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Orlando Brown is destroying his draft stock at the combine.

He and I have the same sized hands. 

I am not a 6-8 All-American college lineman. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic